Costco Wholesale Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.6

104 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

They gave me a call on a Friday to schedule an interview, and with joy I said yes. I was first interviewed by two of the friendliest people I've ever met, very nice individuals. They ask about your past jobs and what you did at your jobs. After about three days they called me back to schedule a second interview. My second interview went okay, it was overwhelming I admit, but I was offered the position. For the second interview they went a little more depth about your work history and asked a bit of tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?
    What are core beliefs you follow?
    What is customer service to you?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After filling out an application I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with a manager and a supervisor. It was a very relaxed interview, mostly asking about my current job. Once the interview was over I was introduced to the Warehouse Manager and hired on the spot (given that I passed my background and drug test), which I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timnath, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Timnath, CO).

Interview

Very casual, in food court setting, 2 person interview team, 20 minutes, 12 question or less. The assistant manager and a supervisor interviewed a face to face interview. They knew me and were aware of my abilities and qualifications. The only reason I did not get the job as full time cashier was on account of my seniority.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position ?   1 Answer

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I submitted an application online, and they called me about a week later to schedule an interview. They were opening a new store, so they had scheduled several hundred people to come into a hotel lobby, come when called, and sit down at one of many tables for the interview itself. I dressed business casual and answered their questions honestly and brightly, so the first phase of my interview went very quickly. I sat down with two managers. They explained the interview process, and I answered about ten questions about my previous experiences before one of them said that he did not need to hear more and would be sending me up to the next step. I then met with a higher level manager, talked with him a bit about my expectations for retail and where I wanted to go with the company. He wrote a few notes about where I might fit in the store then sent me to a drug screening (saliva collection, not urine or anything too messy). I was called back a few days later with a job offer. I accepted, and then it was on to orientation and canvasing training.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   4 Answers

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation, because it's an entry-level job and they have a set pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

They called me in to interview and when I came in and waited in the breakroom for about 5 mins. I was interviewed by 2 assistant managers. One of them didn't say anything and just kinda dazed off the whole time while the other one asked me questions . This went very well and at the end of the interview they scheduled me a second interview with a higher manager.

I came in before the store opened and again waited in the break room to be called in, there was one other girl waiting to be called as well. When she called me in I was interviewed by one lady and it was basically the same questions as before and she sent me back to the break room to be called in again.

I got called in by a different lady and she gave me a drug test by mouth swab and I signed for a background check and she told me to wait for a call for orientation. This took about a week and they set me up for orientation. I found it a little strange that I had to ask what my starting pay was and the official title of my position, as I thought she should say all that when she called.

The interview process went well but my first impression is that they are not that professional. They never officially offered me the job or asked if I accepted they kinda just said this is the orientation date, bye. But anyways, so happy to get started.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for costco?

Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who slacked off.

Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer.

What do you do when you have an angry customer?

Can you work night and weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $13/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Burnsville, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I came 15 minutes early and was told to wait in the food court until the interviewer came. A little more than an hour later I was finally interviewed by two managers in the food court. I was told to answer the questions honestly and they explained that if they cut me off during my answer it meant that they have heard enough. At the end of the interview, they asked if I had time for a follow up interview with the general manager, to which I said yes. Twenty minutes after that (still in the food court), the general manager came over and we had a less formal interview, where I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with many responsibilities and were forced to multitask. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lynnwood, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an intimidating process where they took me back to a small room and had two people drill me with questions. One guy had a furrowed brow the whole time that made me feel like I was unintelligent and saying everything wrong. This was after waiting more than 1/2hr to interview in the break room. It was an annoyingly typical corporate interview (where do you want to be in 5 years?) When they said "okay, we have 20 more people to interview so we'll let you know," I know I didn't get the job, or assumed, because while I was waiting I chatted with another candidate who was told she got the job, the same job, on the spot. I almost called this to their attention so I could get an immediate "no" haha. While I stick by the fact Costco is a good company that offers competitive pay, this was a disappointing interview experience. The questions were vague and not accurate in determining who would actually make a good candidate. All in all, I can say--at least I don't have to work the crazy holiday season there where the giant parking lot is packed and I'm sure every single employee is stressed. It's their loss, I am a hard worker.

Interview Questions

• Q: Discuss a time you had an issue with a coworker and how did you handle it?
      Q: How did you prepare for this interview?
      Q: Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Very relaxed, easy behavioral question, awesome people. It is very short and only consisted of about 20 minutes. They are normal people and easy to talk to. The interview is mostly behavioral question about how you handled different situation in the workplace. They will ask about your availability, if you want to work there make sure you have enough free time because they will want a lot of your hours.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time you did not get along with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New Orleans, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. Filled out an application on Friday around 1:00pm and was called for an interview at 6:00pm the same day. I was interviewed on Tuesday with 2 employees and the second interview with the GM on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Costco? What did you do to prepare for the interview? What happen in a difficult situation at your previous job? Why did you leave your previous job? What happen with you had a problem with a guest and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two interviews back to back with front end managers.They bring you into the break room and ask you a few questions. Its really easy and strait forward (though I was interviewing for a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you could handle a problem.
      Why do you want to work for Costco?
      This job is psychically demanding... can you handle it   1 Answer