Cornerstone OnDemand Client Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

3.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The client success team interview process starts with an online HireVue interview, progresses to a phone interview with a recruiter, next moves to a group of manager interviews, and finalizes with a presentation to the group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who was difficult.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about something you are proud of in your career.   Answer Question

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Oct 16, 2017

Welcome to Cornerstone and thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience. We are happy to hear it was a positive one! We value employee referrals and encourage them here as it... More

Other Interview Reviews for Cornerstone OnDemand

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in January 2016.

Interview

Completed initial phone interview and video interview, then have been "on hold" for 4 months. Appreciate that they'd rather make sure the position is needed before filling, versus hire and potential elimination.

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in June 2015.

Interview

HireVue which is completely automated system performed the screener interview. The software is explained well and many chances are given to do practice questions. But if you have never done this type of interview, it may be off-putting. Technology is required (web-cam and audio) however HireVue assist as much as possible to rectify technical difficulties.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client that was unhappy.   1 Answer

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

The interview process starts with a video interview through HireVue. If that goes well enough, you move onto a phone interview with two managers. Be prepared to answer questions on both HR related topics and technology.

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in June 2014.

Interview

Cornerstone OnDemand promotes a positive employee culture, however their interview process does not reflect that at all. The process was very long and tedious. I had 4 interviews in 7 weeks. Two were video interviews. The 1st interview was a screening interview with a recruiter which was a pleasant and straightforward. The 2nd was a HireVue video interview, which was challenging with complex questions. I had done a lot of research on video interviews and had prepared well for the interview regarding the job and the company. I understand that video interviews have value to companies, but as a candidate, CSOD could have done a better job of making this a positive experience.

The 3rd was a 1:1 video interview with a manager which was conversational and straightforward. The 4th was a telephone interview with 2 other managers which was uncomfortable because it was not very conversational. I felt as though they were just going thru the motions, throwing questions at me and I was wasting their time. I was well-prepared for both of these interviews with a clear understanding of the job requirements, company, etc. I was told that the next step would be me doing a presentation via Webinar to 5-7 managers. The manager said that there was no 'in-person' interview in their process, which I found very odd.

I was notified by the recruiter that they were moving forward with another candidate. I asked for some feedback on my interviews so that I could learn from the experience. I never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your customer came to you and said that they are not getting what they are paying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Washington, DC).

Interview

Overall the interview process was great! At each stage of the process the interviewers checked in with me, kept me updated, and definitely gave me a realistic job preview at multiple points. They continuously made me feel like I was interviewing them as well.

I had 6 different interviews before I was given an offer, and others have had more from what I discovered, so be prepared for a lot of interviews. They are however hiring A LOT of people and the process will be quick, even though you have to schedule time for multiple interviews. These were group, 1:1, and presentation style.

Interview Questions

• The final group presentation interview, to multiple managers, would probably be the most intimidating for the majority of interviewees. You have to put yourself in the job and present your responses to a predefined case study.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Dallas, TX).

Interview

An online recorded interview was first. Very different! Questions like "What is SaaS?" You have 30 seconds to consider your answer before you are being recorded. Then two interviews were tag team with two people for each interview. I felt the first one was very impersonal. I was asked to give an example of the steps that were taken to execute a software platform. After talking for about 15 minutes, I heard silence. I said, "Hello?" I felt that the manager was distracted during the meeting. Did not ask me any "can you elaborate questions" and I felt she was not interested at all. I was very surprised since I have great respect for COD.
    The second interview went back to my technical expertise. The three strengths they were looking for was 1) Customer Service, 2) HR background and 3) Technical expertise. The last two do not usually go hand in hand from my experience. Although I had enough experience in working with IT in executing platforms, was an HR Director and had been a salesperson with numerous awards in my history I felt that the technical expertise was not want they felt I had.
    I was given no feedback on why I wasn't selected but the tech experience seemed to be the part I think they focused on.
    I was surprised at the lack of warmth from most of the interviewers. I didn't feel they were interested in me from the beginning.Perhaps if it had been in person or even on a Skype, it would have been different. I was very saddened that I was not chosen when I have over 20 years in HR processes, sales and platform execution. And disappointed that I didn't know what they were looking for. I could have elaborated on technical if I understood what they were interested in.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the execution of that platform? How did you deal with the technical requirements?   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

The interview process follows the model of hiring smart, cool, dedicated and innovative people. There is a series of interviews, conversations, and solution oriented challenges, and this is the best way to ensure your hire the best talent!

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Ridiculously unorganized. The amount of people and length of time it took was a true word practice from a firm that supports HR and Recruiting clients. Many inexperienced interviewers that did not seem to communicate amongst themselves. This process was very poorly organized and they did not seem to understand how much time was being wasted for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• All over the map. No real process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I went through 4 interviews in total. First I interviewed with the Senior Manager, then two people who were Managers within the CSM group, then with a current CSM, and finally with the Director of Client Success Services. I was asked to detail my Talent Management / Learning experience and my familiarity with the Cornerstone system. I was asked some candid questions about my former employer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with Cornerstone OnDemand software.   1 Answer