Costco Wholesale Front End Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Two managers interviewed me. They were very friendly and welcoming. They wanted to get to know me, and wanted to see what my availability was considering Costco is very busy and need people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on line had initial interview and was told I would be called for another interview but they did not know exactly when. I waited a week then called to follow up with person that interviewed me I had to call back because they were in a meeting . I called back later and they were at lunch. The person that answered the phone offered to take a message this time I left my name and number but did not hear anything back from them. I do not know if I am still in the running but this is certainly not a good so I will keep on looking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Hayward, CA).

Interview

The interview were easy. I went in the first date, they postponed.. they asked me to come again..
    The managers seem agree with the answers I gave but unfortunately, they don't hire me as I thought. Maybe my availability is my weakness.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. What do you do in your previous job?
      3. What is your definition of sense of urgency?
      4. Why do you want to work at Costco?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Silverdale, WA).

Interview

Lengthy. You go through three interviews one with 2 people then a one on one a day later if you make it past the first set of people. Then the drug test and back round check after that its then orientation and your start date.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you wish you could have felt with a situation better   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was brief and not an overtly long process. I was emailed to come in for an interview. It went on for about 10 minutes asking general questions related to customer service. The interview process overall was professional and none of the questions were too surprising or difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Maple Grove, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a day later got a call to come in for the interview. The interview was with the manager and a supervisor in the food court. They asked about 10 questions about, and they were all behavioral questions. The next day I got called to come in for a second interview, this interview was even easier than the first one. The second interview was with a different supervisor, it was basically just to meet me and get to know me. After that they make you go and take a drug test, once you pass the drug test you can begin training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wish you would've handled a situation differently.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a person you are working with that is lazy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Kenosha, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Received phone call to come in for a phone interview. Arrived for the initial interview aprox. 15 minutes
    early and was seen right away by the Interviewer. It was a rather stiff and formal introduction with a "soft" handshake from the interviewer. I can't stand that! Aprox. 5-6 questions mostly the
    "tough"behaviorable ones! Interviewer was friendly and the interview lasted less than 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a Co-worker. What was the conflict and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Maplewood, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

I've searched Costco wholesale and interview processes and had read that the first interview was a phone interview. Costco had called me about 2-3 weeks after I submitted an application online. They were hiring for seasonal employees at the time. The call wasn't an interview before. The lady explained to me they were hiring seasonals and they reviewed my application and asked me if I would like to come in for an in-person interview. I said yes, scheduled it and awaited my interview date.
    I went in for my interview. I told the person in the front door and they directed me to the food area and told me that the interviewer would be with me in just a little bit. She told me to go sit at the first table by the ice machine..... There was no ice machine. There was a pop machine. I sat right next to the food area for about 5-10 minutes, then decided to switch to the other end which was by the tires. A man walked by about 3 minutes later asking if I was here for an interview. I said yes and he said that he'll be with me in a few minutes. (He was probably a lead or a supervisor.)
    He came back with the lady that I had spoken to on the phone (I'm not sure if she was a lead, supervisor or just an HR employee). They sat down and explained what they're expecting from me as far as answers go (they want experience related answers, not what-would-you-do answers). The man told me that if he stops me, it means that he's got his answer and that they'll move to the next question. His demeanor was very "let's get this done and over with." The woman didn't seem too interested. She was writing down my answers and sometimes looked at me blankly. They told me they have a bunch of interviews lined up and so maybe that's why they seemed to be so nonchalant.

My total time there was probably about 30 minutes, and the interview was probably only 5-10 minutes tops. They called me back to schedule a second interview. I scheduled a time with them.
    After giving it 2-3 days thought, I became disinterested in the position due to the interviewers' demeanor. I called them back the day of the interview and said that I was no longer able to take the job. The same lady nonchalantly said "okay", said her bye and then hung up.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember the questions, but I was asked a lot of"
      Please tell me a time when you....
      The only question I probably remember is "Please tell me a time when you made a mistake and you had to accept the consequences" or something like that.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (El Paso, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Quick. Painless. Simply basic questions. If they like you, you take a drug test right after. That's when you know you are in. They make you wait in the break room, and call you to have an interview with two managers. Then you talk to the GM, if he likes you, you are in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Costco?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Columbus, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors for the first interview, once I got a call back for a second interview I met with the assistant manager. He actually had me immediately interview with the general manager and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle difficult or upset customers?   1 Answer