Costco Wholesale Bakery Wrapper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Merrillville, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

1st interview will be your actually manager 2nd interview 2 higher managers and third drug test month swabs most likely. Usually if you don't get a second interview you won't be hired most likely. If the need a seasonal worker take it if you can because mostly likely they will keep you.

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation we're you had to help a angry customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (La Mesa, CA).

Interview

Got interview almost 2 months after applied. Was called for seasonal position, not for what I applied. Two women interviewers, but not private. In a "break room" with 2 other employees. I was very up front & told them I was not going to be available a certain time frame (4 days) at the beginning of November. One interviewer was very "put off" by this. She said, "Well, not sure how that's gonna go, but we'll see." She continued with the interview questions, but I honestly felt she had already made her decision about me. She told me that the position was anywhere from 0-40 hours a week (that's not too ambiguous)& was mainly collecting carts, restocking & merchandising. When I asked her about the position I applied for, she said "maybe, but probably not-unless you want to work overnight." I asked about the chance of being hired permanently after the holidays and she said, "None-we promote from within-very rarely hire on seasonal employees. You have to start at the bottom." Entire interview took about 10 minutes. Got the "thanks but, no thanks" e-mail the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Tustin, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very fast. they said this one interview counted as two. It was very smooth and i thought it went very well. They were really nice and mostly asked questions like "what would you do if?"

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at costco   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Rohnert Park, CA).

Interview

Applied online, received a call, interviewed a week later, second interview, offered job! Dress professional. Doesn't matter if you're applying for the food court, it can make or break you! Smile and be honest with your experience.

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online and waited two weeks. then called the following two Mondays. Both times I left my name and number with whoever answered the phone. A hour or so after I called the second time I received a call for an interview for the position of bakery wrapper for that Wednesday. When I got there a guy at the door told me to sit in the food court near a coffee machine that wasn't there. Lol. After waiting 20 mins I asked a worker if I was sitting in the right area. They told me I was and that the assistant gm was pretty busy. Anywho when she finally came she took me to a small room and I was interviewed by two women one wrote down my answers the other asked the questions off a sheet (this counted as 2 interviews). They asked situational questions about working in a team or disagreements with previous coworkers and how to handle it etc. Afterward one of them told me that she had to give my answers to her boss and that her people would call my people type thing. So at that point I thought I didn't get the job.

So I walked outside to wait for my ride. Moments later the lady that interviewed me told me he boss wanted to interview me because they thought I answered the questions so well. She only asked me two questions : tell me about yourself and whats your availability. Then she said I would need to take a drug test on site and to come back later for that and if I tested negative that they would then do a background check. Monday they called to offer me a position and told me how much I'd make hourly. I accepted and then came in Wednesday for paid 4 hr orientation and I started work the next day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational. Name a time when you had to work in a team. Etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation the starting rate was great so there was no need

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Interview

I had to apply two times (6 months apart) the first time I applied for the meat department, the second time I applied for "any" position, I received a call the next day, for an interview on a seasonal position, starting in October, working in the bakery, four to five days a week.

Interview Questions

• There was a list of 25 questions, one was, "how did you prepare for this interview"   Answer Question

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Interview

Online Application and if selected they will scheduled you for an interview interview, if you passmthe first interview the schedule you for second interview if hired and pass a background check and a drug test

Interview Questions

• Common sense questions about customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone starts at 11.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview itself was fairly standard. During my interview, I had two people interviewing me together, one I believe was the hiring manager while the other was a store manager. They asked me several questions regarding handling customers, how to effectively deal with the swathes of people in costco. They don't really go over the specifics of any particular job title or duties in the interview either, so they're pretty simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately it i so far back I cannot recall. I can state that they were not very difficult. I'd say perhaps the most difficult would have been one concerning how one would deal with having multiple people asking for assistance at once.   Answer Question

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was conducted by two supervisors/managers in the Costco restaurant (Resto), very general questions, relaxed atmosphere. Took less than an hour. Each question was selected from a piece of paper the supervisors had on hand, and as I answered each question they would record my answers. I then had a meeting with a higher-up and was given an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond the job requirements.   Answer Question

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly long interview, behavioural based questions on how you handle situations. I applied online, and had two interviews at Costco following my online application. Interviewers were very nice and just put little checkmarks beside the questions I answered. The last interview was just the interviewer asking about my education and past job history… Basically just getting to know me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had with a co-worker and how you solved it   Answer Question