Cost Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cost Plus Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Saint Charles, IL).

Interview

GM or manager asks a few basic questions about availability and experience, and then they try to get to know you. It can feel intense, but often times you being lax helps them like you and see you as a good future employee.

Interview Questions

• If I (GM) was having a bad day and I lashed out at you...would you be able to confront me later and talk?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

I was hired on spot was grand opening and only had 3 weeks what's their shopping and then I talk to the manager asking her if they needed help and she said yes ask me what kind of experience I had I told her sales decorating set up this place and she hired me and told me to come back in 3 days when I did the interview what short fast sign papers and threw me out on the floor to work no training

Interview Questions

• Ask me if you questions if I had experience and that was it   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cost Plus (New York, NY).

Interview

Ha what interview!!! You never hear back and they don't seem to answer e-mails and if you go into the store to apply they tell you to go apply online... Frustrating process!

Freelance Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cost Plus (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was given a "copy test" to see my writing ability for product copy. It was a lot of work but I appreciated having the chance to show what I could do.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to check out the website and write similar product descriptions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

The interview was very simple and pretty relaxed. I interviewed with the store manager, who had just had a very rough week (two full nights of stocking). We got most of the hard or basic questions out of the way real quick, and then went off on a lot of personal questions. Like, "what does customer service mean," and they wanted to know very detailed reasons about why you felt that way. That's what I mean by personal. They mostly talked about the job, the requirements, and their own personal thoughts. Overall I liked it. I haven't been sent the email regarding if I got the job or not, but even if I don't the interview didn't leave me in anyway upset or discouraged. If I get it though, I will accept it.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer to work in teams or as a single individual?   1 Answer
    • Are you fine working multiple positions?   1 Answer
    • Other basic stuff in interviews. Skills, job history, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a flat rate. My building started at 9/hr for all positions. But, they want quality workers and customer representatives. If they feel you're lacking or not suited to the job, they aren't afraid to let you go. This was something addressed to me during my orientation.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Mayfield, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Casual, comfortable. Fairly easy. World Market is a very customer service oriented store and the store manager wants to make sure your personality will fit in with the team.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Plano, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very professional interview. I left feeling very good about the whole interview experience, myself, and the company. The woman who interview me (now my boss) was very open about the types of things this job would require as well as the work environment. She also didn't bend the truth at all, like there haven't been any surprises at my job that I wasn't prepared for. We started off with a group interview and then I had a second interview which was one on one. Both were handled very well and it was an overall great interview experience. It wasn't necessarily an easy interview, there is a level of professionalism there that they want in potential employees so it was still something you need to prepare for, but not stress over.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a variety of customer service scenarios, like what would I do in this type of situation, kind of questions, which I found to be difficult at times because it's not always easy to know what they're looking for.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

I applied online, got called for an in store meeting. Upon arriving at the store the GM met with me and gave me a tour of the store as we chatted and at the end of the tour he asked me when I could start.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Pre screen phone interview. Followed by three interviews, One with district Manager. A second with HR. And a third with district manager and human resources. Went over past experiences and details of former employers job responsibilities

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

Service sales and metrics and there was talk about precious salaries and leading a team along with merchandising skills there was a store walk and had a chance to meet team and layout was understood