Cornerstone Research Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cornerstone Research Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus and then D.C. office. Reasonably difficult interview, 5 or so case interviews involving past cases that the firm has worked on. Pretty important to have basic knowledge of econometrics and regressions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cornerstone Research

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I first interviewed on campus and then on-site. I interviewed with seven people in total and each presented me a case to work on. There were also some behavioral questions. Everyone was encouraging and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute skype interview. Walked in to start the case 6 minutes after my time slot started (person before me finished late). Case wasn't too bad. Got to the behavioral interview and the interviewer goes, "Sorry, we don't have time for your behavioral. Have a nice day." Left me rather upset and with a very bad impression because I'm certain it is a fantastic firm.

Interview Questions

• Case study regarding the sort of work the interviewer did.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

30 mins long. Started with a case, ended with some behavioral questions. The first 20 mins were a case with a data table. Questions about interpreting data and how it might affect our recommendation to the client.
    Behavioral questions asked about classes and interests amongst other things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

There are 3 behavior questions, two of them are about previous working experiences and school activities. And then there is a integrated case. The case is not hard, and the interviewer is really nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Resume submission, followed by an on campus interview with behavioral questions and a brief case study, then taken into office for final round with five forty minute interviews and a nice lunch

Interview Questions

• How to disprove the validity of a dataset, question about drug price change after phase 2 test results, some hedge fund stuff   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

15 minutes of behavioral questions and a short 5-10 minute case. Interviewer was friendly, but in the end told me the correct approach to the case, which I didn't use. Heard back the second day of interview that I did not get to the next round.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

Two thirty-minute phone interviews with two of the firm's analysts. After a few minutes of introductions we dived into a case both times. Both analysts were very positive. Overall a good experience!

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was friendly and guided me a lot. There were a couple of behavioral questions, and then a short economic case. I didn't know the legal or economic aspects that much, but he understood and defined things for me as needed. Overall it was enjoyable and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions regarding classes; a short case on economic issues related to a kind of lawsuit   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a really positive experience. The interviewer was extremely friendly and helpful during the process. They will guide you through the case study during the interview. Generally 1/3 for behavioral questions and 2/3 of the time for case study. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a a situation where you have to manage large data set? What are some of the difficulties during the process?   Answer Question