Corrections Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.3

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

Two interviews. Tough scenario questions that do not prove or disprove qualifications for job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you implemented a new procedure and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotations in pay. I was offered the minimum and was paid $15,000 less than others less qualified. It is who you know; not your education and experience that counts.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in November 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview with a board of 5 people who asked a range of five to ten questions and the answers were graded on a scale of one to four with four being excellent and one being not even on the topic.

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

The interview process will consist of filling out an application and checking your email within a few days to take an assessment. After the assessment, they ask for permission to check your background, if relevant. You are then put into a pool, in wich they will call you if they need to interview you. The interview consists of a wide variety of questions dealing with your moral character and such.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was: "tell me something that you used confidence to get through?" I thought this was strange.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked to come in for a face to face without any type of phone screen. One one one interview that lasted about two hours. Never received any type of follow-up communication. Not even as little as an auto rejection.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

went into the conference room. sat down and there two men on the other side of the table asked me 6 questions each. interview was very monotone. pretty easy questions, very common sense, just wanna make sure you are gonna be a long term employee and know what you are getting into. working corrections is not for everyone and they wanna get the people who wanna make a career out of corrections and not there just for a job.

Interview Questions

• what do you do if an inmate tells you your supervisor said it was okay to bring something back to their cell   2 Answers

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back from hr. Process took about 1-2 weeks. Interview was average interview was with 2 supervisors and then with two other case managers. Interview involved typical questions as well as conversational. Received offer.

Monitor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by a panel of 2 people. Asked basic interview questions pertaining to the job with fillers about the agency in between. It lasted an hour. Said they would follow up in a week. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, I called HR twice before leaving a message. No one has yet to return my call since. Within the 3 weeks since I started, I was called for an interview, the job opening opened up twice and my candidate profile still says active.

The process has been good so far but the lack of communication via phone and/or email is leaving a bitterness on my tongue. The not knowing part is driving me crazy, whether I got the job or not, it's all about peace of mind.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a fellow coworker was engaging in a relationship with an inmate?   1 Answer

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

About a month after applying, the corporate recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. She made sure to let me know that there would be up to 3 rounds of interviews for this position. I received a 20 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager explained that she would be notifying candidates about the second round within one week. After 3 weeks of silence, I received a call from the recruiter, and she scheduled a second interview. The second interview was an in-person/panel interview with the hiring manager and two managers/directors from other areas. The interview was manageable, and lasted about an hour. There was a brief assessment afterwards. At the end of the interview, I asked the hiring manager when she would be making a decision for the next round. She stated that she couldn't give me a timeline, because the last timeline she gave was not honored and there's a lot going on outside of hiring. I felt the interview went well. I followed up with the recruiter 3 weeks post second interview, and she replied that no decision had been made but she hopes to have an update by the end of the next week. I never heard from her, I was not scheduled for a third interview and received no further communication, leading me to assume I didn't make the cut.

I'm rating it as a negative experience because the process was extremely drawn out, and there was no communication of where I stood. It was basically a long guessing game.

Interview Questions

• How would you communicate a time sensitive request to managers in other areas, while being considerate of their time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eden, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Eden, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Enter the facility. Get cleared to go through the front lobby. Wait for interviewer (Capt or higher). Go to a small room. Answer a small series of questions about what you would do in a correctional setting in different situations. Leave the interview.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall the exact questions. They pertain to what you would do in certain situations you might find yourself in if you become an officer   Answer Question

Corrections Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leavenworth, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Leavenworth, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

You will be interviewed by a board of supervisors. Don't worry, if you have a pulse they will hire you. Assuming that you have good credit and a clean criminal background. They will ask a lot of situational questions. Grow out the words Policy and Proceedure, and ethics and you got it.

Interview Questions

• They will ask a lot of questions about integrity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. You are either offered a job or not.