Costco Wholesale Front End Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Wilmington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was a 3 interview process. I managed to get through all 3 in the same day. I spoke to what i believe was an hr person, the assistant manager, and finally the manager. All interviewers were friendly and informative. The first two interviews were back to back and took roughly 20 minutes each, and the last interview only took a few minutes as i believe they had already made their decision. They were highly informative about what the job would entail the benefits involved, and were willing to find the best place for me to go as a college student.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
    If you were hired today, what could you contribute to costco?
    Have you ever worked in a place where the schedule could be erratic?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted via phone several weeks later for a interview. Completed first round with two mangers, got called back for a interview with the store manager. After the final interview, did a instant mouth swan drug test, and submitted information for a background check.

First interview was the hardest for sure, asked the most questions, though they seemed to be a list of questions the managers chose from.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you has conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and called the next day to inquire about open positions. I was told to call back the following Monday and speak to the front end manager. I did so and he asked me to come in that day for an interview. The interview took about 20 minutes. Typical customer service interview questions, nothing unusual. If you have previous customer service or retail experience, you shouldn't have any problems with the interview process. The front end manager that interviewed me said he would offer me the job right there but he thought the merchandising/stocking manager might like to speak with me as my most recent experience was with support in a retail setting. He said if I don't hear from her in a week to give him a call back and he'd make me an offer. Overall a good interview experience!

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time that you needed to work with a sense of urgency and how did you handle it?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time that you had to change your shift or schedule at the last minute and how did you handle it?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Nothing negotiated yet. Waiting to hear from the merchandising/stocking manager before the front end manager makes me an official offer. But I was told I'd definitely have a position within the store.

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Orland Park, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Filling an application online I have to admit was a little confusing, but once I found out how to do it, I must have applied half a dozen times over the course of a year. When I finally got a call, I went in for the first interview for a position in the meat department since they noticed that I had "kitchen help" on my resume'. Since it wasn't the type of experience they were expecting, I was not hired for that position, but thankfully they took a liking to me and called me back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was basically to tell me that I got the job as long as everything checked out (drug test, citizenship, etc.)

Interview Questions

• The interview did not include any difficult or unexpected questions. It was very straight forward, simple and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, I started at the base rate.

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Leesburg, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied and took a personality test and heard back within a few weeks I believe. First in the interview process was a 1 on 1 interview with the front end manager. Pretty standard issue interview consisting of questions about value and morality followed by role play instances of situations which would put you in some sort internal moral conflict (pick the good guy route, always works)

Interview Questions

• If you found 50 dollars outside of Costco and no one was around what would you do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unless your rolling into Costco with a bachelors degree or some form of serious credentials your 90% of the time going to have to start from the bottom and work your way up. (They are very big on inner-workplace promotions)

Front-end Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

The process was great and really laid back. People were quite nice and had great things to say of my resume and demeanor. I really look forward to growing with the company and receiving such great benefits. Overall I'd say that this particular warehouse is very friendly and has alot of business pass thru the doors on a daily basis, which only proves that hours are available.

Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

They called, I went in to interview the next day. Interview went well, asked mainly about previous work experiences. Met with two managers that have worked there for awhile. Very friendly. The interview went well.