Corsair Interview Questions in Fremont, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.6

Channel Marketing Associate - Memory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Two calls - one phone screen from the recruiter and another one from the hiring manager. The one from the hiring manager only took 15 mins and it looks like she's okay to move me forward on the process according to my Excel skills. There was an onsite interview after those two calls. I was only given a schedule for two interviewers from the group, but it ended up being three interviewers. I assume the hiring manager was too busy at that time, and wanted someone else to attend to me. The on-site interviews went smoothly, and all three interviewers seemed to like me. The hiring manager also did tell me that they do need someone for the position soon. One even proactively sent me an email to see if I have any more questions. I thought it was a home-run.

So after 1 or 2 weeks, I emailed the recruiter to check on the status. She told me that there are still candidates to be interviewed. After 4 weeks of no update, I called the recruiter and she responded that they still have candidates to be interviewed. Considering that they "need" someone soon, their hiring process is quite slow. It's been 4 months now, and I still see the job posting on their website. And on LinkedIn, it's showing that they no longer accepting application. It seems like their recruiter isn't passionate about helping candidates or the company to get people hired. Also, their recruiter work for other companies as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/How do you deal with multiple things at once?   Answer Question

Design Validation Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people. The first 3 people were nice, friendly, and polite, but when the last person came in (the manager) he was very rushed and gave off a "I don't really care about you, so let's hurry this up" kind of impression. He asked me two questions, what do you know about our products and have you built yourself a computer. After the second question, which I answered "No, I haven't built a computer for myself, but I've helped build a computer for my dad.", I was quickly dismissed for being under qualified for the job and he mentioned "any further time spent on this would be pointless". I've read on GlassDoor about the reviews of this company and about how upper management doesn't care about their employees, but I didn't know it was this bad.

From reading the job description and talking to the previous 3 interviewers about my tasks I was confident I could fit this role with a little bit of training, but obviously the manager didn't care for someone who needed an introduction. I've never been dismissed so rudely with the implication that I was "wasting his time" than I was in this interview. I feel bad for his co-workers who have to deal with his impatience and I understand that he could have been very busy at the time, but I was giving up my time to interview for them too. The least he could have done is shown a little interest.

My advice for those of you who want a job here is to find a job elsewhere, or if you really want a job here, then you have to be very interesting in order to keep the attention of the manager otherwise you will be dismissed very quickly. When working for a company that has poor management and doesn't care about it's employees, waking up in the morning will be tough. It's just not worth your time or the money to be looked down upon everyday at work.

Interview Questions

• What does the "L" stand for in DDRL3?
      Have you built yourself a computer?
      What do you know about our products?
      What do you know about PCs?
      Why do you want to change your career path?
      Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite standard. First, I met with the customer support team lead and he asked me the typical questions (what are your strengths, weaknesses, how would I benefit the team). Then I met with the technical support team lead and he asked more situation questions (what if, what would you do, how would you react) After both of those 1:1 interviews were done, the manager of the department finished up with asking more personal questions. All in all, quite standard.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I needed assistance on Live Chat and everyone was busy on calls?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. S/He called me and we got started off on the right foot. The hiring manager wanted to get a feel of me as an employee. Plus, the hiring manager wanted to understand my work experience. Assuming I passed this round, I would be interviewing directly with the CEO, who wants to interview all Director-level and above positions. I also understand that they are looking for next level potential.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was hired as a technician and was promoted from within.

Interview Questions

• "What would you want to do if you ran your own business?"   Answer Question