Cornerstone Research Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Cornerstone Research Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Nov 7, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interestingly, my first round interview was on-site (although most of applicants got their first round interview on campus). First round interview consisted of two 30 min interviews with current analysts. 10 min behavioral interview, then case question. I had a case about pharmaceutical industry (patent) and a case about mortgage-backed securities. The analysts there were all really professional and nice. They will guide you through the case questions even though you don't know anything about the concept (for example, I had no idea what mortgage-backed securities were).

Interview Questions

• Why cornerstone, why consulting, research experience, data experience   Answer Question

Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a phone conversation with the hiring manager, then met with 5 individuals while onsite. All of them seemed to have a good understanding of the role, and how they would be interacting with the employee. Some questions were repetitive, not surprising given some of my interviews were over video with some of the New York office employees.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After the initial phone screen I was invited to an on site interview in San Francisco. The interview was with 3 Project Administrators each given their own 30 minute window lasting a total of an hour and a half. The questions were relatively straight forward and relevant to the job duties.

Interview Questions

• What was your proudest accomplishment at your previous position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Applied, had first round interview at a major conference, had phone call and schedule second round interview. Second round was a few interviews in the morning (1 on 1) with people at Associate level or above, you give a lunch seminar, then go to lunch yourself and have more interviews in the afternoon. Good/nice/smart people, interesting work, fun interview (in my opinion).

Interview Questions

• All the interviews are about the same. (1) They tell you about Cornerstone (2) They ask you some about you. (3) They do a case: They give a story about a case they've worked on and ask you to work through it, basically trying to see how you think about problems, how you might solve or go about answering a typical case, and test your relevant intuition and skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Fresh graduate interviewed with Cornerstone Menlo Park office. They first asked about my research, then followed by valuation, security litigation, and convertible bond questions. You might have a better sense of the questions if you are trained as MBAs instead of PhDs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter within 1-2 days after I submitted my package via email. They arranged a general interview (30-45min) in the early January. The interview starts by introducing the company, asking about my background (mainly research), and a simple security case. After 3 days, I was notified by the local office for an onsite. The onsite interview contains 5-6 small panels, with a presentation in between. Cases include accounting, security, valuation, and mutual fund.

Senior Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It is a 45 mins interview in ASSA conference. There are two parts of the interview: the first part is about my job market paper. The second part is about the a "fiction" case study. There are three of them conduct interviews, from different locations. One senior and one junior. They know the literature well. The case study is about a possible litigation on competition.

Interview Questions

• Some case questions on possible litigation on competition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed with Cornerstone at AEA meeting in January 2016. The were two interviewers. First, they asked me about my job market paper, research interests and career goals. Then they gave a case on which one of the interviewers has worked recently. They helped to go through the case and overall it was interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• Why dp you think you will be good in teamwork-oriented environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Multi-round, case-driven interview process. In total there were 4 rounds of interviews:
    - 1st round was a simple phone screen with qualitative/motivation/background questions
    - 2nd round was a round of cases led by first year analysts
    - 3rd round was led by senior analysts/associates
    - 4th round was five cases led by a variety of analysts, associates, engagement managers, and partners.

Cases varied from the airline to pharmaceutical to technology to consumer goods cases and were largely interviewer led.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you assess whether there were anticompetitive practices in a pharmaceutical merger?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position after meeting with analysts and recruiters at my school's career fair. I applied through their website as well as through my school's career portal. They replied within a week to set up an interview. Mainly behavioral questions and questions about my past work experiences. Did not feel like I was a match and did not receive second round.

Interview Questions

• Why economic consulting? How do you think you would excel in this position?   Answer Question