Corrections Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corrections Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.3

Detention Officer Interview

Interview

Basic interview process. No one person conducts all interviews. Several administrators will conduct interviews; all depends on who you can impress. Once the interview is complete, you will immediately conduct a computerized survey of questions. This is probably where the real interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• If you are not acquainted with a corrections type of environment, trying to picture yourself in a setting like this full of "residents" ranging from 60-100 per one officer is a little nerve racking.   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

applied online. Received a phone call maybe 2 weeks afterward. Pretty basic interview as i have been in security for many years. Was 2 person panel. My advice is be honest and know what you are walking into. People who interviewed me we friendly and made it pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an inmate exposed themselves to you?   1 Answer
    • Could you use deadly force to protect a sex offender, officer or another inmate?   1 Answer

Co Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eloy, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Eloy, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

applied online, received a call about 4 days later, went for the interview, interview with 2 personnel employees, was told I would receive a call the following week & did but was turned down.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I should be employed by CCA?   1 Answer
    • What would I do if I saw staff getting compromised?   1 Answer

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in October 2008.

Interview

Applied, Interviewed, Hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

Dress the part of a business minded person and always look your interviewer straight in the eye; it shows confidence in yourself. Don't volunteer information, let them ask all the questions. Never mention money until after you are assured the position.

Interview Questions

• No off the mark questions will be asked of you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone is paid the same across the board for detention officers.

Corrections Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in March 2012.

Interview

I had to go online to put in my application. The process was pretty easy. I think it was about a month later that I received an email and phone call for an interview. I later found out that the person interviewing me was not even management staff and had nothing to do with the security department. This person was rude, almost confrontational and lied to me saying that they were an assistant warden from another facility helping out. If I had not been desperately wanting to get out of the job I was in while going for this interview, I probably would not have accepted the employment offer. If I had known that the interviewer was lying to me, I would not have accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to bring contraband into the facility or was offered to have a relationship with an offender what would you do? If you knew of an officer party to any of the activities above what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a set offer and would not budge from that.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksboro, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Jacksboro, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Was asked some questions did a drug test a tb test and a pat test had to wait 48 - 72 hours so they could read my tb test then started two weeks later

Interview Questions

• Will it bother you to be called names my inmates   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

So with any privatized contract company its all about a clean record and credit report that is in good standing. After those two major obstacles then it is about relevant military or prior law enforcement experience. After working here I always thought they should do some sort of character test to implement in this process as well.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were scenario based and what would you do, common sense type answers   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bastrop, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Bastrop, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Poor credit? Don't waste your time!
    I applied online. Had an over the phone interview AND an in person interview. Waited and waited only to receive a "thanks, but no thanks email" with no further explanation as to why I was not chosen. Same thing at another facility, except, this time, they called back before the in person interview and said that my CREDIT SCORE was not good enough to come in for the in person interview. What in the world? If I have a job I could pay all of my BILLS ON TIME!

Interview Questions

• Doesn't matter. They only care about your credit score apparently. I have a 4 year degree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cushing, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Cushing, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically if you can pass the back ground and drug test you got the job. They will hire anyone. Don't sweat it. Go try it out. It sAys 50 word min but I really don't have that much to say, because basically you just need to try it out, because what can it hurt?