Corrections Corporation of America Detention Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corrections Corporation of America Detention Officer Interview Questions

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is about 15 min and it took two months from the day I applied to the day I interviewed. They do an extensive background with ICE and you have to take a drug test along with a credit check. I was interviewed by the chief and HR and it was very pleasant interview and I should be hearing something in a week or two.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
  • What is customer service and how does it apply when dealing with detainees?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if an inmate is constantly calling you names. How would you address it?   1 Answer
  • What is outcome,if any, from having team goals as opposed to individual goals?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you had to work with a person you did not get along with. Basically how would you go about conducting a productive work day despite you alls differences?   Answer Question
  • Sell yourself. Basically asking what special skills do you have that differentiates you from others and being the selection for the position?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any questions for them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Corrections Corporation of America

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (South Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I sat before 2 different people during my interview. If I'm not mistaken it was a Lie and a Captain. They both had a list of questions that they asked me and as I answered them they wrote them down. Only 10 questions 5/5 .

Interview Questions

• If you and a cowrkr that you didn't like were assigned to the same work area how would you handle the situation?   2 Answers
    • How does customer service in the free world help with dealing with this job?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase. They offered me a salary and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

You must pass a security check. Including background screening, credit check, references, and be intelligent. This makes for great coworkers though. The reason for credit check is so you won't take bribes from detainees.
    I first got a phone screening, this was months after originally applying, then an in person interview a few weeks later, drug test, another panel interview, and then hired. Thorough investigation of background by ICE since this in a ICE contract job. Easy process, just long. Be prepared to hurry up and wait.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, but the pay is so high already.

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

interviewed in front of 4-5 people: Warden, Assistant Warden, Chief of Security, and a sargeant. It took me over a year to hear back after filling out the application. The process has changed somewhat but it still takes awhile from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you willing to work (in hindsight, I would have been more specific)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a job offer on letterhead.

Detention Officer Interview

Interview

Basic interview process. No one person conducts all interviews. Several administrators will conduct interviews; all depends on who you can impress. Once the interview is complete, you will immediately conduct a computerized survey of questions. This is probably where the real interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• If you are not acquainted with a corrections type of environment, trying to picture yourself in a setting like this full of "residents" ranging from 60-100 per one officer is a little nerve racking.   Answer Question

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

Dress the part of a business minded person and always look your interviewer straight in the eye; it shows confidence in yourself. Don't volunteer information, let them ask all the questions. Never mention money until after you are assured the position.

Interview Questions

• No off the mark questions will be asked of you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone is paid the same across the board for detention officers.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

the interview process is really simple. they ask if you have education, school if you have other jobs and if so what. it depends on the interviewer. be carefull you might be judged on how you look. if you know people that can also be a good look. again i wish you good luck!

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

It was a very generic interview. They asked a few questions about how you would react in certain situations and how would you treat a person if you new this or that about them. I was surprised that the interview was not more in depth it was very surface level. The security clearance was what surprised me, it took 6 months to get my clearance and it was then that I could actually be hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if an inmate showed his/her genitalia to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my way or the highway with CCA.