Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.5

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chantilly, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, passed a personality test, forgot I had applied there by the time I got a call to set up an interview, but I set it up the next day anyway.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New Orleans, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very comfortable, mostly reviewing my last job duties. Asked if I had researched the company, which I did. They asked questions on how I would handle an unsatisfied customer, or how I would correct employees who weren't doing their job.

Interview Questions

• Did I research the company.   1 Answer

IS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA).

Interview

General interview questions pulled from a pre-made sheet of questions. Nothing terribly challenging. Technical knowledge review was minimal/non-existent. Didn't encounter many questions that were not coming off that sheet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time you were successful in a project   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

Interview

This was a fairly long process. Costco is not one to move quickly at least in this instance they weren't. I contacted them in late September directly about a job I saw on their website. Recruiter got back to me a couple of days later. Now the slow down... Took a couple of weeks to schedule a technical interview and then a couple of weeks to schedule an onsite interview with the hiring manager. Technical interview was not your standard stand in front of the white board answering programming questions, but was more of a technical conversation which I liked because doing the dog and pony show on a whiteboard is getting old. Then I had the interview with the hiring manager and his manager, which again was a conversation. This interview was a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like how did you handle a difficult employee. How do you handle stress. Talk about a project you recently worked on... that type of stuff.   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Contacted by a very blunt recruiter (she never introduced herself, I assume that's what she did) and told to apply for the new store under "all positions" then they would organize an interview. Similar to others below my experience etc was not taken into account and I was told I'd be interviewed for a marketing representative. After the initial interview I was offered another interview and finally they answered questions about pay. Sorry to sound ungrateful but the pay was insulting with 10+ years multi-unit experience with 20+ direct reports and the whole process was awful and I was treated with a clear air of arrogance.

Interview Questions

• Usual basic interview questions. Not sure they were even listening to be honest. They clearly didn't read my resume.   Answer Question

Awful offer not taking into account any skills or experience. A complete waste of my time and theirs.

Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake in the Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lake in the Hills, IL).

Interview

I talked to three people total. First the human resource lady and a supervisor. It sounds scary but it really wasn't it was actually fun. I knew I already had the job when they left and the manager took over but we still had some questions to get through. I actually started that day right after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled multiple customers when they in need of assistance?   Answer Question

Food Court Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with GM discussed future with company. Philosophy concerning operations, philosophy concerning labor, etc. Discussed P&L practices and in preparing asked a lot of questions about margin and product. Also discussed what impact I have made this far.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make an immediate impact?   1 Answer

Any Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Oxnard, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two very polite managers interviewed me in a classroom area. Reading off a list of questions, I was asked about 6 or 7 things; they also explained what it was like to work there and what I could expect if hired. I am currently waiting to hear back...or not.

Interview Questions

• what would your last employer say about you if we contacted them?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on line had initial interview and was told I would be called for another interview but they did not know exactly when. I waited a week then called to follow up with person that interviewed me I had to call back because they were in a meeting . I called back later and they were at lunch. The person that answered the phone offered to take a message this time I left my name and number but did not hear anything back from them. I do not know if I am still in the running but this is certainly not a good so I will keep on looking.

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply mainly to see what specific they were hiring for. A week after applying a for a call to come in and interview. The person is spoke to said the were filling the last positions like cart pusher and meat department clean up. Not jobs I really wanted but I decided to go and bring my full resume and see what happened. I think they quickly realized I was overqualified and started mentioning other possible opening. This lead to questions about my previous jobs and experience and they seemed pleased. When the interview was over they said to expect something in the next day or 2. But less than 5 minutes after leaving someone called to set up a next interview.

Interview Questions

• What departments do you feel most comfortable working in?   Answer Question