Cornerstone Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cornerstone Research Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

15 minutes of behavioral questions and a short 5-10 minute case. Interviewer was friendly, but in the end told me the correct approach to the case, which I didn't use. Heard back the second day of interview that I did not get to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. It was an hour long interview on campus with two current analysts - 30 minutes each (10 minutes behavioral, 15 minutes case, 5 minutes for questions). There was a bit of mental math involved, but that was to be expected.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing the damages/lost profits for a flooded car dealership?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

Two thirty-minute phone interviews with two of the firm's analysts. After a few minutes of introductions we dived into a case both times. Both analysts were very positive. Overall a good experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Boston, MA).

Interview

The first round interview was pretty standard, with about 10 minutes of resume review and behavioral questions and then a case. The interviewers were both very friendly and helpful when I got a little lost on one of the cases. Also very willing to talk about their experiences- very quantitate role.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was friendly and guided me a lot. There were a couple of behavioral questions, and then a short economic case. I didn't know the legal or economic aspects that much, but he understood and defined things for me as needed. Overall it was enjoyable and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions regarding classes; a short case on economic issues related to a kind of lawsuit   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with two analysts (30 min each) from Chicago office. The format was 10~15 min questions on my background and research experience followed by a case for each. I think I nailed the first case but the I failed in the second case because it dealt with game theory concepts from economics while my background is finance and mathematics. The interviewer just quit the case study while I was struggling to gather any thoughts to answer it as best as I could. In general, I felt like, unlike other economic consulting firms I interviewed, Cornerstone Research only values economic background. By the way, the interviewers were super friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• 1. a case about Mortgage Backed Securities
      2. a case about Bid Rigging
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed on campus, got rejected two days later. The interview format was standard: behavioral + data project + case study. The data project should be in detail, and easy for the interviewer to follow. The two cases asked of me were adapted from the interviewer's own cases. I thought I had a good run, but apparently I did not.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, heard back within a couple of weeks. 1 hour video interview with two 30-minute sessions with 2 different interviewers. Each session has a behavioral and a case component. The interviewers were friendly.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. Three 30-minute sessions with 3 different interviewers. Each session has behavioral questions and a case. All interviewers were very nice and helpful working through the case.

Interview Questions

• Why Cornerstone research?
      What is your favorite course? Why?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interestingly, my first round interview was on-site (although most of applicants got their first round interview on campus). First round interview consisted of two 30 min interviews with current analysts. 10 min behavioral interview, then case question. I had a case about pharmaceutical industry (patent) and a case about mortgage-backed securities. The analysts there were all really professional and nice. They will guide you through the case questions even though you don't know anything about the concept (for example, I had no idea what mortgage-backed securities were).

Interview Questions

• Why cornerstone, why consulting, research experience, data experience   Answer Question