Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,029 Interview Reviews

2.5

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sacramento, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Three interviews and a mouth swab drug test with a background check. The interviewers were really nice. Just say you want to make the members your number one priority.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Wilmington, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers and answered questions. They were interested in me as a manager but I was not interested in that career path. It was short and I was not hired.

Interview Questions

• “Why should I hire you?”   1 Answer

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (South Jordan, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I was called and asked to come in. The interview was in a large group, and very short. I was asked a few questions, and then they said they would contact me. I received an email the next day that said they weren't going to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you made and what did you do to make it right?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I went in for an interview with a person who I imagine to be the hiring manager. The questions were very basic and the hiring manager was pleasant until we began to discuss availability. When I explained that I was unavailable on weekends at the time the hiring manager very curtly said that the interview was over and that no one who works at Costco doesn’t work a weekend.

I understand that this can be a requirement for some businesses but I had already stated in my job application that I was unavailable on the weekends. In the end it was a waste of time for me and I left with a negative view of Costco management.

Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lakewood, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I came in for an initial interview and met with two managers and the Human Resources representative. My interview lasted about 15-25 minutes and after being approved to go on to the next step I was given a drug test. After passing the test I was given an initial training date.

Interview Questions

• What makes you prepared for the customer service this job requires?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lafayette, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

Called to verify if I was still interested in an interview. Said yes over the phone. The hiring manager scheduled an interview for the next day. Came in for my interview, waited in the employee breakroom until I was called. The interview consisted of two employees sitting down with you at the cafe section to ask some questions. That same day I got a call back for a second interview with the store manager. Same process but this time, the interview was in the manager's office. I am highly qualified, good work ethic, military background, and intelligent. The entire process last about two weeks but sometimes it could take months just for them to call you for an interview. They do their hiring in cycles. The process is too long to just kind of toy with someone's time to find work by asking me to come back for multiple interviews. Waiting for a call or e-mail an entire week to find out that yet again they wouldn't even give me a chance. In 2017, I had 3 different interviews with them all with the same result. Moving on to something outside of retail.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of safety?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process with Costco went as follows: I received a phone call from one of the supervisors of the store to set up an appointment for the interview. He explained that since it was a seasonal job I would have to work different shifts. He asked if I would work the night shift. I explained to him I had no problem working any shifts except the night one. I presented myself to the interview that was set up for a week later.

Interview Questions

• If there is a problem with an employee who would you go too?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy, behavioural questions and questions about what you know about Costco. There were two people interviewing. It was a 20-25 minute interview. Be prepared to talk about past experience.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fontana, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application and was called for an interview a few weeks later. I wasn't told it was temporary until I arrived. A complete waste of my time. I first arrived and it seemed like there was no communication. They didn't speak with me till after 20 minutes of being there. During the interview, employees would be knocking on the door and one even came in doing who knows what while I was in the room being asked mediocre situational questions. Extremely unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you have been in a state of urgency   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

After you hand in your application form to the warehouse you will be phoned by the department manager to offer you an interview. You will go to the warehouse and get interviewed by the department manager then if successful you will get an interview with the warehouse manager, if successful then the job should be yours.