Costco Wholesale Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Intern Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

The job posting was very misleading as I was told that I was applying for a marketing intern position. Instead, they took me on a tour of all the sampling tables and told me that I would be a distribution rep for Costco's products.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience regarding sales?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty informal, as I was recommended from another university. I was basically asked enough questions for them to figure out I knew what I was talking about. Afterwards, we talked about what kind of projects they'd like to see, and what I think would work best for their goals.

The hiring process was also fairly straightforward. Costco has a handful of different buildings, so I got confused and ended up at the wrong one when I needed to go in for hiring paperwork - they were very helpful and kind when instructing me where to go. They do have a pretty strict drug test, although I'm not sure if they had a problem with smoking weed at home, as long as it didn't come into work, I think they did.

Finally, about Costco itself: Everyone is very friendly and cordial to each other. I was greeted in the hallways quite frequently, by people I had little or no recollection of. There's always pleasant small talk to be had while waiting for a shuttle or in the break room.

There seemed to be a lot of unwritten rules? My manager kept me on a pretty short leash as far as talking to other people went, but that could just be my personal experience.

The dress code is too stuffy for me, though. It's definitely "business", not "business casual".

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was figuring out a project that would suit Costco's needs, mostly because it was hard to figure out what they wanted. I do think I eventually figured something out that worked, though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, I didn't really feel like I was in a position to negotiate. But I did feel like I got a reasonable deal out of it, especially for an internship position (paid a reasonable amount, $12/hour).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with assistant manager on college campus. Then you can get invited back to interview with the warehouse manager. Pretty laid back, but that is probably just indicative of the manager personalities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with a superior and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2011.

Interview

I had my first interview with Costco last week for its internship program. I got a call the other day saying that I had moved on to the last and final round. My advice, is to just be prepared to draw on personal experiences of you working to overcome problems by yourself and in group projects. Do your homework, impress them with what you already know about the company. Smile, be confident and you'll do just fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time where you were faced with an ethical decision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Interview

Online App, 1st interview with managers, 2nd interview with asst. warehouse managers, final interview with general manager

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a manager, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you encountered an angry customer, and describe how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation