Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017
1,040 Interview Reviews

2.5

Order Picker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

lots of questions that were pointless. A lot of pride in the room for no reason. Awkward silence. Had to over dress for a casual work environment

Membership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Houston, TX).

Interview

Short and simple. The questions asked are thought up as the conversation continues. The employers are welcoming and pay full attention. It helped with creating an atmosphere of focus. Making the interview process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you were faced with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Northridge, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was long. My interview was set for 10:45 but didn't interview with managers until 1:15. If this happens to you, don't worry. I think they did this a tactic to see who really wants the job. As I entered the room , i was greeted by 3 ppl. All i believe were managers. This is phase 1/2 . One person was asking all of the questions while the others listen. DO YOUR RESEARCH. Also, just be yourself. They just want to see that you are goal oriented, want to be there for a while, and has great communication skills.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      Tell me about a time where you had to manage your time.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Did first interview, did well enough they skipped the 2nd interview.

Did a 3rd interview with GM of the building.

Read the interview questions from others too and you will do fine. Always have an answer for any question don't, not have one. Do not give hypothetical answers either.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a high-stress situation/environment and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for Costco?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Omaha, NE) in July 2017.

Interview

They had already made their choice before the interviews were scheduled. Internal job postings that are not lateral are pretty much a joke. They are required to post the jobs and go through the process. Kind of a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict in the workplace   Answer Question

Membership Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later to schedule an interview. I was told that I had passed the intial online screening so my first in-store interview was considered a second interview. I went to the location for my interview and waited in the break room for about 30 minutes before someone came to get me. Two employees are required to be present during the interview. The interview was basic, customer service questions.

After the interview I received a call the same day letting me know to expect another call to set up a third interview with the General Manager. I waited a few days and after not hearing anything I called the store but was unable to get in contact with the employee who did my interview. I called back three times and finally spoke to an employee who said they were trying to see when the GM would be available to do interviews. It has been over a month and I never heard from anyone.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2017.

Interview

Initial screening phone call followed by a call with the hiring managers. Face-to-face interview then final decision. I was not given a chance to talk during the face-to-face interview since they did all the talking. No questions were asked - they said they just wanted to assess how I would fit in the company. I'm not sure how that can happen if there were no questions asked. The managers also invited me for a 1-hr interview then left for meetings 30 mins into the interview. I thought it was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you can adapt to our culture?   1 Answer

Payroll Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Originally supposed to be done by two people, they were short handed and I only met with one. I moved on to the next interview later that week to meet with an assistant manager. He offered me a position but only after telling me that the positions I applied for (both 'office jobs') would probably be hired from internal candidates and that I would lumped into the general pool of new hires.

With this being said, I was applying for a new store coming to the market and everyone that was hired had to work full-time for the 2 months before the store opened as marketing employees. During this time is when you would find out what position and pay rate you'd be working when the store opened.

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fountain Valley, CA).

Interview

Applied on line. Got a call the same day for phone interview and follow up for a in person interview. The the in person interview was with two general manager. Standard question of why do you want to work at Costco. Got a call later for a second interview with senior manager and asked similar questions. Few days later job was offered and orientation was set up.

Interview Questions

• What would you improve at Costco.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews. First with direct manager. Second was with a administrative manager. The last and deciding interview was with the warehouse manager to determine if a qualified candidate.