Corrections Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brawley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Brawley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was professionally conducted and the interviewees seemed genuinely interested. I have not interviewed in years and it seemed like a nice structured process. Received an email that another candidate was chosen but was advised if still interested to update my file.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Florence, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Two people in a room asking questions about skills, experience and situational questions as well as why I felt I was best candidate for job along with any special qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Monitor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by a panel of 2 people. Asked basic interview questions pertaining to the job with fillers about the agency in between. It lasted an hour. Said they would follow up in a week. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, I called HR twice before leaving a message. No one has yet to return my call since. Within the 3 weeks since I started, I was called for an interview, the job opening opened up twice and my candidate profile still says active.

The process has been good so far but the lack of communication via phone and/or email is leaving a bitterness on my tongue. The not knowing part is driving me crazy, whether I got the job or not, it's all about peace of mind.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a fellow coworker was engaging in a relationship with an inmate?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked to come in for a face to face without any type of phone screen. One one one interview that lasted about two hours. Never received any type of follow-up communication. Not even as little as an auto rejection.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

About a month after applying, the corporate recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. She made sure to let me know that there would be up to 3 rounds of interviews for this position. I received a 20 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager explained that she would be notifying candidates about the second round within one week. After 3 weeks of silence, I received a call from the recruiter, and she scheduled a second interview. The second interview was an in-person/panel interview with the hiring manager and two managers/directors from other areas. The interview was manageable, and lasted about an hour. There was a brief assessment afterwards. At the end of the interview, I asked the hiring manager when she would be making a decision for the next round. She stated that she couldn't give me a timeline, because the last timeline she gave was not honored and there's a lot going on outside of hiring. I felt the interview went well. I followed up with the recruiter 3 weeks post second interview, and she replied that no decision had been made but she hopes to have an update by the end of the next week. I never heard from her, I was not scheduled for a third interview and received no further communication, leading me to assume I didn't make the cut.

I'm rating it as a negative experience because the process was extremely drawn out, and there was no communication of where I stood. It was basically a long guessing game.

Interview Questions

• How would you communicate a time sensitive request to managers in other areas, while being considerate of their time?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bastrop, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Bastrop, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Poor credit? Don't waste your time!
    I applied online. Had an over the phone interview AND an in person interview. Waited and waited only to receive a "thanks, but no thanks email" with no further explanation as to why I was not chosen. Same thing at another facility, except, this time, they called back before the in person interview and said that my CREDIT SCORE was not good enough to come in for the in person interview. What in the world? If I have a job I could pay all of my BILLS ON TIME!

Interview Questions

• Doesn't matter. They only care about your credit score apparently. I have a 4 year degree.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Initially I received a phone call from the HR department at the Marion County Jail to schedule an interview. There were several times/days available. I had some difficulty upon entering the facility as I had not been previously informed that purses/bags are not allowed inside nor are cell phones. I was able to take those things back out to my car. After re-entering the facility I was informed that the dress code policy states that anyone entering the building is required to wear sleeves--I happened to be wearing a dress shirt that did not have sleeves. The receptionist allowed me to enter "since I wouldn't be going any farther than the interview room". Some time later I was greeted by the two people who interviewed me. They were very friendly and easy-going. They gave me some details about the position then asked a series of basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult/unexpected question was "What is something that only your close friends or family would know about you?"   1 Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

The interview process will consist of filling out an application and checking your email within a few days to take an assessment. After the assessment, they ask for permission to check your background, if relevant. You are then put into a pool, in wich they will call you if they need to interview you. The interview consists of a wide variety of questions dealing with your moral character and such.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was: "tell me something that you used confidence to get through?" I thought this was strange.   Answer Question

Co Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eloy, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Eloy, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

applied online, received a call about 4 days later, went for the interview, interview with 2 personnel employees, was told I would receive a call the following week & did but was turned down.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I should be employed by CCA?   1 Answer
    • What would I do if I saw staff getting compromised?   1 Answer

Manager, Operations Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from the H/R department at the facility to schedule a phone interview with a panel at the corporate headquarters. Typical phone interview based on 4-5 behavioral questions (STAR). Prepare for financial and leadership competency based behavioral questions. Awaiting feedback to proceed to the next round of interviewing with the facility's warden...