Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.9

Advanced Process Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

After a phone interview, they flew me out and I interviewed with several members of the team I would be working with. First I gave a presentation on a "technical topic of my choice" to the group, then had several one on one interviews. These interviews varied from newer hires to other managers whom I would potentially work with.

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation on a technical topic of your choice.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First was a 30 minute phone interview with one of the recruiters from Oklahoma. The phone interview was very conversational and seemed easy to relate to the recruiter. We talked about the answers to the original application. Then I was offered an in-person interview with the hiring manager at Corning HQ. The interview was very relaxed despite the incredibly professional setting and was one-on-one. The in-person interview lasted just over an hour. Before leaving, I was given a Writing Test to complete in five days. I waited a week and found out they hired internally instead. The silver lining is that they wanted to keep me in-the-loop and ending up reaching out to me with another opening that the previous hiring manager put my name in for.

Interview Questions

• What was your most significant achievement and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Corning?   Answer Question
    • If you had to choose between media engagement and content development which one would you prefer?   Answer Question

Wireless Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for an initial discussion over phone. It was mainly about my interests and Resume and lasted for about 20 minutes. Three days later I got an E-mail to schedule a telephonic interview with the Hiring Manager. Two people interviewed me for about an hour. It dealt more deeply about my resume, my interests and how I would fit the position. There was some ended discussion about the position and possible things that can do. Overall the interview was easy and the questions were specific to the position I was applying to. Basic research based on the Job Description was enough to answer most of the questions

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR about two weeks later.The first phone interview was done by HR for background checking. The second interview was with hiring manager, basically went through the resume. The third interview was with a team member, she asked a lot of detailed questions about what I have done before (on my resume).

Interview Questions

• They went through the resume and asked questions about my current work.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 or 7 people. Took all day. Everyone was very nice and interested in my work. A great experience. Very friendly people. A lot of questions about how I would feel living in the area and how I heard about Corning.

Before the interview I gave a quick presentation about my research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable offer.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

The process was professional, and well scheduled and planned. Started with a presentation of work experiences and technical skills, and then had several 1-on-1 meetings. They will each ask questions regarding motivation of applying the job position, experiences in performing technical projects, some specific technical questions relevant to the job responsibilities of the position in application, and soft skills for working with people.

Interview Questions

• How to accomplish projects.   1 Answer

Wireless Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corning (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Got a screening form and phone interview after that. The interview was good and lasted for 40 minutes with discussion about next steps. HR told me that they will be in touch but no specific deadline about decision was mentioned. I have to mail them to several times asking about the decision. The interview went well and interviewers seemed interested and told about their ongoing projects and work responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Academic courses, interest area and technical questions about my project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Wilmington, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Walk into a room with interns and a couple workers. Sit down and take a programming quiz while they sit around you and talk amongst each other. After you finish, they ask a few personal questions. Interview took around 30 minutes.

Commercial Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Hickory, NC).

Interview

Corning went to my school's career fair. A week after speaking with them at the event, I got a call from a recruiter. The recruiter was from a third party recruitment agency and didn't seem to know a lot about the position at all. He asked basic behavioral questions. A little while later, I got a second phone interview with a member of Corning's HR department. I enjoyed speaking with her and was excited about the program after the conversation. After, I was brought onsite for an interview in Hickory, NC. The onsite interview was very boring. Most other companies would have me tour their facilities, or explain why the program was so great, or at least feed me lunch but Corning basically locked me in a conference room for 3 hours. People would walk in and take turns interviewing me and talk about things that weren't so great about the program. It was kind of surprising how unexcited people were. I went into the final interview excited about the rotational program and left the interview feeling like I would never, ever want to work there based on how unhappy some of the people interviewing me were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your priorities changed. Tell me about a time you had to introduce a new idea to a group. Tell me about a time you motivated yourself when your work was not enjoyable. Why do you want to work for Corning? See yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning in November 2015.

Interview

Applied early in October, was contacted about 2 weeks later to fill out a questionnaire and send an updated resume. One week later I was contacted for a phone interview with the project managers the following week. Interview was a little more casual than expected, went through my resume and explained some points, no really technical questions. Project managers were both very friendly and were more than happy to answer all of my questions. I asked a few questions and then they explained the intern program in depth, was told I would hear back within two weeks, was notified just over two weeks later they were pursuing another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Just questions about my resume and they asked me to talk about myself   Answer Question