Costco Wholesale Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Costco Wholesale

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 111 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Barrie, ON) in Oct 2020

Interview

3 interviews, but consisted of 1 interview with 2 managers from 2 different departments and 1 with one of the the main managers just so he can meet the candidate.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle conflict?
    1 Answer
  • How did you prepare for this interview?
  • What's your favourite department and why?
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2018

Interview

The interview process was easy. About a week or so after I applied on the company website , I was called for an interview. Took about 10 minutes , straight forward questions. Was offered the job on spot

Interview Questions
Costco Wholesale
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Vancouver, BC) in Apr 2017

Interview

Applied online got a call to come in for an interview. The online application was very detailed and came with an assortment of questions about my background past jobs etc. After that was done I got a call and we agreed that I fill the last spot for the interview. They had a lot of interviews lined up so I believe that's the reason I won't get an offer. I didn't expect so many difficult questions for a retail job and wasn't prepared. Other reviews on glass door made the experience seem nonchalant but that wasn't the case. There were two stores managers asking the questions and they either didn't like me (kinda felt like that from the body language) or had a bad day and didn't want to make it easy for me. Overall, prepare for this interview, rehearse the questions (I would post more but I can't really remember since the experience was awhile ago and bad). Good luck, don't do what I did.

Interview Questions
  • What was a situation where you were in a sense of urgency?
  • Have you had a bad experience with a customer? If (yes) what did they say and what did your manager tell you about the situation after it happened?
Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Baltimore, MD)

Interview

After filling out an application I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with a manager and a supervisor. It was a very relaxed interview, mostly asking about my current job. Once the interview was over I was introduced to the Warehouse Manager and hired on the spot (given that I passed my background and drug test), which I did.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had a conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (United States)

Interview

They gave me a call on a Friday to schedule an interview, and with joy I said yes. I was first interviewed by two of the friendliest people I've ever met, very nice individuals. They ask about your past jobs and what you did at your jobs. After about three days they called me back to schedule a second interview. My second interview went okay, it was overwhelming I admit, but I was offered the position. For the second interview they went a little more depth about your work history and asked a bit of tricky questions.

Interview Questions
  • What does integrity mean to you? What are core beliefs you follow? What is customer service to you?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timnath, CO
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Timnath, CO)

Interview

Very casual, in food court setting, 2 person interview team, 20 minutes, 12 question or less. The assistant manager and a supervisor interviewed a face to face interview. They knew me and were aware of my abilities and qualifications. The only reason I did not get the job as full time cashier was on account of my seniority.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you for this position ?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Canada)

Interview

Was called on a Sunday for an interview on a Tuesday, they sent an email by Thursday to say whether I had it or not. Two younger employees interviewed me, very friendly and informative. They told me what the pay was and the hours I'd be expected to work and also how they started and moved up the line.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sacramento, CA)

Interview

They called me in to interview and when I came in and waited in the breakroom for about 5 mins. I was interviewed by 2 assistant managers. One of them didn't say anything and just kinda dazed off the whole time while the other one asked me questions . This went very well and at the end of the interview they scheduled me a second interview with a higher manager. I came in before the store opened and again waited in the break room to be called in, there was one other girl waiting to be called as well. When she called me in I was interviewed by one lady and it was basically the same questions as before and she sent me back to the break room to be called in again. I got called in by a different lady and she gave me a drug test by mouth swab and I signed for a background check and she told me to wait for a call for orientation. This took about a week and they set me up for orientation. I found it a little strange that I had to ask what my starting pay was and the official title of my position, as I thought she should say all that when she called. The interview process went well but my first impression is that they are not that professional. They never officially offered me the job or asked if I accepted they kinda just said this is the orientation date, bye. But anyways, so happy to get started.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for costco? Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who slacked off. Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer. What do you do when you have an angry customer? Can you work night and weekends?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Burnsville, MN) in Jun 2016

Interview

I came 15 minutes early and was told to wait in the food court until the interviewer came. A little more than an hour later I was finally interviewed by two managers in the food court. I was told to answer the questions honestly and they explained that if they cut me off during my answer it meant that they have heard enough. At the end of the interview, they asked if I had time for a follow up interview with the general manager, to which I said yes. Twenty minutes after that (still in the food court), the general manager came over and we had a less formal interview, where I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you were faced with many responsibilities and were forced to multitask. How did you handle it?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (United States)

Interview

I submitted an application online, and they called me about a week later to schedule an interview. They were opening a new store, so they had scheduled several hundred people to come into a hotel lobby, come when called, and sit down at one of many tables for the interview itself. I dressed business casual and answered their questions honestly and brightly, so the first phase of my interview went very quickly. I sat down with two managers. They explained the interview process, and I answered about ten questions about my previous experiences before one of them said that he did not need to hear more and would be sending me up to the next step. I then met with a higher level manager, talked with him a bit about my expectations for retail and where I wanted to go with the company. He wrote a few notes about where I might fit in the store then sent me to a drug screening (saliva collection, not urine or anything too messy). I was called back a few days later with a job offer. I accepted, and then it was on to orientation and canvasing training.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 111