Corporate Office Properties Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Corporate Office Properties Trust

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corporate Office Properties Trust.

Interview

The interview process is very lengthy. There were 3 separate interviews- first with the hiring manager, second with the hiring manager's one-up manager, and third with an HR representative. When/If you make it to the HR interview, you will likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical strengths, weaknesses, customer service, behavioral, situational experiences.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Corporate Office Properties Trust (New York, NY).

Interview

SKETCH compensation plan. This job was sold to me by a super pushy recruiter who I told my salary requirements then she comes back with this company who wants to pay 49 in base,8% bonus, and then offer 20% in restricted stock...oh and they want 5 years of experience.. good luck. Oh and the guy on the phone didn't even have the recruiters name right and was like oh I have this down you make this but would be willing to settle for lower? I took myself out of the running when they told me the salary was non-negotiable, you don't even have a 5k range, obviously you aren't interested in hiring the best people, you want to cut costs and hire entry level that's fine but don't call someone in a senior analyst role with experience for a major company expecting them to take it. Restricted stock is typically reserved for executive compensation or a bonus benefit, not a way to get out of paying an analyst 53k when their market value is 65.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Corporate Office Properties Trust.

Interview

The interview process was unbelievably disrespectful and beyond ridiculous. The company strung me along for 5 months. Yes, that's not a mistake, 5 months. There were two points in the 5 month process where I had completely written them off and forgotten about the job, only to get a call a month later asking me to come in again.

I had two phone interviews, and then they required I come into their offices twice during that 5 month period and set aside half of my day to interview with a total of 7 people.

In the end, I got another offer and decided to take it, and so took myself out of the running for this position. I decided I wouldn't want to work for a company who clearly didn't have its act together, and treated people so poorly. I figured that was pretty representative of the way they must do business.

I sent them a very respectful email, telling them I had decided to go another way, and then oddly got a call from them 4 days later saying they had decided to hire someone else (umm, I couldn't care less, I already told you I had accepted another job), but the real ringer was that they said my salary requirements are too high.

Well, if that is the case, then they were clearly and purposefully wasting all my time over the 5 months. Not only did their job application require I put in my salary requirements (which I did), but the person doing the hiring asked me again the first time I met him in person.

So in the end, it appears they wasted 5 months of my time, requiring me to take multiple days off work to accommodate their multiple interviews etc, even though they knew from day one what my compensation requirements were.

Tread carefully with this company and keep your expectations exceptionally low if you want to apply to a job there.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Corporate Office Properties Trust.

Interview

The interview process was very tedious. I interviewed three times. I have to say it was very thorough and at times the questions just kept coming, but I guess you have to be thorough if you want quality people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were able to resolve an issue and how.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Corporate Office Properties Trust in March 2010.

Interview

Clear and concise interview process. Was interviewed by supervisor and then HR

Interview Questions

• Name a specific problem encountered in the workplace and how you solved it.   Answer Question