Cost Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cost Plus

2.1

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cost Plus in October 2017.

Interview

Manager asked me to tell a few words about my self what is important for this job on my view. All conversation was in a very friendly atmosphere. In common it took about 15 minutes.

Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

The first interview required me to listen to the entire job description and not discuss my resume or job experience. The second interview was with the general manager, a lovely man, but they did not contact me to inform me that I did not get the position despite promising to.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Reno, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied then called and we set up an interview within a week. I showed up before store hours and met my soon to be manager. I got asked some of the common interview questions. Then walked around and got to know a few other employees working at the time.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Corona, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very quick and informative. It was a group interview and was asked the standard questions. It lasted about 30 minutes. Interview questions were read off a sheet of paper.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to handle an upset customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Hilton Head Island, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager is very nonjudgmental and easy to talk to. He has a prepared list of questions regarding previous job experience. It takes a while; once the questions are done, there are a few forms to fill out and some preparatory materials to read. Speak honestly and genuinely; the best and truest answers are the extemporaneous ones.

Interview Questions

• Some examples are, "Can you give an experience of a challenge you had to overcome? What was it, how did you deal with it? What are your strengths? Weaknesses? "   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was actually pretty fast and basic, but it is for stock work. They ask you about yourself and job experience. They also showed me the stock room and gave me a basic explanation of how the job went and discussed the hours. I was interviewed by basically two people at the same time. I'm not exactly sure if they do all of their interviews that way.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with employees or fellow workers not working up to potential?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the early morning stock associate job. It took them about 9 days to call me for an interview. The interview was set for Tuesday at 9 AM (it was Monday when they called so the next day.) I got there at 8:50,the manager unlocked the doors and let me in, we sat down and he asked me to tell him about myself , after that he started telling me all in all what the job intells and if i had any questions to ask him. It was a short, quick & easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself , Do you have any retail experience? and what questions do you have for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cost Plus (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and called within 2 weeks. The interview was interesting to say the least. The interview was one on one and lasted approximately 20 minutes. Very minimal eye contact, interview questions were not printed out and ready. Waited for them to find them, then they proceeded to read the questions. Instead of having an active listener, it seemed they were more intent on keeping their place with the list of questions and reading in advance. Yes, while I talked I could see their eyes reading. There was nothing else on that paper but questions, as I could see what was typed on it.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

Very basic 10 minute interview to verify qualifications. It's a retail job so they will hire almost anyone. No specific skills are required. Just need a willingness to work with customers and deal with retail hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights? Have to be able to climb a ladder to stock and retrieve product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (The Woodlands, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I sat down with another person who was there to be a cashier. The GM came over in about 5 to 10 minutes. after the scheduled time. He asked us the same or similar questions, but also position specific question.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you showed leadership in a past situation?   Answer Question