Costco Wholesale Front End Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.4

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fountain Valley, CA).

Interview

Applied on line. Got a call the same day for phone interview and follow up for a in person interview. The the in person interview was with two general manager. Standard question of why do you want to work at Costco. Got a call later for a second interview with senior manager and asked similar questions. Few days later job was offered and orientation was set up.

Interview Questions

• What would you improve at Costco.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Three interviews over 2-3 weeks. Telephone interview, in person interview with two people with a set list of questions they ask everyone, then if they like you a third simple interview with the store director. If they hire you on you're required to do a urine drug test and a background check. Everything took two weeks to come back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did something you shouldn't have and when you looked back on it you should have handled it a different way.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to be precise   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

They do an interview to screen applicants and then a second interview basically to tell you you're hired. You then go in to sign for an employee contract and take a drug test. After they come back clear you go in for a 4 hour orientation with the option to go home after or work some extra hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you and a coworker disagree?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chico, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

the hiring process was long. It was made up of three different interview as well as submitting an online applications. I was first interviewed by two supervisors. had to complete a background check and drug test

Interview Questions

• past experience
      why i would be a good fit at that job
      what sets me apart form other candidates   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sun Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sun Prairie, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. You sit down with a supervisor while they ask you questions from a list. Answer them honestly and enthusiastically. After that they have you speak with the store manager and offer you the job if everything goes well. Then you take a drug test on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online, been applying there for years!! Then i met a friend who used to work at costco then she has connections inside, so she hooked me up. First i terview was with a manager and a supervisor, they asked me simultaneously. Most questions are bahavioural customer service. Second interview was with the general manager. Pretty easy questions. "What is customer service for you?"

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of good customer service?
      Why costco?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Southlake, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Usually interviewed by at least two managers. Sit up straight and be confident. If they call you in for a second interview usually you get the job. If you get called in for second interview on same day, you're basically hired. Drug test given.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in your life where you had to step up to make an important decision.   1 Answer

Front End Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2016.

Interview

I have been applying to costco for 6 years cause I've heard so many ggod things. So i tried applying agian and i actually got a call back the same day and was asked to come in the next day. So standard behavioral interview. After that they seemed incredibly impressed ( i have 10 years retail experience so im way over qualified). They said they would be in touch for a 2nd interview, i got called back for a 2nd interview and did that and said i would hear back with a job offer or they would send a letter in the mail daying i wasnt accepted. Well its been 4 weeks since my 2nd interview i haven't got a call or letter in the mail. I called and they had no answer so it is very unprofessional of costco to make me go through this and not have an answer after 5 weeks. At this point i know i didn't get the job,but at least be courteous and let somebody know away instead of making them wait on glass

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or situation   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

There is a first interview, if you make it theres a second interview asking general customer service questions. if you re hird you hen sumbit to drug test and back ground check

Interview Questions

• what would you do if, tis happened? how would you hndle this situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call about a day or two later asking if I'd like to schedule an interview, which I did. I arrived ahead of time and was directed by other employees to the conference/storage room at the back of the store. Two managers met with me, reviewed my application, and then begin to ask me a series of questions relating to prior education or experiences and how I dealt with them. It was relatively short, lasting about 10-15 minutes. I was told that they would inform me on the next steps of the hiring process, whether I was hired or not. During the interview, they seemed to want to dissuade me by throwing in that I would be expected to work long, irregular hours, and that I would be expected to do other duties including cleaning bathrooms and cart pushing. I did not object, in order to show willingness to work.

However, about barely two hours after the interview, I received an email that I was not chosen to be hired or continue on in the hiring process. It seemed way too soon to be rejected, as I felt the interview went smoothly; they probably had someone else in mind to hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been recognized for your work in the past?   Answer Question
    • Can you work well in both in a team and as an individual?   Answer Question
    • Name and describe one time you had to take on a large project and how you were able to accomplish it.   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to take on a variety of tasks as needed, such as: pushing carts, working in grocery, stocking, cleaning bathrooms, and working longer, irregular hours often with little to no notice?   Answer Question