Costco Wholesale Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, straight forward questions. A day later they called me in for an interview which was set for a few days after. I dressed business casual, I was actually VERY nervous. I was interviewed by 2 nice men. Interview lasted about 15-20 min (they called it phase 1 & 2). After the interview they scheduled me for the third/ second interview with the AGM and human resources lady. They asked me more about myself . It was honestly way more casual than the 1st. They also asked me about school, what I wanted to study, what I saw myself doing in the next 5 years and during the time between that. And then proceeded to ask me if I was okay with being cashier assistant, I said yes. And then asked me if I had any questions. Afterwards they did tell me that they were offering me a job, however didn't specify if as a Cashier or Cashier Assistant . And told me that I would be contacted for a drug test and then orientation.

Advice: Do your research, try to come up with answers ahead of time in case you get real nervous and your mind goes blank . Be positive, let them know you want the job, and just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What's it like working at your current job?   1 Answer
  • How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer
  • How did you handle a disagreement with a manager?   1 Answer
  • Have you ever worked with a lazy coworker and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
  • Have you ever been recognized or praised at your Job and why ?   1 Answer
  • How did you handle a hectic situation and how did you feel ? (something like that)   1 Answer
  • Have you ever done community service, if so, tell about your experience.   1 Answer
  • Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
  • where you part of any extracurriculars or sports ?   1 Answer
  • How did you hear about us ?   1 Answer
  • What do you see yourself doing in 5 years ?   1 Answer
  • What do you see yourself doing in the meantime?   1 Answer
  • What does your availability look like ?   1 Answer
  • How do you think you would work in a hectic environment since our stores do get busy ?   1 Answer
  • Are you available weekends ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2017.

Interview

In and out quickly, did not ask any real questions of substance and seemed annoyed to be there. though i received an offer, I did not accept because of the lack of professionalism

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

I had an interview they liked my resume they asked me if I would take a screen test and I said yes so now I'm waiting to see if I get hired ...

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for costco   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online, and checked up in-person at the store. Got called in for an interview shortly after. Got called into the office and was interviewed by two people. They asked me the basic questions. Being my first interview I screwed them up and did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewers did not understand the complexity of my previous work experience. I was looking for a second job & there seemed to be some miscommunication with regards to hours available. They did not state clear job hours for the job duties nor did they have professional human resources employees performing the interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I'd handle a situation with a couple worker   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Flemington, NJ).

Interview

Completed basic phone interview in which detailed the possible working hours, vacation eligibility and pay rate. Second interview consisted of routine questions regarding customer service experience, dealing with difficult situations and work ethic. Third interview was the quickest next to the phone interview and focused on my willingness to grow with the company. That resulted in a drug and alcohol test on the spot. As I was told, the call to set up orientation was exactly 5 business days from the final interview. The managers were upfront with expectations and I didn't feel I was surprised by anything except that the orientation was expected 3 days after the call. This is difficult when you are currently working. But the company representative said they would call me the following week to set up orientation on the next available date. Currently waiting on that call.

Interview Questions

• Explain when you did something incorrectly at work and how did you handle it? Explain a time when you had to handle several situations under pressure at work. If you saw or heard an employee not conducting themselves in a professional manner, how would you handle the situation? Why did you choose to apply to Costco?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Unlike most reviews, mine was all done the same day! Like most reviews stated, the initial interview was with 2 managers, then after that they told me I would interview with the hiring manager. After a brief interview, he offered me the position and took me over to do the drug test (cotton swab). Very straight forward, very professional and interviewers were very nice!

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would be relevant here at Costco?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations as new hires come in at pretty much the same rate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2016.

Interview

I have 7 years of experience of being an cashier. I'm fast and quick learner. I give excellent customer service. I always leave my post clean and neat. I always help others case in if then are stuck.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

I had two interviews both on the spot. The interview was fairly easy they were both held in the main food court at the time. I applied online before the holiday season and was hired on permanently.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (El Paso, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed directly by the warehouse manager for a new location. There was an incredibly long line of applicants. I walked past the entire line and shook the hand of the first Official Looking Costco Person I found, whom turned out to be the general manager. He later told me he liked my direct attention.

Interview Questions

• Situational scenarios, "If this happen, what would you do?" type of questions.   1 Answer