Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Corning (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Career fair where the recruiter liked my experience-> interview in person with 3 people -> interview with HR where they asked about my background -> Waited for confirmation but never heard back until months later

Interview Questions

• Name one experience that you had where you disagreed with your supervisor. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Corning (Hickory, NC).

Interview

Involved panel team, many detailed questions.
    Strung along for OVER 3 MONTHS with multiple phone screens and on site interviews lasting an entire day, then abruptly dropped with zero communication/feedback.
    After all their fluffy webpage dissertations about inclusion, diversity, etc, not even the common decency of a status report or thank you for the quarter year and days invested. No basic human respect of a 30 second email back. What a grand wast of time. Good to see the true colors of this team BEFORE accepting a position.

Interview Questions

• Textbook personality questions...Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Process Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painted Post, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Corning (Painted Post, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I finished an on-site interview early June at Painted Post. Before that there were two phone interviews, one from a recruiter and the other one from the research group manager. I submitted my resume through a referral. The whole on-site interview start with a one-hour technical presentation about my research, followed up by 10 one-on-one interviews. The interviewers include several members from the research group, and several managers from other research groups. One director and one HR manager are also included. The interview took all day.
    During the one-on-one interviews, they asked me some follow-up questions and some behavior questions. They also gave me time to ask them questions. From my side, I think most of the interviews went quite well. However, after almost 6 weeks, I still got no response from the company. No rejection letter or offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Corning and this specific job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What kind of collaboration experiences did you have?   Answer Question
    • If I ask your colleagues or adviser, what are the three strengths they would say about you?   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Began as a university recruiting event followed by a phone interview, skills assessment, and multi-stage in-person interview with a tour given by the manufacturing manager followed by 1-on-1 interviews with the plant manager, operations manager, and human resources representative.

Interview Questions

• They asked a variety of situational questions in advance of the in-person interview based on various supply chain scenarios.   Answer Question

Product Line Manager - Innovation Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They've sent me a questionnaire, then without noticing they gave me a call in the morning the next day, very unpolite attitude and were saying just wanted some more information, to be polite I said sure which I thought was some questions about the questionnaire but turned out to be a behavioral question interview, I was totally unprepared and didn't expect this interview and the recruiter just hung up the phone not even asking do I have any questions.

Spray Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Just the manager called me, he didn't asked me about specific experiences, and then setup an on-site interview at Corning, NY. It went pretty smooth, reaping same questions all the day, the guys were really nice, except the manager that was really picky, and unfortunately I found that he is in charge of finalizing the offer. I did not have a good feeling toward him and I think likewise for him. Generally the interview was not bad except the manager of that specified division. Also I found Corning, NY not a cool place to live in!

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Corning Inc. is very misleading in its interview process. I had 4 interviews which seemed like they went very well but only after numerous back and forth emails did I find that all the positions were filled but "there's a good chance something will open up". They could have at least had the courtesy to send an official rejection instead of stringing me along!

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Went through two phone screens with HR and hiring manager and was moved to final interview pool. Very long time between all stages of interview process with virtually no interim status updates.

Brought in for a full day, multi-department interview and by all accounts was well received, with hiring decision taking place then next week.

HR and hiring manager did not provide any more feedback after that despite multiple attempts to discuss over the next 6 weeks.

Communication was poor and fact that the company, either corporate leadership or HR, cannot be bothered to respond to highly talented candidates if they aren't selected (I assume at this point, because, well, who knows?).

This tells me all I need to know about working for Corning, even if they were to call back. Very disappointing.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corning (Christiansburg, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview started with two people in a small room. You were instructed to speak about yourself for 30 minutes beginning from High School until now. You were asked to include past jobs, achievements, awards, etc. Mostly they just listened and only talked to clarify things. After this was over you were taken to another room where you repeat the process with two more people. Once this 2nd 30 minute session was done you were taken to a room where you took two different personality type tests. Once this was complete you were done and they walked you to the door.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about yourself starting from your High School Years until now. Include details such as jobs, awards, achievements, etc. You have 30 minutes.   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Met at a career fair and had interview the next day. Interview was about 25 minutes and the interviewers repeated questions and were generally too specific in their presented scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to pick a team. What qualities did you look for in each group member?   Answer Question