Costco Wholesale Cart Pusher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Cart Pusher Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Euclid, OH).

Interview

Sat in the food court and asked questions related to your current job. I was interviewed by 2 employees. They read off a paper of questions. Just be yourself and don't be nervous and you'll get the job!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

3 Interviews, initially signed up for a finance related position then was was offered a cart pusher position in the third interview. The interview process itself wasnt bad just didnt appreciate the bait and switch.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the greatest achievements in your professional life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Honolulu, HI) in March 2016.

Interview

Very arrogant manager made me feel uncomfortable from the beginning. I have lots of related grocery experience working as a cashier, service center clerk, etc and I could tell I Wasnt getting hired the moment i sat down. I must be fugly as heck.

Interview Questions

• have you ever earned any recognition for your achievements   1 Answer

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2015.

Interview

I got a call and was told the interview would be on Monday. I came in to find out the managers were in a meeting and I may wait for more than an hour, I found it very odd but I waited. An assistant manager got to me and told me the interview was on Sunday and that I made a very bad first impression, I told him I know what I was told but he refused to believe it because "They would never say you have an interview on Monday we have meetings then" or something along those lines. Incredibly bad logic for why the wrong word can't come out of someone's mouth. He said if I wanted I can interview with someone anyway so of course I did. Not surprising I didn't get an offer

Lesson learned, when scheduling interviews confirm dates.

Costco: I've applied at many retail stores and most of them have sent me email confirmations for interviews. I would appreciate a system where I actually have documentation for these sorts of things. I understand this is an isolated incident and doesn't happen that often but job seekers are generally applying at multiple locations so email confirmations for interviews are useful anyway.

Interview Questions

• Generally just "are you ok with this, that" and "I have this question about your experience" sort of things. Two people there so it apparently counted as two interviews even though only one talked.   Answer Question

Cart Pushers Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview

Was called 2 weeks after I applied to come in for an interview, then was called in a week later for 3rd interview, then was offered position, and was given drug test, and had too wait three days for background check to clear

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Filled out an application online and they called back within three days. They scheduled an interview for the following week. The interview was in a room next to the break room. Two employees asked me typical situation questions. They then asked if I had time to do one last interview with the manager, so I agreed. She ultimately just asked about my life and what I like to do in my spare time, nothing more. I took a drug test on the spot and was told they would call if I got the job. They called two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when there was an issue that you had to take the blame for?   Answer Question

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

They will ask standard interview questions. Just be honest and know what Costco does. It is not Sam's Club.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever handled multiple customers at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Every one starts at $11.50/hr

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Huntsville, AL) in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic question, nothing to challenging, general questions on your previous jobs. Also some questions on how you would perform in situations where customers were unhappy or angry at you. The whole interview doesn't take too long, it is a very short process and they let you know wether you will be receiving the drug test the same day.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of when you had to adapt to a situation.
      How many days have you missed of work.
      Simple questions.
      Answer Question

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

This is what you usually start out as(cart pusher), either this or at the bakery. for 11/hr I don't think there is time to complain.

This was my first interview so in my ass it was tough. If you done them before it should be a piece of cake.

They have a set of questions like 8 parts and 4 within each part. so they will pick one from each that is why you never know which one they will ask.
    I don't remember all of them but these are the ones they asked me.

of course the classic "Tell me about yourself"

"Name a time where you used a team to accomplish something."
    "Name time where you volunteered for something."
    "Can you tell me about the time you had to deal with a difficult customer?"
    "What is one mistake you had, and had to learn responsibility for it"
    "When it comes to safety, name a time when you knew you had to be safe about something and did it"

Since it was cold, and it will be hot they will ask you if you think you can handle it. I think it is common sense what to say there.

Interview Questions

• They are all just think of a time and name a time..Like I said all Costco's are different so they might have a different set of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was tough because they had 2 positions and 6 more interviewers. So make sure you do it all you can. I had an advantage since i am Bilingual.

Anonymous Employee in Bedford Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Bedford Park, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

An interview was scheduled. Typical questions pertaining to work ethic and expectations are discussed. It lasted about an hour. It was all handled very professionally and everything felt like a perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when I had to deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer