Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.5

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Did first interview, did well enough they skipped the 2nd interview.

Did a 3rd interview with GM of the building.

Read the interview questions from others too and you will do fine. Always have an answer for any question don't, not have one. Do not give hypothetical answers either.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a high-stress situation/environment and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for Costco?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2017.

Interview

Initial screening phone call followed by a call with the hiring managers. Face-to-face interview then final decision. I was not given a chance to talk during the face-to-face interview since they did all the talking. No questions were asked - they said they just wanted to assess how I would fit in the company. I'm not sure how that can happen if there were no questions asked. The managers also invited me for a 1-hr interview then left for meetings 30 mins into the interview. I thought it was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you can adapt to our culture?   1 Answer

Payroll Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Originally supposed to be done by two people, they were short handed and I only met with one. I moved on to the next interview later that week to meet with an assistant manager. He offered me a position but only after telling me that the positions I applied for (both 'office jobs') would probably be hired from internal candidates and that I would lumped into the general pool of new hires.

With this being said, I was applying for a new store coming to the market and everyone that was hired had to work full-time for the 2 months before the store opened as marketing employees. During this time is when you would find out what position and pay rate you'd be working when the store opened.

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fountain Valley, CA).

Interview

Applied on line. Got a call the same day for phone interview and follow up for a in person interview. The the in person interview was with two general manager. Standard question of why do you want to work at Costco. Got a call later for a second interview with senior manager and asked similar questions. Few days later job was offered and orientation was set up.

Interview Questions

• What would you improve at Costco.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews. First with direct manager. Second was with a administrative manager. The last and deciding interview was with the warehouse manager to determine if a qualified candidate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

easy and very well spoken interviewer, had a couple of questions asked about myself and my career vision in about 5 years from now very straight forward interview. got hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• what do you like about the job?   1 Answer

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Orem, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

They do a three interview process, if they like you, they will pass you to the second, and then the third immediately. Then they do an FBI background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you had many things to do, and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was great. However, the hiring manger did not call on a scheduled date and did not apologize. Next day, the recruiter reschedule and the hiring manager finally call and he was not really wanted to interview, I can sense from his voice and the questions were ask. The following day, the recruiter sent an email to invite me to apply for another job with Costco. Although they had 5 openings at the time for this positions.
      I wondered does it has to do with Asian last name.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Two managers interviewed me. They were very friendly and welcoming. They wanted to get to know me, and wanted to see what my availability was considering Costco is very busy and need people.

Part-Time Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Relaxed, friendly. They ask about and want to know about you as a character to see if you fit in with their environment. They don't dig too deep into your personality bc they can already tell a lot about you based on your appearance and presentation