Corrections Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corrections Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Washington, DC).

Interview

unbelievable. I was interviewed by the Maintance Supervisor in the back office where it was dark and dirty, one of the techs was sitting the interview. she didn't realy ask that many questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Florence, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Two people in a room asking questions about skills, experience and situational questions as well as why I felt I was best candidate for job along with any special qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked to come in for a face to face without any type of phone screen. One one one interview that lasted about two hours. Never received any type of follow-up communication. Not even as little as an auto rejection.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

went into the conference room. sat down and there two men on the other side of the table asked me 6 questions each. interview was very monotone. pretty easy questions, very common sense, just wanna make sure you are gonna be a long term employee and know what you are getting into. working corrections is not for everyone and they wanna get the people who wanna make a career out of corrections and not there just for a job.

Interview Questions

• what do you do if an inmate tells you your supervisor said it was okay to bring something back to their cell   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Youngstown, OH).

Interview

Interview is first a paper application, then a phone interview. This is followed by an interview with a panel of 2 people of different administrative levels (Sometimes 3). You are then given an employee ID number (whether you are given a position or not) and have a computer ethics exam. All the paper work is filled out as if you are going to work there. Final paperwork is a background investigation packet.

Interview Questions

• Most starting officers come from all walks of life. If you have previous security or military experience you just have to emphasize the skills you used there.

One standard question is: based on your previous career, what skill do you think will transfer over to corrections?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eloy, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Eloy, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview questions had nothing to do with being an officer it was more about what I like to do outside of work and family life. It was not productive at all. The staff was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite color?   1 Answer

Detention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is about 15 min and it took two months from the day I applied to the day I interviewed. They do an extensive background with ICE and you have to take a drug test along with a credit check. I was interviewed by the chief and HR and it was very pleasant interview and I should be hearing something in a week or two.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • What is customer service and how does it apply when dealing with detainees?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if an inmate is constantly calling you names. How would you address it?   1 Answer
    • What is outcome,if any, from having team goals as opposed to individual goals?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had to work with a person you did not get along with. Basically how would you go about conducting a productive work day despite you alls differences?   Answer Question
    • Sell yourself. Basically asking what special skills do you have that differentiates you from others and being the selection for the position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for them?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back from hr. Process took about 1-2 weeks. Interview was average interview was with 2 supervisors and then with two other case managers. Interview involved typical questions as well as conversational. Received offer.

Monitor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by a panel of 2 people. Asked basic interview questions pertaining to the job with fillers about the agency in between. It lasted an hour. Said they would follow up in a week. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, I called HR twice before leaving a message. No one has yet to return my call since. Within the 3 weeks since I started, I was called for an interview, the job opening opened up twice and my candidate profile still says active.

The process has been good so far but the lack of communication via phone and/or email is leaving a bitterness on my tongue. The not knowing part is driving me crazy, whether I got the job or not, it's all about peace of mind.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a fellow coworker was engaging in a relationship with an inmate?   1 Answer

Detention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

the interview process is really simple. they ask if you have education, school if you have other jobs and if so what. it depends on the interviewer. be carefull you might be judged on how you look. if you know people that can also be a good look. again i wish you good luck!