Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Garden Grove, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they called within an hour. It is 2 times interview so prepare for it. First one is 2 on 1, 1 manager and 1 supervisor. Second, 1 on 1 with a store manager. In the first interview, they will have a copy of what you filled on the online application and asking you mostly about your experience, with that being said, NO EXPERIENCE is hard to get a job here. Next, they will ask about your customer service skill and some working experience. If you pass the first one, on the second one, the store manager will ask you about your personality so that he/she can make sure you are the person that can fit in Costco's environment.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose Costco ?   1 Answer
    • What you will do when a customer get angry ?   1 Answer
    • What will you do to motivate your co workers when it gets very busy ?   1 Answer
    • (One on One) Why did you quit Mc Donald   1 Answer
    • (One on One) What is your availability ?   1 Answer
    • (One on One) Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After filling out an application I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with a manager and a supervisor. It was a very relaxed interview, mostly asking about my current job. Once the interview was over I was introduced to the Warehouse Manager and hired on the spot (given that I passed my background and drug test), which I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I submitted an application online, and they called me about a week later to schedule an interview. They were opening a new store, so they had scheduled several hundred people to come into a hotel lobby, come when called, and sit down at one of many tables for the interview itself. I dressed business casual and answered their questions honestly and brightly, so the first phase of my interview went very quickly. I sat down with two managers. They explained the interview process, and I answered about ten questions about my previous experiences before one of them said that he did not need to hear more and would be sending me up to the next step. I then met with a higher level manager, talked with him a bit about my expectations for retail and where I wanted to go with the company. He wrote a few notes about where I might fit in the store then sent me to a drug screening (saliva collection, not urine or anything too messy). I was called back a few days later with a job offer. I accepted, and then it was on to orientation and canvasing training.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   4 Answers

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation, because it's an entry-level job and they have a set pay scale.

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Flemington, NJ).

Interview

Went twice for interviews..they never said the job was a partime until i got hire, of curse i dont acepte because i was looking for a full-time job..
    I was hire as a forlk lift operarotor, in the beginning every vary though this new store was hiring full time workers but turns out that they lies to every one...this job was not fultime but partime and on tap of that was only seasonal, whit not benefits at all...
    I feel betrayed by this people because they never said anything to the people hoping to caching a least some of the new hires......i believe costco was a good company but turned out that is NOT what is supposed to be....shame on the recruiting people of fleminton nj for lies to us..
    Thanks to god i don't quit my job...or i will in deep trouble...costco is not what you believe is.

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (La Mesa, CA).

Interview

Got interview almost 2 months after applied. Was called for seasonal position, not for what I applied. Two women interviewers, but not private. In a "break room" with 2 other employees. I was very up front & told them I was not going to be available a certain time frame (4 days) at the beginning of November. One interviewer was very "put off" by this. She said, "Well, not sure how that's gonna go, but we'll see." She continued with the interview questions, but I honestly felt she had already made her decision about me. She told me that the position was anywhere from 0-40 hours a week (that's not too ambiguous)& was mainly collecting carts, restocking & merchandising. When I asked her about the position I applied for, she said "maybe, but probably not-unless you want to work overnight." I asked about the chance of being hired permanently after the holidays and she said, "None-we promote from within-very rarely hire on seasonal employees. You have to start at the bottom." Entire interview took about 10 minutes. Got the "thanks but, no thanks" e-mail the next day.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online, and checked up in-person at the store. Got called in for an interview shortly after. Got called into the office and was interviewed by two people. They asked me the basic questions. Being my first interview I screwed them up and did not get the job.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Right when I got to the table, I didn't get to sit down yet, and she asked why I wanna be a stocker. Sheesh, fast pace environment and you need to be fast. Forreal, forreal. They just throw out questions and you answer. I couldn't even formulate a thought. Process took about 5-8 mins.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online, came in for an interview 9 days later. One manager interviewed me, asked basic interview questions, they want examples from previous work experiences. Came in for 2nd and had to do a drug test, then was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is excellent customer service to you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you and another employee had a disagreement and how'd you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you've dealt with an angry customer?   1 Answer

All Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Visalia, CA).

Interview

The interview process was a pretty good experience. It was held in a big room with about 3 or 4 interviews going on at the same time. First I was interviews by two managers then I was sent to another table where I was interviewed by one Manger. They were both easy interviews and they were very nice. *Tip* take your resume in to the manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our organization?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you were misunderstood by a co-worker   1 Answer

Front End Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Miami Lakes, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

While it was a fairly conventional interview it seems the selection process is very rigid. They also get your hopes up telling you what you want to hear and then you get disappointed when you never get a call back.