Cost Plus Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cost Plus Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, I had completely forgotten I applied and kept looking elsewhere. About a month later I got a call, asking if I was still interested. I said yes and the manager set up an appointment within a day. (I got the call Friday afternoon, appointment was for Sunday morning.)

I looked up some information about the company, and semi prepared myself for questions. On the actual Interview day, I arrived like 10-15 Minutes early. I was browsing the store, and about 10 minutes before my actual appointment time (11:30) I was already seated, in the dining area with customers around (1-3 customers at most, it was not too busy) and it honestly felt more like a conversation then an interview.

The manager was super nice and friendly! We sat next to each other rather than facing 1 on 1, that was a bit unusual but it helped me relax and feel comfortable.She asked 1-2 basic questions "Tell me about yourself" "Why World Market?" and after that she went right into my availability and my school schedule, she explained that I was seasonal and would not get more than 20 hours a week (fine by me I just needed extra $).

Then she explained job duties, and asked if i had any experience. At the end she asked if i had any questions which i did. I asked her how long it would take me to know, if they ere interested in hiring me, and she told me on the spot, as far as she knows, i'm already hired. She said i would however still need to get a call or email making it official, but that she liked me and welcomed me into her World Market Team.

Overall I feel like I over prepared a little (I was practicing some questions) but when I walked in and realized what type of interview it would be, it just made myself feel more prepared and confident! They will love anyone who is happy and great with people!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cost Plus

Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Boise, ID) in October 2010.

Interview

Group interview. We interviewed our fellow applicants and told the two supervisors why that person would be a good fit for the company. Then one of the supervisors rambled on about the company. Then it was sort of over. I got an email a few days later saying "Thanks for accepting our offer of a job" Except no one ever called me to offer me a job. It was weird. The "training" consisted of being paired with a "buddy" who would walk you through your first week. Except of course she kept getting called away to do other things. We sort of learned on our own. To this day, nearly three months after hiring I'm still learning little "rules" and systems that should have been part of the training.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the seasonal salary is the seasonal salary. Period.