Cost Plus Interview Questions in Fairfax, VA | Glassdoor

Cost Plus Interview Questions in Fairfax, VA

1.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Fairfax, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online with several nearby store locations, through worldmarket.com. I was contacted by 2 out of the 3 stores I applied at, based on my extensive previous retail experience. I decided to only interview with the one closest to me. The interview was fairly informal, with the GM, and he asked me questions that were pre-determined by CPWM corporate. Some questions like: "Give an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor. How did you handle it?" "Give an example of a time when you had to resolve a problem. How did you handle it?" etc. etc. Most all questions were this way. I was also asked why I wanted to work there, what interested me most about CPWM, if I could handle asking people to sign up for WME, if I knew what the WME program was, why they should hire me, etc.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel the interview was at all difficult, nor the questions unexpected or hard to answer. For someone new to interviewing or the job market, I could see it being somewhat of a challenge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The hourly rate was acceptable for the position and I accepted.

Lead Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Fairfax, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

You are interviewed by someone on the management staff. They follow up with contacting former employers and give the results to the manager who may or may not do a second interview. Then you are hired.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions. The interview process is easy if you are completely honest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation, I started out at $10 an hour as an associate but I advanced quickly! If you show initiative you will advance.