Costco Wholesale Any Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Any Interview Questions

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call asking for an interview after applying online. When I came in, the front end people told me to sit and wait in the food court with the others. My interviewers arrived twenty minutes late. There were two men interviewing me, and most of the questions were standard, easy questions. They told me that it counted as two interviews for some reason, and told me that they would call me. Two days later I came back for a "third" interview, and it was more of the same, and felt like generally made a good impression. No call back, just a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Garden Grove, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

After acquiring the initial interview, the process is done immediately. I'm talking the interview, second interview, and drug screen all takes place right away. The interview process is relatively standard, the only hard part is actually getting the call in. It's a lot easier when you have someone recommend you for a position.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Costco has a 3 step interview process. First, You are called to meet at the warehouse. You usually meet with 2 people at a time, at least one is a manager. One person writes and the other talks. There are set questions they ask. You may receive your second interview immediately after this, depending on availability of the managers. If not, you will receive a call in a few days, and you should call them if you don't. The second interview, step 2, is similar to the first. After that, you come back (or immediately after the second) for a drug screen. After the test results and background check come back, you go for the third and final interview (a meet and greet only) with a senior manager to be welcomed aboard and set up your starting day. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you did something above what was expected for a customer at another job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Store manager and area manager both interviewed me after 3 calls. HR seems very disorganized and rude. Food Court very busy and loud, this is an unsuitable location where they interview you. I was told this location has a lot of issues with management politics. If you have a degree, they won't hire you. Long term employees with high school or an associates, do not want anyone out doing them.

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fife, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview had two managers. They counted this as two interviews, as their process is three interviews. They seemed eager to get people through the door as they had me wait while they had one more manager set up and interview me the third time. I feel they get you in so they can have more people, so the night people don't all have to work 6 days.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which animal would you be   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timnath, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Timnath, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Basically this is an interesting one. I applied multiple times at different locations I was finally only able to get an interview by calling and following up with a hiring manager at the local Timnath Costco location. I came early well prepared for interview and thing was one the older lady was very nice and professional, the other was this young woman that seemed like she wanted to get me out of there as soon as possible and had a stuck up kinda bossy attitude. While they both asked questions the younger one asked and spoke very fast. Overall it was a really short 10 minute interview, two days later all I got was the usual we're sorry thank you for your interest email. I applied online again and followed up with different people including original hiring manager and three different times someone said they would call me and they didnt. Really interesting because I have six years customer service experience and a two year degree. I moved recently and made clear I was looking for a new career even though I would be doing online classes to further my education as my last job turned into sales. I don't know what these people want but lying about calling me more than once and acting like high school is a complete joke. You don't know me after 10 minutes and I have had multiple interviews at other companies but this company won't even give you the time of day. At least another job I was looking for, the HR manager was kind enough to tell me when I followed up with her that there were others with more specific experience for a job I liked so I appreciated her telling me that. Perhaps the company jobs might be changing, either way I won't be applying there again, absolute waste of my time and effort.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a team environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lenexa, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

Costco was interviewing for seasonal employees. I was one of 75 interviewed. Interview took place inside loading dock area. Two Costco employees took turns asking me a total of seven generic questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you confront a fellow employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

They have a sheet of questions and they pick and choose off of it. The questions are very standard and are similar to, "Have you ever had a bad experience with an employee in the past and how did you handle it" and "Why do you want to work here." It was a very informal interview, which was nice. They reviewed my resume and online application and asked a couple questions in regards to it. I then went into a second interview with a higher up who asked a couple of the same questions and asked if I had any, then took me to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What interview preparations did you make before coming here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for any position and got a call the same day for an interview for a seasonal food court position and set up an interview for the following day. There were two guys doing the interviews one read a couple of questions and then they switched. It was very smooth all you have to do is be yourself, be confident in your answers and your experience and you'll be fine. They ended up liking the interview so they say me down with the assistant manager that same day and later got a call and was offered a part time position in the food court. Just waiting to take the drug test now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you where you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it and what was the result.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Costco? Why Costco?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had multiple things to accomplish and how did you remain calm and complete the tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Menomonee Falls, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

The following week after submitting an online application, I got a call to go in for an interview 2 days later.

I was sat down in a small office room and interviewed by 2 people, although only 1 actually conducted the interview. The other simply took notes. It was a fairly quick 10 minute or so interview. The questions were oriented towards how I handled past events with other people. They are very hard questions for people with disabilities or who have a hard time recalling the details of past events.

After the interview they said they'd call me back next week to see if they have a job opening. That was the last time I ever heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you displayed accuracy.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you did something that you later regretted. How would you have handled this situation differently?   Answer Question