Cornerstone Research Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cornerstone Research Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cornerstone Research

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

There were two 30 minutes phone interviews with a 5 minute break in between. The first 10 mins of each interview as personal and resume related questions, the next 15 mins was a short case interview question, and the last 5 minutes was reserved for you to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• YPhone files a suit against XCell for damages associated with stealing a proprietary technology, how would you evaluate the damages?   3 Answers
  • I believe everyone needs to have a passion, what are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cornerstone Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

First round consists of two different thirty minute interviews. First 5 or 10 minutes is behavioral and the rest is case questions. Next round is 3 or 4 30 minutes interviews with case questions. Case questions are very interactive and geared towards problem-solving.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about defending a bank (with specific background information given to you) from an litigation claim that it was partaking in questionable mortgage services (giving questionable loans)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

Interview

Got the Interview from on campus recruiting. Had no experience with Economic Consulting. Actually, I was very likely the only non-economics major in their final round. Had a total of 6 case interviews for the 2 rounds, 2 for the first round and the other 4 for the second round. All cases are from different industries ranging from security damage to antitrust to IP..... Didn't really prepare in terms of the types of the cases since I was only preparing for strategy/management consulting case interviews previously. However, still somehow managed to get through the interview and was placed in their waiting list, after one week of waiting, was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you use statistics to examine if the airline is manipulating prices.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First round was just one 1:1 interview with an associate. Final round was 5 1:1 interviews with analysts and senior management, and lunch with two analysts. Standard format: questions of fit followed by a case question. No need to worry about calculating damages.

Interview Questions

• Case question.   1 Answer
    • Talk to me about a class you took that made you feel outside your comfort zone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied through my university and was contacted less than a week later for an interview the following week. The interview was a short, 30-minute one. It was 1:1, and he began by asking me about things on my resume (past work experience). Then he gave me the case, which was a lot more finance-oriented than I was expecting. I think prior knowledge of finance would have helped tremendously. My interviewer also kept on pushing me by saying, "And...?" after I had laid out my structure and my answers, which got me easily flustered since I didn't have anything more to say. I was notified a week later about the result of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Your client is a private hedge fund specializing in distressed debt in US, Europe, and Asia. They are thinking about divesting in Asia.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through the career center. Consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews.
    Everything went pretty smoothly. I knew I was on the right track with the case interviews because the interviewer was giving me positive feedback (e.g. "That's exactly right" or "Good suggestion, that's what we actually did when we were working on this case").
    Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a hedge fund and a mutual fund?   Answer Question
    • How would you analyze the riskiness of a fund-of-fund's portfolio?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

They asked some behavioral questions mostly about my past internship and projects.
    Then, they performed an intellectual property case study by sending graphs via email before phone interview.
    But the recruiter was friendly

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 3 1:1 on-site interviews, all back-to-back. The interviewers were all very friendly and relatively laid-back.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers usually asked how I would approach a given case (such as how to valuate damages, etc.). Each interviewer presented a different case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 employees, one 30 minute and the rest 45 minutes. Went from office to office meeting each ones, and all the 45 minute interviews were half simply introducing yourself and the other half was a case question that each employee had prepared. The first interview is all behavioral and resume-based. There was a lunch break in between, where your host and one other analyst takes you out and eat at a restaurant. It is more like a semi-formal/casual interview, but they don't take notes or ask you case questions, so it is a good time to ask any questions that you might have.

Interview Questions

• Why economic consulting?
      Tell me about your experience written on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

first round over skype, then immediately to final round. first round over skype started with behavioral and some lightweight case stuff; final round had five or so interviews with behavioral and then case. Lunch break in the middle of the day.

everyone was very smart and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Determine if pump and dump was going on based on case info   Answer Question