Corporate Payroll Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corporate Payroll Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Corporate Payroll Services

2.4

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services.

Interview

The Human Resources department located my resume online and determined that my background suited their needs. I had a scheduled interview with my direct manager. It was great to meet my supervisor right away so that we could answer each others questions. Their expectations of me were fully explained in detail. I was able to not only explain why I was right for the job but was able to understand how the job suited me as well.

Interview Questions

• I had payroll experience therefore we got into some intricate details regarding the topic and payroll taxes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not necessary to negotiate as they gave me a fair offer upfront with uncapped commission and expense reimbursements.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services (Rockville, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

This company is looking for a sucker. First the recruiter send me an email with the job description to see if I was interested. I emailed her back and said I am. She emailed me with a time and date to meet the Branch Manager. But not one time did she call me to see if I was qualified. First red flag. I interviewed with this company in the Rockville (Washington DC) office. I was not impress. No one greeted me at the door. I had to ring a bell. So unprofessional. I arrived 15mins early as the recruiter said to fill out an application which I never did. Any who no big deal. I met the Branch Manager and she looked a HOT MESS. 2nd red flag. She asked me all kind of weird questions. Like what kind of car I drive, how far do I live from the office, I can't remember them all. But let's say they were a little unethical. So weird. But I have been in sales for a long time and I can tell this company have high turn over rate. I am sure people quit because you have to drive 1 1/2 or 2 hours to see your clients. Who want to do that. Putting all those miles on your car. This company can not compete with the big boys. E.g. ADP or Paychex. Training is wack. 3 days in the office and you are thrown to the wolf. WTH That kind of blew my mind. Really???? Well I sat there and smile as if I was interested but was not. Do not waste your time interviewing here because I am sure you will quit less than 6months. What a waste of my time and energy. They have the nerve to be picky when selecting canindates. The branch manager said she didn't hire anyone the last go around of interveiws. Gee I wonder why. She couldn't find a sucker.

Interview Questions

Corporate Payroll Services Response

Jan 20, 2014 – Controller

I am sorry you feel the way you do. We ask questions about transportation because there is a lot of driving required in the job. Someone who has a very long commute to and from the office in... More

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services (East Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with a recruiter first and then the Human Resources manager who appeared to be thorough in explaining the posistion but when i met with the manager it was very brief as he did not spend a long time with me. I assumed he was not interested.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience dealing with customers via phone?   Answer Question

Sale Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services.

Interview

casual phone interview and then interview manager. last call back for interview with coworker
    math quiz and then typing test for words per minute then had to compare information in two columns to look for errors on a page

Interview Questions

• Basic mental math questions   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services (Sacramento, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

nice and really nice people. slow process, to many questions

Interview Questions

• noting out of left field, professional and focused. Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The branch manager was ten minutes late for the interview which is never a good sign. She asked very few questions and actually typed on her computer during the interview. I would hope she was typing notes, but she indicated that she was busy that day so it could well have been work emails being completed. If so, this is completely unprofessional to candidates that dedicate this time to the interview process. It would seem her expertise would be operations rather than sales. She told me it was an "8 to 5 job" which is a big red flag that she is not sales-oriented. If you want to close a deal, then you do what it takes to earn a new customer and commission regardless of time of day. I would hate to think that you get a call or email from a prospect after five and do not answer due to your stated hours by the branch manager. It's the old adage of would you rather work more and make more or work less and get a salary. I actually had more questions about the job and company, but she rushed me out the door which was rude and impolite. At the end, she indicated the final decision would be made by the Sales VP. As a company, I would prefer my Sales VP to contact candidates directly rather than having a BM with no sales experience screen them for further review. When I heard about the current number of clients for CPS in Chicago, I was not surprised. I would assume candidate selection and training are not streamlined. If you want a good payroll sales job, go to ADP and Paychex instead.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services (Norcross, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in for testing. The lady was really nice and I think I did fairly well. After completing the test, the lady told me how I did (not that great) and I went home.

Payroll Technician Interview

Interview

First Interview/Basic Skills Test. Was given confirmation that I was to attend the first interview and take the basic skills test on a certain date. I applied online and within a couple of days, I got a phone call discussing the details about the job including pay, minimum requirements and detail descriptions.

Interview Questions

• I was given a last minute phone call saying that they cancelled my first interview due to having the position filled. Not happy with that despite I've been looking for a job for the past year. People deserve chances!   Answer Question

Payroll Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online via Craigslist and was called within a few days by the HR rep to schedule an interview with the branch manager. The interview tests were outlined in the job ad. Upon arriving I was sat in a small conference room with a computer and had to complete several timed tests. They included a typing test, a math test (no calculator), a comparison test (looking at two columns of letters/numbers and picking out which did not match) and typing data into an excel spreadsheet. I was very nervous but moved through all the test quickly. At the end of the tests I spoke with the branch manager about my resume and answered her questions and she told me more about the position. I was told that I would hear back regarding a second interview after my test scores were finalized.

I heard back that day to schedule a second interview. My first interview was on a Friday morning and I received the call within a few hours asking if I could even go back later that day. I could not so I made the second interview for Monday morning. This interview was more casual and I met with a current employee who had a few years of experience. We spoke about the job and my experience for 10-15 minutes.

After the second interview I received an email that day from the HR rep to fill out a form for a background check. I assumed/hoped this meant I would receive a call with an offer. I heard back from the HR rep finally on Thursday with an offer for the position, which I accepted.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corporate Payroll Services (Norcross, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Their recruiting process was very unprofessional. I went to their office and completed their homemade assessment. After being notified that I passed, I interviewed with the Controller. He said that I would be contacted as I would be moving forward in the process. I would be interviewing with the CEO next. I then get an email from a recruiter a few days later stating that I would not interview with the CEO but they would get back to me. I notified them that I was not interested in interviewing with such an unprofessional company.