Cost Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.2

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the early morning stock associate job. It took them about 9 days to call me for an interview. The interview was set for Tuesday at 9 AM (it was Monday when they called so the next day.) I got there at 8:50,the manager unlocked the doors and let me in, we sat down and he asked me to tell him about myself , after that he started telling me all in all what the job intells and if i had any questions to ask him. It was a short, quick & easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself , Do you have any retail experience? and what questions do you have for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within one to two days I got an email informing that they would be holding interviews on two specific days and to call the store and tell a manager what day I am interested in interviewing. About a week later I had my interview, i was asked to fill out an availability sign and date. By the way it went great and then on the next Tuesday which was exactly a week later I got a call offering me the position and they also sent an email with the offer and paper work to fill out and once a background check came out good I was good to go?

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Alameda, CA).

Interview

Quite standard. 30 minute phone interview with HR rep. Invited for in person interview. Lovely environment and people. However was "ghosted" and never heard back after interview. A simple follow up and "No Thank You" goes a long way as your interviewees are most likely your customer.

Interview Questions

• Everything was very standard. Nothing difficult and interviewers were all very candid.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

I had a walk in interview when they were hiring for the Holiday season. I interviewed with the General Manager and the Regional Manager. The questions were reasonable; they were looking for customer service experience and to hire eager employees.

Lead Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cost Plus in July 2017.

Interview

Great interview I wasn't nervous at all the interviewer made me comfortable I answered all the questions with no problem. Shared a few laughs which is always a good sign

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Dulles, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to set up an interview the next day, went to interview three days after that, have not heard back on the status, overall very simple and straight forward

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in retail/sales (the one and only question that was asked)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Saint Charles, IL).

Interview

GM or manager asks a few basic questions about availability and experience, and then they try to get to know you. It can feel intense, but often times you being lax helps them like you and see you as a good future employee.

Interview Questions

• If I (GM) was having a bad day and I lashed out at you...would you be able to confront me later and talk?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was easy - I applied online about a week before I was called in for an interview. I came in and was directed to an office in the back and answered simple questions. It was one on one which was nice. I was told I would expect an email the next day on whether or not I got the job, didn't get one and decided to call three days later and they told me I would get an email that night which I did and I accepted the job.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Englewood, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was brief and to the point. I was called in once to interview with the store manager and contacted within the week that I had been hired.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview where we were all asked behavior questions on how we would be great employees for the holiday season. I think it went really well because holidays are my favorite time of the year and i really love world market products. I could live in the store.

Interview Questions

• What type of worker are you and what is your biggest flaw?   Answer Question