Corrections Corporation of America Corrections Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corrections Corporation of America Corrections Officer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

1.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Washington, DC).

Interview

unbelievable. I was interviewed by the Maintance Supervisor in the back office where it was dark and dirty, one of the techs was sitting the interview. she didn't realy ask that many questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Corrections Corporation of America

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Youngstown, OH).

Interview

Interview is first a paper application, then a phone interview. This is followed by an interview with a panel of 2 people of different administrative levels (Sometimes 3). You are then given an employee ID number (whether you are given a position or not) and have a computer ethics exam. All the paper work is filled out as if you are going to work there. Final paperwork is a background investigation packet.

Interview Questions

• Most starting officers come from all walks of life. If you have previous security or military experience you just have to emphasize the skills you used there.

One standard question is: based on your previous career, what skill do you think will transfer over to corrections?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

went into the conference room. sat down and there two men on the other side of the table asked me 6 questions each. interview was very monotone. pretty easy questions, very common sense, just wanna make sure you are gonna be a long term employee and know what you are getting into. working corrections is not for everyone and they wanna get the people who wanna make a career out of corrections and not there just for a job.

Interview Questions

• what do you do if an inmate tells you your supervisor said it was okay to bring something back to their cell   2 Answers

Corrections Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

So with any privatized contract company its all about a clean record and credit report that is in good standing. After those two major obstacles then it is about relevant military or prior law enforcement experience. After working here I always thought they should do some sort of character test to implement in this process as well.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were scenario based and what would you do, common sense type answers   1 Answer

Corrections Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cushing, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Cushing, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically if you can pass the back ground and drug test you got the job. They will hire anyone. Don't sweat it. Go try it out. It sAys 50 word min but I really don't have that much to say, because basically you just need to try it out, because what can it hurt?

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

I completed the application online, and one week later I received a call for an interview. Seeing as though I resided more than six hours away from the facility, I was able to conduct an over the phone interview. The interview was a panel interview with two HR reps.

I was asked a series of scenario based questions, pretty common sense, then at the end of the interview I was offered the job

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a co worker was having an inappropriate relation with an inmate?   1 Answer

Pay was low

Corrections Corporation of America Response

May 3, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review, however I believe the role you interviewed for was for another company with a similar name, possibly in the US, not CCA International (UK & Europe)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3 months from the time that I applied to the day I started. It can be a fast process if all paperwork and physical test are completed without any issues overall easy.

Interview Questions

• Lots of what would you do and what if questions with more then one person interviewing you at the same time   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

The interview process will consist of filling out an application and checking your email within a few days to take an assessment. After the assessment, they ask for permission to check your background, if relevant. You are then put into a pool, in wich they will call you if they need to interview you. The interview consists of a wide variety of questions dealing with your moral character and such.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was: "tell me something that you used confidence to get through?" I thought this was strange.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksboro, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Jacksboro, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Was asked some questions did a drug test a tb test and a pat test had to wait 48 - 72 hours so they could read my tb test then started two weeks later

Interview Questions

• Will it bother you to be called names my inmates   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eloy, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Eloy, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

They asked a set amount of questions from a list. they take turns asking these said questions. it is easy to pass the interview. All you nee to know how to do is count to 2 and have a pulse.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stressful situations?   1 Answer