Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.5

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
      o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
      o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
      o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
      o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
      o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
      o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
      o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
      o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
      o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
      o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
      o How do you define great customer service?
      o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
      o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
      o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
      o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
      o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
      o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
      o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
      o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
      o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
      o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
      o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
      o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
      o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
      o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
      o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
      o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
      o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
      o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
      o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
      o Describe how you manage your time.
      o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
      o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
      o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
      o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.
      1 Answer

Cart Pusher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Euclid, OH).

Interview

Sat in the food court and asked questions related to your current job. I was interviewed by 2 employees. They read off a paper of questions. Just be yourself and don't be nervous and you'll get the job!

Service Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Interview team seemed uninterested and disorganized. Relevant experience looks good on paper, however not utilized once you are hired. Company has been through 6 re-orgs and still is looking to find the correct fit.

Interview Questions

• General questions about IT, turn on, turn off, do you know this application   1 Answer

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

They do an interview to screen applicants and then a second interview basically to tell you you're hired. You then go in to sign for an employee contract and take a drug test. After they come back clear you go in for a 4 hour orientation with the option to go home after or work some extra hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you and a coworker disagree?   Answer Question

Deli Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2017.

Interview

From 10 years of work experience, this job interview and process has been the most thorough. They have low turnover rate and most of the interviewers had almost 10+ years in experience at Costco. They want to nake sure thry hire and keep the right people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty firm from the get go. The first time i heard back from them after the application and over the phone. She told me right away this was part time and this is the starting pay.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call asking for an interview after applying online. When I came in, the front end people told me to sit and wait in the food court with the others. My interviewers arrived twenty minutes late. There were two men interviewing me, and most of the questions were standard, easy questions. They told me that it counted as two interviews for some reason, and told me that they would call me. Two days later I came back for a "third" interview, and it was more of the same, and felt like generally made a good impression. No call back, just a rejection email.

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

3 Interviews, initially signed up for a finance related position then was was offered a cart pusher position in the third interview. The interview process itself wasnt bad just didnt appreciate the bait and switch.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the greatest achievements in your professional life?   Answer Question

Licensed Optician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

The interview process consisted of three interviews, a background check, and a drug screen. The first two interviews were done on the same day, and the third interview was scheduled for a few days later. A contingent job offer was made at the conclusion of the third interview.

Interview Questions

• Aside from religious considerations, Costco requires open availability for any shift required in the department. Are you able to meet this requirement?   2 Answers

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Hayward, CA).

Interview

The interview were easy. I went in the first date, they postponed.. they asked me to come again..
    The managers seem agree with the answers I gave but unfortunately, they don't hire me as I thought. Maybe my availability is my weakness.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. What do you do in your previous job?
      3. What is your definition of sense of urgency?
      4. Why do you want to work at Costco?
      1 Answer

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New York, NY).

Interview

Dressed in a shirt and tie, was told to wait in the break room till they were ready. They came to get me and took me into a back room where two managers sat and asked me 4-5 typical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a situation got out of hand and how did you handle it?   Answer Question