Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corning Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Went through two phone screens with HR and hiring manager and was moved to final interview pool. Very long time between all stages of interview process with virtually no interim status updates.

Brought in for a full day, multi-department interview and by all accounts was well received, with hiring decision taking place then next week.

HR and hiring manager did not provide any more feedback after that despite multiple attempts to discuss over the next 6 weeks.

Communication was poor and fact that the company, either corporate leadership or HR, cannot be bothered to respond to highly talented candidates if they aren't selected (I assume at this point, because, well, who knows?).

This tells me all I need to know about working for Corning, even if they were to call back. Very disappointing.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corning (Christiansburg, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview started with two people in a small room. You were instructed to speak about yourself for 30 minutes beginning from High School until now. You were asked to include past jobs, achievements, awards, etc. Mostly they just listened and only talked to clarify things. After this was over you were taken to another room where you repeat the process with two more people. Once this 2nd 30 minute session was done you were taken to a room where you took two different personality type tests. Once this was complete you were done and they walked you to the door.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about yourself starting from your High School Years until now. Include details such as jobs, awards, achievements, etc. You have 30 minutes.   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Met at a career fair and had interview the next day. Interview was about 25 minutes and the interviewers repeated questions and were generally too specific in their presented scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to pick a team. What qualities did you look for in each group member?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial contact was made through online application. Then a recruiter emailed to set up a 30 min phone interview. Then another person from the recruiting dept. emailed to set up a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a third person emailed and set up an on site interview with 4-6 different people 1-2 at a time. They used a company interview form with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you saw someone bending the rules and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Optical Fiber Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview after pre-screening phone interview. You send in your application, they send you a survey, then you send in your responses. If they like them, you get a phone interview. After that you might be called in or you will be continued to be considered or given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you use the scientific method in your experiences   Answer Question
    • Tell us about relevant experience (research, past work, etc.)   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

There was one pre-phone screen interview, and then one actual phone screen interview. This was followed by an on-site interview with 5 different people and a presentation on your research project, and a factory tour. Each person has a different set of questions that's either somewhat technical or personality/teamwork related. The last person who will interview you was the area manager (i.e. the boss of the all the previous interviewers) and asks the most technical of questions. Plan and proactively ask lots of questions, even during the factory tour.

I did not get the position but I enjoyed talking with each of the interviewers. The whole process took about 2-3 months.

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Hickory, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via e-mail and scheduled a phone screening with a recruiter. The phone screening was followed up by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, I had an in-person, panel interview at Corning in Hickory, NC.

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corning (Canton, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

After waiting in a lobby with no receptionist, no check-in process, somebody eventually noticed I was there. (I couldn't contact anybody, as it's a secure building.) I was escorted to a dreary room that looked like a 1970's-era cop show interrogation room, and three guys, one at a time, proceeded to ask me inane questions having nothing to do with the work.

Interview Questions

• What route did you take from your home to the interview?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer - Thermal Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

2 day process at headquarters in Corning, NY.

Day 1: Area tour, manufacturing plant tour, dinner with 2 engineers
    Day 2: 30-45 minute presentation on topic of choice (preferably technical) followed by 6-7 half hour long interviews in succession.

Presentation was given in conference room using PowerPoint on a projector. Panel of 6-7 engineers+ Human Resources person as audience. Relevant questions were asked
    during/immediately after presentation. Following presentation, One on one interviews were given with each member of the panel present for the presentation. Questions were straightforward. No bs...
    All members of the hiring team were very nice and the experience was pleasant. Seems like great place to work. Facilities looked great.

Interview was not necessarily that difficult. The presentation requirement and length of 2 day process led to my rating it as difficult, however.

Advanced Process Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

After a phone interview, they flew me out and I interviewed with several members of the team I would be working with. First I gave a presentation on a "technical topic of my choice" to the group, then had several one on one interviews. These interviews varied from newer hires to other managers whom I would potentially work with.

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation on a technical topic of your choice.   Answer Question