Corning Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corning Engineering Interview Questions

2.2

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Corning in March 2015.

Interview

Dropped a resume at my university's engineering career fair and got a fast response about open internship positions. I was pretty busy at the time and wasn't able to type up answers to some behavioral questions they sent until a few weeks later. I was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them the next morning and got a phone interview set up for a few days later. The recruiter who initially contacted me was very helpful and seemed like he really wanted me to get the offer. The supervisor who interviewed me was also friendly and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple projects due at the same time?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Corning

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Corning in March 2015.

Interview

I talked with recruiters at our career fair, applied online, was contacted with a request for more info form, had a general screening interview, and then had two interviews about different positions (all phone and non-technical). This was all over the span of November - March. I got my offer just under a week after my third phone interview. There was little communication between alerts that so-and-so wanted to interview me; I didn't know whether I'd been rejected or whether they were just still placing candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked behavioral questions, not technical ones: just about my interests in engineering, my experience, etc. I wasn't expected to know anything about the manufacturing process.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a email asking for scheduling time for call, and had some conversation regarding resume and visual basic programming

Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call without any prior notice. Asked about when I can graduate and that's it. Lasted about one minute or two.

Anonymous Employee in Elmira, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corning (Elmira, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

phone call
    one on one
    panel interview.
    total process about 3 to 4 weeks.
    one division I interviewed for i am glad i did not get a job offer.they had normal employees, that were more interested in demonstrating to their management team how omnipotent they were.

Interview Questions

• depends on who you talk to.
      some are as trivial as what do you want to be when you grow up.
      others are more mature, and delve into your personality.
      some were more of the typical question that can be googled.
      there are many divisions and all have their own style.
      look at their style, and that will give an indication of the culture at the location.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

It took about a month after I had applied, but I finally received a call and asked to start as soon as possible. Spoke with the manager I would be working under and discussed pay and responsibilities. Very straightforward and to the point interview, just asking basic question related to my resume.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corning in September 2009.

Interview

I got the interview from the campus career fair. Some general questions based on the Resume...

Interview Questions

• What is your interest? Which one you prefer, R&D or engineering?   1 Answer