Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.5

976 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
      o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
      o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
      o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
      o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
      o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
      o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
      o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
      o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
      o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
      o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
      o How do you define great customer service?
      o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
      o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
      o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
      o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
      o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
      o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
      o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
      o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
      o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
      o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
      o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
      o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
      o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
      o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
      o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
      o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
      o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
      o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
      o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
      o Describe how you manage your time.
      o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
      o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
      o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
      o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.   3 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warminster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Warminster, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple and straightforward. 2 supervisors asked me a series or scripted questions, looking for specific responses. It was about a half hour long and they provided time for me to ask any questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a dispute with a coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Santee, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

After 2 months I received a call for a interview. I went to my first interview and now waiting on the 2nd
    The interview was in the managers office with 2 people present. They asked about me then asked why I wanted to work for Costco. It was pretty quick

Interview Questions

• Do I get along well with others   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

Very basic, they want to know how you feel about customer service and how you've handled difficult co workers or customers. Once you apply and they call you for an interview that means you passed the "1st" interview. As soon as you pass the 2nd interview and they call you in for a 3rd you basically got hired. As long as you pass the background and drug test.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Two young men were interviewers. One was nice and the other wore a smirk on his face and acted bored. The interview was standard behavior based questions except for a few.

Interview Questions

• The said, "you probably would not want to work as a stocker would you, since that involves lifting?"   1 Answer

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Okay so first I applied online (mind you I had a employee referral) and a few days later I got called in for an interview that SAME day. That first interview was with a supervisor and two other employees, honestly the supervisor was just asking the questions. I would say overall that first interview was about 15 minutes, which I thought was short and I felt I did horrible oh and they told me I would get a call in two weeks to let me know if I got the job or not. So a week later from that initial interview I got a call for a second interview the next day in the morning. This time it was just the general manager in the office and just asked about my availability and what my former manager would tell him about me. And he just finished off the interview telling me about how hard it is to work at Costco and it takes passion and willingness to work there. (I know all about hard work, my former job would call me in short notice, I would stay or come in for extra hours, do overnights, etc) And he said that I got the job but not fully because I still had to pass the drug test and background check. (Which I will.)

Interview Questions

• (First interview) can you describe a time where you had a conflict/mis understanding with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • What goals did you have at your former job and what steps did you take to achieve them?   Answer Question
    • What type of suggestions would your former supervisor give you and how would you react/use them?   Answer Question
    • (Second interview) what is your availability like?   Answer Question
    • If I called your former supervisor what would he/she tell me about you?   Answer Question
    • Name a weakness and strength that you have?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Springdale, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Asked the membership counter for the manager i was setup with. Follpwed them and waited in break room until the manager came. Had a dual interview with a manager and a supervisor. Then a HR manager. Followed by on the spot paperwork and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake, and claimed responsibility   Answer Question

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Brandon, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 Costco employees, the bakery manager and the Asst. GM. I was interviewed for well over 2 hours as it seemed I had an instant rapport and communicated very well with both individuals. They told me my responses were excellent and that I interviewed better than any other candidate interviewing for the position, thus far. Salary wasn't discussed during the interview and when I let the Bakery manager know of my requirements, which were well within the parameters of Costco's Cake Decorator Salaries and well below my worth, he assured me it shouldn't be a problem. However, I believe that it was a small issue as I was not offered the position nor was I offered the common courtesy of a phone call, e-mail or text updating me of their decision or next steps. Very unprofessional experience on Costco's part and I'm disappointed that a $118 billion company doesn't know how to conduct the interview process from start to finish.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Talking to you about the jobs available, level of interest and what you do currently. Then proceeded to take a questionnaire on the computer regarding job specifics and had you take a typing speed test.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle someone yelling at you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Woodbury, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Received an email and went to a designated place. The interview took 15 minutes or less. They were not hiring anyone for any certain position and were going to ask for second interviews the first week of September, so when I left I really had nothing to go on.

Interview Questions

• What happened to your other job?   1 Answer