Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

146 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keller, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Corning (Keller, TX).

Interview

Took a tour and got the job, interview next day. All I had to do was pass drug test and background check. Casual dress interview and no questions. Wasn't offered what I was told.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Corning (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Career fair where the recruiter liked my experience-> interview in person with 3 people -> interview with HR where they asked about my background -> Waited for confirmation but never heard back until months later

Interview Questions

• Name one experience that you had where you disagreed with your supervisor. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

LDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview then an in person/ panel interview. Followed with two more phone interviews .

Engineer Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted online applications. After 3 weeks I got HR contact asking for general questions. After that its another 2 weeks for a phone screen with hire manager.
    However the hiring manager was not interested in any conversation through the process: there was no question asked on my resume nor my motivations so interview last about 10 mins.

I feel it's a waste of time for both ends and manager just not professional enough to conduct an proper interview

Interview Questions

• Started with do you have any question for me? and that's all he asked   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Corning (Hickory, NC).

Interview

Involved panel team, many detailed questions.
    Strung along for OVER 3 MONTHS with multiple phone screens and on site interviews lasting an entire day, then abruptly dropped with zero communication/feedback.
    After all their fluffy webpage dissertations about inclusion, diversity, etc, not even the common decency of a status report or thank you for the quarter year and days invested. No basic human respect of a 30 second email back. What a grand wast of time. Good to see the true colors of this team BEFORE accepting a position.

Interview Questions

• Textbook personality questions...Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Tech III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corning (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got call in one week. screening questions were simple and easy. were focused about my resume and academic research. technical round was much deep and through.

Process Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painted Post, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Corning (Painted Post, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I finished an on-site interview early June at Painted Post. Before that there were two phone interviews, one from a recruiter and the other one from the research group manager. I submitted my resume through a referral. The whole on-site interview start with a one-hour technical presentation about my research, followed up by 10 one-on-one interviews. The interviewers include several members from the research group, and several managers from other research groups. One director and one HR manager are also included. The interview took all day.
    During the one-on-one interviews, they asked me some follow-up questions and some behavior questions. They also gave me time to ask them questions. From my side, I think most of the interviews went quite well. However, after almost 6 weeks, I still got no response from the company. No rejection letter or offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Corning and this specific job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What kind of collaboration experiences did you have?   Answer Question
    • If I ask your colleagues or adviser, what are the three strengths they would say about you?   Answer Question

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning (Hickory, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Rushed in and out with very little attention to my actual resume or work experience. I was told they were desperate for employees so I'm pretty sure I could have been anyone.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a drug and background check.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corning (Hickory, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

After the application there is a test to take (I took it at CVCC but it has since changed to online). Basic math, English, grammar and some mechanical questions. After the test is passed you go onto an interview. Interview is pretty easy, just normal questions.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you saw something unsafe and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Began as a university recruiting event followed by a phone interview, skills assessment, and multi-stage in-person interview with a tour given by the manufacturing manager followed by 1-on-1 interviews with the plant manager, operations manager, and human resources representative.

Interview Questions

• They asked a variety of situational questions in advance of the in-person interview based on various supply chain scenarios.   Answer Question