Cost Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cost Plus Interview Questions

Interviews at Cost Plus

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cost Plus in October 2019.

Interview

Super quick and informal but I got a very good idea of the overall store and atmosphere. Sat & chatted with a manager for about 20 minutes. They have a list of questions they ask from. All were straight forward and not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenge at work? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

Walked in to ask for job opportunities and the manager briefly interviewed me on the spot. Told me to fill out an application online and they reached back to me within a week with a second interview by another manager.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been like in retail?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer complaint you are unsure of?   Answer Question

Inventory Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Alameda, CA).

Interview

phone interview first and then get 2 sets of on site interviews. about 4 people interview per on site interview. some interviewers really ask specific questions as to your work style and others questions are scenario questions

C S R Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cost Plus (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Remember to look your best, the vision of you is what is thought, matching a person to a place is a managers key. Extremely very good groomed to the best usually helps.

Interview Questions

• It’s more about appearance than what is said, saying is common kindness, looking is the differential variable.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online for the job. Got a call for a GROUP interview a MONTH later. lol They left me a voice mail telling me to set up an interview with Rebecca, Patricia, OR Rachel.

Right after I applied to this job A MONTH AGO I applied to a job that I actually got. When I got the message I was confused. Like when did I apply here!? NORMALLY people get back to you MAX 2 weeks. After that it's common sense that you did NOT get the job. I GOT the actual call AT MY NEW JOB! LOL!

When I got home I had to look up when I applied here and sure enough I applied May 22 they called me June 28! LOL OVER a month later. WOW! I looked on here to research the company, the reviews were bad. And after the interview I saw that 100% of the negative things said on this site about this company were 100% true.

So I called back saying that I will come to the interview. They told me Rachel would interview me on Monday. Keep in mind the person who picked up the phone was lost af. Bad employees = Check!

So I show up on Monday and the employees are lost as ever. They tell me no Rachel works here....LOL. They tell me to wait near the tables. A random manager shows up and says she will do the interview because of reasons.....LOL! Lost management = Check!

The interview was basic, then she took me on a tour of the store. I have worked retail before and noticed she had an ear piece. Hooked up to a massive battery pack. Their tech being from the 1980's = Check!

The store was a mess and basically it seemed as if they did not want to hire me. At the end they said something like the classic 'don't call us we'll call you'. It was honestly a mistake of mine to take a company even seriously when I have a BETTER HIGHER PAYING JOB ALREADY, AND they got back to me a frigging MONTH LATER! How more out of touch can you be!?

Lesson learned!!!!!!! Never again!!!!!!!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

Had a smooth interview and the expectations were clear of what the job entailed. Management were nice and very inviting. It only took about one business day in order for me to get the offer from HR.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

Pretty normal interview. It's what you' d expect for a retail position. I don' t think I was a good candidate due to not being able to lift heavier items. It seems like an easy interview.

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2019.

Interview

Awesome interview. They hold similar beliefs as I do about management. Very thorough description of what they were looking for. Made good eye contact and felt comfortable with the interviewer. Walked through the stone and described the layout.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

Filled out an application online, called in after submitting mine, then was invited for an interview brought up why I would want to work there. The culture was very warm and I loved the store. I got a call a week or so later with a job offer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

The location I applied to was actively hiring, so I submitted an application online. I was called in for an interview, and was hired on the spot after a thirty-ish minute interview.