Costco Wholesale Baker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Baker Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Greenville, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

I was phoned by the bakery manager to schedule an interview for the next day; when I told him I was unavailable until the following Monday due to other employment obligations, he told me he would call again the next day to work out an interview time. No return call was ever made over the course of five days. By complete luck I showed up exactly on time for my interview that the manager had schedule (and never informed me of) when I went in to follow-up.

I was sat down in the food court area and given an interview with the bakery manager and another associate to oversee the interview. I was asked incredibly generic questions and told to give brief answers - more than once I was cut off mid-response because the hiring manager had 'heard enough to answer the question.' After roughly twenty minutes of playing 20 questions, the interview was over. There was zero conversation about my goals with the company, small talk to get to know me as a person or otherwise - strictly questions read directly off of a sheet of paper. Very impersonal.

I will suggest to anyone looking to get a job at Costco: lie in your interview to make yourself look good. Honesty will not get you hired if you've ever made a mistake, regardless of how you corrected it.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you have made in the past and how did you correct it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chandler, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Two people tag teamed questions. First question was why I had been out of work for so long (sahm). Guy was kinda snarky about it. Was asked a bunch of questions about specific work situations that were very hard for me to answer, having not been employed for 17 years. Was asked "If 2 people ask for help at the same time, who would you help first?" and tell about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker. Tell about a time I dealt with an irate customer. It wasn't enough for me to say how I think I would handle it now, he wanted specific anecdotes.

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Brighton, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Called in for an interview, next day came in for another and was offered two different jobs. After I accepted one they gave me a drug test and it took about 2 weeks for the background check for them to get back to me. The first interview was a 2-on-1. The second was a 1-on-1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, base pay is 11.00 for regular employees

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Commerce, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied and was called back less than a week later. I was asked if I knew anyone in the company, as that is usually the case. I was a rare hire, due to the fact that I knew no one in the company. The managers even seemed confused as to why I was even there without "an in." The actual interview was somewhat standard of retail companies; a list of standard questions with one manager asking and one writing down my responses. Most of the questions were based on team work and how well I work with others to get large projects done. After my interview, I was called back(the next day) to come in and take my drug test and begin the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was: "Why are you more suited for this position than all of the other applicants?"   4 Answers

Negotiation

I was given the company-wide, lowest wage for my position, which was $11.00 USD/hr. I was given part-time status with full benefits and guaranteed 24 hours a week.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Bakery and Deli manager sat me down and asked various questions from food safety, customer service, and different scenarios. Once the Q and A were finished, an offer was made by the bakery manager. Explained Costco's vision, policies and opportunities. Directed me to attend the orientation that was held the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer