Cornerstone Research Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.4

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

Two rounds:
a) First round: Two interviews, 15 minutes behavioral, 15 minutes case.
b) Second round: 3 Behavioral + case mixed (although mostly case) interviews, 1 entirely behavioral interview. The cases were super interesting, but really required you to think hard.

Interview Questions

• A lot of detailed questions about past experiences, especially research experiences on resume. A couple of questions testing your ability to explain economic concepts in a simple manner.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cornerstone Research

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (New York, NY).

Interview

For a summer analyst role, the interview process was very simple. The first part was an on-campus interview which was split into a short behavioral components (I was asked questions about projects listed on my resume) and a case. The cases are not like your management consultant cases. They will typically be based off of cases that the interviewer has worked on. Typically, they will lead the case interview and it will be conversational. The super day involved four interviews that were each identical in format to the first-round interview (a behavioral component, typically based on your resume/transcript, and a case).

Interview Questions

• Questions about how to calculate damages (loss in sales) due to defamation, how to assess damages in a case of alleged patent infringement, etc. Have an intuitive grasp of what a regression is and basic assumptions in statistical analysis.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

very nice interviewers, they help you out if you get stuck. very technical questions so you should definitely go over a lot of case studies before the interview. go over your past experiences as well they ask you a lot of questions and go very into detail with past projects you've worked on.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. 5 minutes behavioral and 25 minute case. Case was difficult, long, and complicated. Behavioral was mostly tell me about yourself, very quick, and straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university job portal and was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview consisted of 2 30-minute rounds that were back-to-back. Each round contained a couple behavioral questions, a case based on something that the interviewer had recently worked on, and time for questions.

Overall, the interviewers were very friendly. The questions are designed to test your basic understanding of economics and data analysis. I was not selected for a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous internship experiences, and specifically the quantitative skills you used in your internships.

What is your biggest achievement in extracurricular activities?

Case question - how can we calculate costs, revenue, how can we estimate damages   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school's website and heard back 3 weeks later that I had been extended been extended an interview. I showed up to the career center for my interview and it turned out to be a video interview. I had not been told what kind of interview it would be either. I walk into the room with the video live, and we jumped into a case before I even had a chance to introduce myself.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question regarding stocks (not very difficult)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two standard 30 minute on-campus interviews, asked 2-3 basic behavioral questions and then a case each. Final round was four 40 minute interviews, first half asked a lot about resume/work experience, second half was a case for each interview. Afterwards they take you out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions pertaining to graphs such as "What does this trend show you" etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

applied through school portal, selected to do first round on campus- interviewer seemed disengaged, was on the phone during most of the time (in a 1-1 interview setting). It was obvious that he did not want to be there. Behavioral for 5 minutes followed by a 20 minute case. Rejected through e-mail 3 days after

Interview Questions

• If you are working with DoJ to investigate a M&A, what would be your key considerations? Mostly interviewer led.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus and then D.C. office. Reasonably difficult interview, 5 or so case interviews involving past cases that the firm has worked on. Pretty important to have basic knowledge of econometrics and regressions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I first interviewed on campus and then on-site. I interviewed with seven people in total and each presented me a case to work on. There were also some behavioral questions. Everyone was encouraging and friendly.