Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New York, NY).

Interview

On a line that took forever, they needed 2 copies of my resume. Then we were filed into a huge room and waited what seemed like an eternity in 90 plus new york city heat. You can see everyone that was being interviewed. They were seated across the interviewer so that the people that were waiting for their turn to be interviewed could see their faces. I thought that was a little cold and intimidating for the person being interviewed. I dreaded for my name to be called because of this.

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through 3rd party. Interview was comprehensive with a panel comprising of hiring Manager and four technical resources. They touched base with all the essentials job requirements with a variety of technical questions. I was able to answer 90% of their questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience with integration development and tools.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Winchester, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Sat in break room for 5 minutes, while both managers eating in front of you, until interview started late. One manager stared you down with questions while the other one has their back turned to you and not saying a word the whole time. Then sent a turn down email as soon as you walk out the door.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Menomonee Falls, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

The following week after submitting an online application, I got a call to go in for an interview 2 days later.

I was sat down in a small office room and interviewed by 2 people, although only 1 actually conducted the interview. The other simply took notes. It was a fairly quick 10 minute or so interview. The questions were oriented towards how I handled past events with other people. They are very hard questions for people with disabilities or who have a hard time recalling the details of past events.

After the interview they said they'd call me back next week to see if they have a job opening. That was the last time I ever heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you displayed accuracy.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you did something that you later regretted. How would you have handled this situation differently?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

A grueling two stage interview with accounting and personal scrutiny. Work through strengths and weaknesses showing reliance on the strengths and gradual improvement on the weakness. Know standard accounting situations, ie debit or credit accounts and basic accounting issues.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of your best and worst co-workers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Silverdale, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Questions

• all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Boston, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

my interview was a long interview which consisted basically in my study background, my social status and my past experience in a similar job. They also asked whether I enjoyed what I do for living and how much I had earned in previous businesses.

Interview Questions

• in the years you have worked as a sales representative, which has been your favorite one?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Very thorough, must have excellent people skills, willing to learn fast, willing to work long hours without breaks or maybe lunch, adapt to changes quickly, must have excellent customer service skills, speak fluently several languages a plus, organized, focused, produce results, team player but yet a leader, good mentor, be teachable and willing to teach.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a very pissed off customer that after spent thousand of dollars in a computer does't like it and want's his money back now!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Excellent!

New Store/All Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (East Peoria, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online....got a phone call and interviewed the next day. Two people sat in on the interview. The girl asked questions from a form. i.e...tell me about a time when you didn't get along with another employee; tell me about a time when you volunteered at a job. At age 56, this was the 1st interview in over 20 years. Did not expect these types of questions at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were awarded for a job well done.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Interview

I feel that Costco Discriminanted me. I got a call for an interview and went, while I was waiting for one of the other ladies who was going to interview me the other interview lady was sitting with me chatting and she started asking me about my availability and I told them I worked one day a week for about 6 hours. Well once it was the real interview and it was that lady's turn to ask questions she got an attitude and started interrogating me on which job would take priority. I dont feel that companies are giving people fair chances.

Interview Questions

• What I would do if I was called in on a day I worked at the other place   1 Answer