Cost Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cost Plus Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.2

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

Service sales and metrics and there was talk about precious salaries and leading a team along with merchandising skills there was a store walk and had a chance to meet team and layout was understood

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was actually pretty fast and basic, but it is for stock work. They ask you about yourself and job experience. They also showed me the stock room and gave me a basic explanation of how the job went and discussed the hours. I was interviewed by basically two people at the same time. I'm not exactly sure if they do all of their interviews that way.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with employees or fellow workers not working up to potential?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy. Right away the manager made us feel comfortable and was very easy to talk to. The questions were for the whole group to answer one by one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a "just browsing" customer   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cost Plus (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

We sat at a table in the store during opening hours for the actual interview. We discussed my employment history, job expectations, pay scale, "what would you do?" in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work afternoon to closing each night?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Hilton Head Island, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager is very nonjudgmental and easy to talk to. He has a prepared list of questions regarding previous job experience. It takes a while; once the questions are done, there are a few forms to fill out and some preparatory materials to read. Speak honestly and genuinely; the best and truest answers are the extemporaneous ones.

Interview Questions

• Some examples are, "Can you give an experience of a challenge you had to overcome? What was it, how did you deal with it? What are your strengths? Weaknesses? "   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cost Plus in September 2016.

Interview

Only one interview. Hired the same day (though not during the interview). Began working within the week. Great company culture. Fairly relaxed uniform rules. I work with a very diverse bunch of people.

Interview Questions

• Given a situation and asked how I would respond. (example: a rude and loud customer).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotion. Base pay of $9/hr.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Newport News, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for one store, then got a call saying that another store had filled their supervisor position, but then asked if we talked about the store supervisor position that I already interviewed for. Now, they just reposted the listing that they told me was filled. Clearly, they lack organization and communication skills. I chose not to continue the process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview

I submitted my application in store and online, and was later called in to interview in person. The questions I was asked were straight forward and the conversation went smoothly. It lasted about 30 minutes and at the end I was told that they would give me a call to set up a time to come in and complete some paperwork. Overall, a very average interviewing process. As long as you prepare answers, you'll be fine!

Interview Questions

• -What do you know about Cost Plus World Market's history?
      -What would your past supervisors say about you?
      -How have you handled a difficult customer in the past?
      -What skills do you believe you could bring to our team if you were hired?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. They called to set up an interview and we interviewed in the dining area. The manager asked me to sell him something and that was probably the most nerve racking part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time that you had to deal with multiple responsibilities at once.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cost Plus (Everett, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Reviewed Qualifications and Resume. Introduced and interacted with other managers i all departments. Discussed their expectations of job performance and requirements. Provided time to address any questions that I had in regards to work environment and benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is your proposed or expected length of employment within the company.   1 Answer