Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017
1,040 Interview Reviews

2.5

Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. They have set interview questions they seem to ask every candidate. Most of the questions were behavioral. The question they seem to like asking however is "how did you study for this interview?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to gain a customers trust.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later I received a call to set up an interview. Completed my first in-person interview and was asked if I was willing to schedule a second.

Interview Questions

• They were just average retail/sales/customer service questions.   1 Answer

Cashier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

You go through 2 interviews first with 2 department managers then with the store manager he will or she will offer you the job right then and there. Must past the 2 department managers first to make it to the final interview for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: ask about yourself and also our previous experience for retail   Answer Question

Interview

It was about 15 questions !!!! All well she hired me for photo !! Starting pay $13 witch is awesome because no other reatailer pays near 13 an hour ! Im supper exited to start now i have to wait to meet the store bosses!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with an employee   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went for an interview today and showed up 5 minutes early and was told to wait in the break room. The interview was scheduled for 3 pm and the guy came into to the break room at 3:25 pm. So we sit down, in the eating area where all the customers buy food, sit down and eat, he hands me a paper to write my availability on. No real greeting at all. Finally after roughly 10 minutes, we were done. A few questions asked but mostly it was get me in, get me out. I have had 8 years in the grocery industry and all of it has been in management, and it took me back. He acted like I was bothering him from the start as soon as he walked into the break room. The most unprofessional interview I had ever been on. He said he will let me know by Friday if I am going to get called back for an interview. They can keep that job. I don’t want to work with people like that! Such a turn off! And to see the reviews on here about working at Costco it took me by surprise.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Great Interview. Basic interview process, was not hired but the process was simple and direct. Meet with department supervisor and was given lots of information regarding what they were in need of.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Costco?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Princeton, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was called in for an interview a few weeks later. I was told to come into the store at a specific time, I arrived several minutes early and spoke to my interviewer who told me to “take a seat” and that they would “be with me shortly.” That “shortly” turned out to be never, as although I was always in clear view of the person and they walked past my area several times they never got around to interviewing me. After an hour and fifteen minutes, I got up and left. They are lucky being the gentleman that I am and I simply walked away it could have been much worse for these rude, unprofessional morons.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions from them as I was never interviewed but I question why I bothered applying here and wasted so much time waiting around before I finally said screw this and walked out. Some have questioned why I didn’t go back up to the customer service desk and remind them that I was still there but the thing is they could see me and I could see them. The rude and unprofessional treatment I received soured me on working for these people.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It was really quick and straightforward. I had someone refer me, which was really helpful. They said that since it was a seasonal position, then I could only work for 90 days, but they would keep me or transfer me to another location is my actions matched my words. Make sure you ask a question at the end and talk about why customer service is so important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Marina del Rey, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got this interview because I physically went into the store and brought my online app to the store manager's attention. 3 days later, I got a phone call telling me when and where to report. The interview was at 4:15 in the afternoon. There were others in the breakroom waiting to be interviewed. I thought it went well, but I did not get offered a position. Mind you, this was for the lowest entry level seasonal position. Gathering carts. Cleaning restrooms. Keeping the floor of the store clean. My thought is, I have WAY too much work experience to be offered a job there even though I expressed that I was willing to do all the aforementioned tasks with no problem. I should have known I would not be offered a position when observing the employees as I walked through the store and while waiting in the breakroom for my interview. They are all young people. I'm talking 20 somethings. Even the store manager that I met is a young man. Maybe 30ish? The young man and woman who interviewed me were also young. I am a middle aged woman with ALOT of job and life
    experience, but I'm afraid I am a little old (in their eyes) to be hired at that particular store. Just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Obvious questions like, 'Why do you want to work for Costco?' The one that threw me was when the interviewer asked "What did you do to prepare for this interview today?" I thought that was an odd question.   1 Answer
    • I was asked, 'How would you handle a situation with a co-worker who is not pulling their share?"   1 Answer
    • I was asked, "How would you handle a co-worker who you may have a problem with?"   2 Answers

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Received a call asking if I was interested in the position I applied for (cake decorator). Called back to schedule interview but didn't receive a response for a week. Finally got a call and had interview scheduled. Arrived 20 minutes prior but waited almost two hours? Then, the manager tells me that I wasn't being hired as a cake decorator but as an "open seasonal" employee, unloading trucks or working the front and possibly "closing" the bakery because they "promote from within" and heck, that was even if they kept me past December. It was rather insulting because that wasn't what I was told by the bakery manager on the phone, nor was it what I applied for. Keep in mind, I'm a trained and seasoned cake decorator with a portfolio (with culinary school to boot).

Any way, the manager proceeded to tell me that he was going to ask me questions (behavior related, I assume) but I had such a distaste in my mouth from waiting two hours and then being told that I wasn't being hired for what I applied for, that I actually ended the interview. Never had to do anything like that before in my life. Complete joke and waste of time.