Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.7

Membership Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later to schedule an interview. I was told that I had passed the intial online screening so my first in-store interview was considered a second interview. I went to the location for my interview and waited in the break room for about 30 minutes before someone came to get me. Two employees are required to be present during the interview. The interview was basic, customer service questions.

After the interview I received a call the same day letting me know to expect another call to set up a third interview with the General Manager. I waited a few days and after not hearing anything I called the store but was unable to get in contact with the employee who did my interview. I called back three times and finally spoke to an employee who said they were trying to see when the GM would be available to do interviews. It has been over a month and I never heard from anyone.

Identity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

They rescheduled my interview mere hours before it was scheduled, so it wasn't surprising that I missed the email that went out. My phone doesn't bother notifying me on emails sent to the junk folder. This led to a rather awkward situation with me sitting in the lobby for a half hour before someone comes out to give me a quintessential interview whereby the interviewer wasn't prepared. Still, I answered a few questions before I left. The HR recruiter then re-scheduled a time to re-do the interview. A few days later, I got another email saying they were going a different direction because they were looking for someone who had a longer term outlook, and asked me if I was really interested in a short term contract. Huh? Did the interviewer mix up his notes and confuse me with someone else? I was with my last company for nearly 10 years. On the surface, I was a spot on match for the position. Now I think I dodged a bullet given how the interview process worked.

Interview Questions

• Name the OAuth grant types. How do you explain DNS to your grandmother? What was the most challenging project you have worked on? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New Orleans, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very comfortable, mostly reviewing my last job duties. Asked if I had researched the company, which I did. They asked questions on how I would handle an unsatisfied customer, or how I would correct employees who weren't doing their job.

Interview Questions

• Did I research the company.   1 Answer

Any Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Oxnard, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two very polite managers interviewed me in a classroom area. Reading off a list of questions, I was asked about 6 or 7 things; they also explained what it was like to work there and what I could expect if hired. I am currently waiting to hear back...or not.

Interview Questions

• what would your last employer say about you if we contacted them?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on line had initial interview and was told I would be called for another interview but they did not know exactly when. I waited a week then called to follow up with person that interviewed me I had to call back because they were in a meeting . I called back later and they were at lunch. The person that answered the phone offered to take a message this time I left my name and number but did not hear anything back from them. I do not know if I am still in the running but this is certainly not a good so I will keep on looking.

Cart Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I showed up about 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time. Was told to wait in the food court. Waited more than an hour past the scheduled time before I was called over to the area to do the interview with the manager. I did very well in the interview, and had a great feeling about working there. Two weeks later... they send me an e-mail saying I haven't been selected. No further explanation. Really disappointed with this company and wouldn't recommend putting the effort into it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you've had at a job.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call asking for an interview after applying online. When I came in, the front end people told me to sit and wait in the food court with the others. My interviewers arrived twenty minutes late. There were two men interviewing me, and most of the questions were standard, easy questions. They told me that it counted as two interviews for some reason, and told me that they would call me. Two days later I came back for a "third" interview, and it was more of the same, and felt like generally made a good impression. No call back, just a rejection email.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Hayward, CA).

Interview

The interview were easy. I went in the first date, they postponed.. they asked me to come again..
    The managers seem agree with the answers I gave but unfortunately, they don't hire me as I thought. Maybe my availability is my weakness.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. What do you do in your previous job?
      3. What is your definition of sense of urgency?
      4. Why do you want to work at Costco?
      1 Answer

Checker Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was very quick, in fact I got the impression they already had someone in mind but had to do the required amount of interviews which was frustrating. Two employees in the interview but only one asked questions, the other just stared at the floor (wtf?). Not gonna lie it was a little awkward.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

I had an interview they liked my resume they asked me if I would take a screen test and I said yes so now I'm waiting to see if I get hired ...

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for costco   1 Answer