Costco Wholesale Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

Costco Wholesale Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview Questions

Interviews at Costco Wholesale

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After filling out an application I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with a manager and a supervisor. It was a very relaxed interview, mostly asking about my current job. Once the interview was over I was introduced to the Warehouse Manager and hired on the spot (given that I passed my background and drug test), which I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Tacoma, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 weeks. You interview with a manager, and if they like you you interview with the assistant manager. After that you wait for their answer. If accepted you take a drug test and then go into orientation. It's a pretty quick process. One of the best ways to land an interview is by walking into a Costco and handing your resume into one of the managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timnath, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Timnath, CO).

Interview

Very casual, in food court setting, 2 person interview team, 20 minutes, 12 question or less. The assistant manager and a supervisor interviewed a face to face interview. They knew me and were aware of my abilities and qualifications. The only reason I did not get the job as full time cashier was on account of my seniority.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Torrance, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The first was with a manager, and then the second was with the Warehouse manager. Filled out application online and then was called a few days later for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a difficult situation in the work environment and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

They gave me a call on a Friday to schedule an interview, and with joy I said yes. I was first interviewed by two of the friendliest people I've ever met, very nice individuals. They ask about your past jobs and what you did at your jobs. After about three days they called me back to schedule a second interview. My second interview went okay, it was overwhelming I admit, but I was offered the position. For the second interview they went a little more depth about your work history and asked a bit of tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?
      What are core beliefs you follow?
      What is customer service to you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

They called me in to interview and when I came in and waited in the breakroom for about 5 mins. I was interviewed by 2 assistant managers. One of them didn't say anything and just kinda dazed off the whole time while the other one asked me questions . This went very well and at the end of the interview they scheduled me a second interview with a higher manager.

I came in before the store opened and again waited in the break room to be called in, there was one other girl waiting to be called as well. When she called me in I was interviewed by one lady and it was basically the same questions as before and she sent me back to the break room to be called in again.

I got called in by a different lady and she gave me a drug test by mouth swab and I signed for a background check and she told me to wait for a call for orientation. This took about a week and they set me up for orientation. I found it a little strange that I had to ask what my starting pay was and the official title of my position, as I thought she should say all that when she called.

The interview process went well but my first impression is that they are not that professional. They never officially offered me the job or asked if I accepted they kinda just said this is the orientation date, bye. But anyways, so happy to get started.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for costco?

Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who slacked off.

Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer.

What do you do when you have an angry customer?

Can you work night and weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $13/hr

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a little longer than I was used to. Had to do three different interviews. But the interviews are easy and it was more of just going over the same information.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions "give me an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lynnwood, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an intimidating process where they took me back to a small room and had two people drill me with questions. One guy had a furrowed brow the whole time that made me feel like I was unintelligent and saying everything wrong. This was after waiting more than 1/2hr to interview in the break room. It was an annoyingly typical corporate interview (where do you want to be in 5 years?) When they said "okay, we have 20 more people to interview so we'll let you know," I know I didn't get the job, or assumed, because while I was waiting I chatted with another candidate who was told she got the job, the same job, on the spot. I almost called this to their attention so I could get an immediate "no" haha. While I stick by the fact Costco is a good company that offers competitive pay, this was a disappointing interview experience. The questions were vague and not accurate in determining who would actually make a good candidate. All in all, I can say--at least I don't have to work the crazy holiday season there where the giant parking lot is packed and I'm sure every single employee is stressed. It's their loss, I am a hard worker.

Interview Questions

• Q: Discuss a time you had an issue with a coworker and how did you handle it?
      Q: How did you prepare for this interview?
      Q: Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Burnsville, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I came 15 minutes early and was told to wait in the food court until the interviewer came. A little more than an hour later I was finally interviewed by two managers in the food court. I was told to answer the questions honestly and they explained that if they cut me off during my answer it meant that they have heard enough. At the end of the interview, they asked if I had time for a follow up interview with the general manager, to which I said yes. Twenty minutes after that (still in the food court), the general manager came over and we had a less formal interview, where I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with many responsibilities and were forced to multitask. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Elk Grove, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

3 interviews
    dress very formal