Costco Wholesale Front End Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Montclair, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process is held with several people who are all in management level and they ask a series of questions. They ask about past experiences and how you deal with different situations.

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation where you had to deal with a difficult member and the way you handle this.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 managers did the interview. They asked many questions. Wanted to know my work history, asked me what was my most difficult challenge in working for Costco. How to handle a difficult member, the importance of Costco being member store ready, my strengths and weeknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, be prepared to know sales numbers and membership information. If you are willing to transfer, there are many opportunities.
    If you are looking to transfer out of state or to different region it could be a challenge. Be assertive.

Interview Questions

• Percent of member that are executive.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall interview process was easy. They contacted me for an interview several days after i applied for the position. As most interviews involve two managers, this particular interview was the front end manager only.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 rights of merchandising?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Orem, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

everyone who applies for a position will get an interview. If you are not to far away they will want you to come in. There is always 2 people interviewing you. One will ask questions, one will write down responses. Sometimes the interview is in a busy loud space, and can be very distracting.

Interview Questions

• What changes would you make to this department (without working in the department, or knowing what changes need to be made)   1 Answer

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Three in person interviews. The last was with upper management. I was applying to be a cashier but they saw my previous supervisor experience. And pushed me to apply for their Front End Supervisor job. I had to learn the cash register and all the policies before I started. Sink or swim. This was a new store opening.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? How do you communicate effectively?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more than I was expecting.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2011.

Interview

Have not interviewed for a long time...they used the rothman interview, for which I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions

• have I ever made a comprimise for myself, or a member, or anything in genera   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2011.

Interview

when getting promoted i feel like management picks those they know cause some of the management doesn't deserve their jobs

Interview Questions

• your really busy what do you do   1 Answer

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2011.

Interview

I had a the first two interviews after 3 weeks of waiting to get an interview and then another week went by and a got a third interview. However I was not offered the job but the two positions were given to a transfer employee and the other one went to another individual who went through the SIT program just before myself. I was really discouraged by the way the third interview went.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with an unproductive teamate   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2009.

Interview

Costco uses the same set of behavior based questions for internal or external applicants, like "tell me about a time that you demonstrated excellent member service" or "give me an example of a time you resolved a conflict." Be prepared to tell of specific experiences as they often "drill down" by asking follow-up questions about specific details. Costco rarely hires supervisors or managers from outside, so be prepared to start at the bottom regardless of your education and background. Also, union locations promote based on seniority so avoid them if you intend to move up quickly. Pick a thriving market with frequent warehouse openings for the best opportunities. Also, be willing to do any job and have open availability to get your foot in the door. The high volume of applicants compared to hiring needs makes them reluctant to hire anyone with availability issues.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation typically for hourly employees (set pay scale.) Some negotiation possible at management level, but rare to hire managers from outside.