Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2016.

Interview

You have 3 interviews. With different people. Out of the store. Very quick. Only about 20 minutes. And last one you talk to will tell you if u have the job.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Alexandria, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online after seeing a indeed ad! then I showed up to meet the pharmacy Manager to check on my application so she called me back a week later then I was Interviewed by pharmacy manager and assistant manager of the store ! took 30 mins they asked about 10 questions in order seemed all scripted but easy if you have experience!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a angry customer and what did you do to help them   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Arvada, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online(weds at 3AM)for 3 positions: Cashier, Stocker, Membership Clerk. Was called immediately later that day for an interview the following day(Thursday early afternoon). It was with one Hiring Manager and one Supervisor. The manager asked the questions, supervisor just wrote notes. Turned out they were looking for 3 positions: Cart Pusher, Food Court, and Sales Floor for electronics. After they both interviewed me they were pleased with my answers and so they brought out the Front End Assistant Manager to basically follow up on some of my answers. Once she was pleased, she made sure if I was confident in the position then offered me the job. Right after that she took me into the office to perform a saliva drug test. (Pro tip: Keep your mouth hydrated!) I could imagine it being a pain for somebody to come in only to find out you're being interviewed for a different position than what you applied for. For me it worked out for the better. Be sure you answer in detail, answer truthfully, smile a lot while making eye contact and be confident! Really makes the experience pleasant for everyone.

Interview Questions

• What are your best traits? Describe your retail history. Describe a time when you made a wrong decision and what you should've done instead. How did you prepare for this interview? What would your past supervisors say you can improve on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call to setup interview implied that pay would increase depending on experience. Upon interviewing, I was told pay was a flat $13/hr. Still acceptable for an entry level position.

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chico, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

the hiring process was long. It was made up of three different interview as well as submitting an online applications. I was first interviewed by two supervisors. had to complete a background check and drug test

Interview Questions

• past experience
      why i would be a good fit at that job
      what sets me apart form other candidates
      Answer Question

Seasonal Stocker Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2016.

Interview

Took a week to hear about getting an interview. I went and the store and it was super packed. They told me to sit on a red bench with other applicants for different jobs. I was later called and met with two nice, young girls and they just wanted me to sign confirming my info and what times I was available, while they chat with one another. After that came the horrible questions. The questions were about my past and how i've felt with situations I was put in. I took forever to answer and stuttered a lot because I had no clue what to say. The questions came from a paper the girl was reading from, and it really had nothing to do with stocking. I had to makeup some answers because not a lot of things have happened in my life to answer the questions better and nothing came to mind. She asked four questions then told me she'll call or email me if i got it or not. It took another week to hear back to only find out by email I did not get the job. I thought I would get it because it was seasonal. But I guess they weren't that desperate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you dealt with a difficult costumer.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a difficult situation where you had to keep a level head.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Westbury, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Personality, work ethic, knowledge of proper food saftey practices. Remember that the customer is always first and your job is to create a good shopping experience. Very comfortable interview. Casual but dress professional.

Interview Questions

• If I had called your former employers what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After filling out an application I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with a manager and a supervisor. It was a very relaxed interview, mostly asking about my current job. Once the interview was over I was introduced to the Warehouse Manager and hired on the spot (given that I passed my background and drug test), which I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online, and checked up in-person at the store. Got called in for an interview shortly after. Got called into the office and was interviewed by two people. They asked me the basic questions. Being my first interview I screwed them up and did not get the job.

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Flemington, NJ).

Interview

Went twice for interviews..they never said the job was a partime until i got hire, of curse i dont acepte because i was looking for a full-time job..
    I was hire as a forlk lift operarotor, in the beginning every vary though this new store was hiring full time workers but turns out that they lies to every one...this job was not fultime but partime and on tap of that was only seasonal, whit not benefits at all...
    I feel betrayed by this people because they never said anything to the people hoping to caching a least some of the new hires......i believe costco was a good company but turned out that is NOT what is supposed to be....shame on the recruiting people of fleminton nj for lies to us..
    Thanks to god i don't quit my job...or i will in deep trouble...costco is not what you believe is.

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (La Mesa, CA).

Interview

Got interview almost 2 months after applied. Was called for seasonal position, not for what I applied. Two women interviewers, but not private. In a "break room" with 2 other employees. I was very up front & told them I was not going to be available a certain time frame (4 days) at the beginning of November. One interviewer was very "put off" by this. She said, "Well, not sure how that's gonna go, but we'll see." She continued with the interview questions, but I honestly felt she had already made her decision about me. She told me that the position was anywhere from 0-40 hours a week (that's not too ambiguous)& was mainly collecting carts, restocking & merchandising. When I asked her about the position I applied for, she said "maybe, but probably not-unless you want to work overnight." I asked about the chance of being hired permanently after the holidays and she said, "None-we promote from within-very rarely hire on seasonal employees. You have to start at the bottom." Entire interview took about 10 minutes. Got the "thanks but, no thanks" e-mail the next day.