Costco Wholesale Front End Cashier Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Front End Cashier Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Costco Wholesale

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Riverhead, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Well my store was new so they quickly hired in me in one day to get the staff ready for the grand opening. The usually have three interviews. the first being on the phone, the next is in person at the warehouse and the last again is at the warehouse

Interview Questions

• Describe how you overcame an issue while working in a group?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard cookie cutter interview questions. Had me wait in the break room for 15min. Then a manager came out and walked me back to conference room in admin office. Two managers came in together and took turns asking me basic interview questions. After they finished with their questions, they had me to wait in conference room for 5 min. Then Assistant Store Manager came in and asked me some more questions. When he was finished, he offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Costco?
      Q: If you had a problem with a co-worker, what would you do?
      Q: Tell us a situation in a previous job when you had to problem solve?
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Livermore, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application then the next day I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview process was very comfortable and nothing too intense. You sit down with two interviewers (managers) one of them writes down while the other asks questions. The same day I had my first two interviews I was called back for a third interview as I was leaving the parking lot. That very same evening I interviewed with the AGM. Within a week I was hired. Dressing professionally really does make you look like you want The Job. It does not matter what position you are applying for, dress to impress! The two gals I interviewed with were great! Very friendly and relaxed. Overall, the process was painless and with the right attitude Costco will be a great place for you!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Costco?   4 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, everyone starts at 11.50

Front End/Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Wheaton, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Simple and easy. About 5 situational questions. Can't remember exactly what the questions were. I was very nervous prior to the interview but the questions were very easy and I enjoyed the job but couldn't work the whole seasonal time due to personal reasons. Very fun, socialized a lot with full time employees. Great work environment!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a slow employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be Your self! Easy and quick interview. There was no second and third interview. Drug test and background!

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Westbury, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online every few months (with no response, but kept trying) and finally got called in for an interview.

Assistant GM and one other person sat in for interviewing session, with only the GM asking questions while other person took notes. Both very nice, and overall it was a pleasant experience.

Got hired and took drug test right there. Was told they had to do background check, which would probably take a week, I'm guessing. Then next step would be to called in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken responsibility for something that had negative outcome? (Words to that effect.)   1 Answer
    • What job position can you see yourself filling here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, as it's an entry level job. I was just happy to be hired, as I love COSTCO, and have been a member there since 1991.