Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.5

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I applied online, and was asked for an in-person interview at the store within a week. Went to the store, waited a few minutes before two people came to interview me. Very basic questions. I was asked 4-5 questions, the two people left, waited a few minutes before the manager came in. Manager asked 1-2 questions max, about my availability regarding the days and hours I could work.

Then I was taken into another room where I was asked to do the saliva drug test. Signed a paper concerning the drug test, and the background check. Drug test results come up within 5 minutes. I was told they would contact me when the background check clears, around 3-4 days. Then I was free to go!

Interview Questions

• Do you remember a time when you had a disagreement/miscommunication with a coworker, and how did you fix it?

Do you remember a time when you had to ask someone for help? How did you approach it, what was the outcome?

Can you remember a time when you exceeded expectations for a particular job or task? Explain.   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received a phone call from HR/Talent for phone screen request. The whole phone screen interview was awful. Costco information security team has no clue about information security. I refuse to work here. I had 2 offers on table from furtune 500. Some Chinese lady interviewed me with half broken words.

Interview Questions

• Difference between penetration and vulnerability?   1 Answer

Unprofessional behavior, team had no knowledge of info sec.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Alexandria, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online after seeing a indeed ad! then I showed up to meet the pharmacy Manager to check on my application so she called me back a week later then I was Interviewed by pharmacy manager and assistant manager of the store ! took 30 mins they asked about 10 questions in order seemed all scripted but easy if you have experience!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a angry customer and what did you do to help them   Answer Question

Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted via phone several weeks later for a interview. Completed first round with two mangers, got called back for a interview with the store manager. After the final interview, did a instant mouth swan drug test, and submitted information for a background check.

First interview was the hardest for sure, asked the most questions, though they seemed to be a list of questions the managers chose from.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you has conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

I had an interview they liked my resume they asked me if I would take a screen test and I said yes so now I'm waiting to see if I get hired ...

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for costco   1 Answer

Membership Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online; was called about two weeks later to schedule an interview. Interviewed the next day (team interview with two people) and was offered the job, pending the drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

They gave me a call on a Friday to schedule an interview, and with joy I said yes. I was first interviewed by two of the friendliest people I've ever met, very nice individuals. They ask about your past jobs and what you did at your jobs. After about three days they called me back to schedule a second interview. My second interview went okay, it was overwhelming I admit, but I was offered the position. For the second interview they went a little more depth about your work history and asked a bit of tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?
      What are core beliefs you follow?
      What is customer service to you?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2016.

Interview

You have 3 interviews. With different people. Out of the store. Very quick. Only about 20 minutes. And last one you talk to will tell you if u have the job.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Arvada, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online(weds at 3AM)for 3 positions: Cashier, Stocker, Membership Clerk. Was called immediately later that day for an interview the following day(Thursday early afternoon). It was with one Hiring Manager and one Supervisor. The manager asked the questions, supervisor just wrote notes. Turned out they were looking for 3 positions: Cart Pusher, Food Court, and Sales Floor for electronics. After they both interviewed me they were pleased with my answers and so they brought out the Front End Assistant Manager to basically follow up on some of my answers. Once she was pleased, she made sure if I was confident in the position then offered me the job. Right after that she took me into the office to perform a saliva drug test. (Pro tip: Keep your mouth hydrated!) I could imagine it being a pain for somebody to come in only to find out you're being interviewed for a different position than what you applied for. For me it worked out for the better. Be sure you answer in detail, answer truthfully, smile a lot while making eye contact and be confident! Really makes the experience pleasant for everyone.

Interview Questions

• What are your best traits? Describe your retail history. Describe a time when you made a wrong decision and what you should've done instead. How did you prepare for this interview? What would your past supervisors say you can improve on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call to setup interview implied that pay would increase depending on experience. Upon interviewing, I was told pay was a flat $13/hr. Still acceptable for an entry level position.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with three managers and the second was with their main site manager. I had applied for a cashier role but they do NOT hire directly, you have to first be hired as a Seasonal and if you get selected you stay.