Costco Wholesale Interview Questions in Issaquah, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2016

2.9

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Costco normally hire within the company. Interview process can be varied based on the title.
    For Graphic Designer position, it is required to present portfolio and talk about past experiences. They also ask about some general behavioral questions. The manager always explain the job and what they will expect from you.

Interview Questions

• How do you put together a marketing design /artwork together? Describe the process.   Answer Question

A/P Reconciliation Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

You set a time for your interview. You go thru the first interview with your supervisors. Next step is to take an excel test to gauge your proficiency. You may have a second interview with the managers.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA).

Interview

Individual interview with direct manager to discuss my resume and detail out my experience. I also had to take a skills assessment test. This was followed up with a second interview which involved upper management.

Interview Questions

• Asked for detail of previous experience and how I adapted to specific circumstances.   1 Answer

Financial Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The first round interview is with the department supervisors, the second round is with the managers, and the third round is usually with the director(s). The interview questions are standardized for most positions that are similar in nature. Most are behavioral-based questions. They may ask you some basic accounting questions at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time that you solved a difficult accounting issues and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Frond End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I have been in US for almost 16 months. In my country we don't have Costco. So Costco is a completely new company to me. People speak highly about it., they often say Costco provides excellent benefits to their employees. I have been trying to find a job for more than half year. But you know, it's not that easy to a new immigrant whose native language is not english. Fortunately, there is a Costco near by my home. I have heard people say that if you want to work for retail or wholesales, Costco would be the NO.1 choice. I have tried to apply for a job from their website for almost 10 times, but nothing happened. No phone call. I asked other people, they said if you really want to work at there. You had better just walk in to their warehouse and talk to their manager. One day, I decided to try. I knew who the boss is in that store, I found a chance to talk to him. He asked me to talk to their HR manager of this warehouse. I brought my resume and I was lucky to find him on that day. He was interviewing someone else, he asked me to wait for awhile before he interviews me. I was a bit surprised about that. Because I didn't prepare for an interview, I thought I would just give him my resume, and if I am lucky I would hear something from them in the future. But he arranged an interview right away. Our interview happened in a computer servers room. No window and noisy. HR manager and his assistant asked me about 10 questions based on a list, and that assistant wrote down my answers on the list. The manager was busy, so he had to leave for a while sometimes. But at the end of the interview he was sitting on the chair to listen to me. He was happy about my answers and said he is glad that I came to an interview today. I was very happy too. I am glad that I was appreciated by someone else. I thought it was done after he asked me to sign on their opening position paper of food court. But he said I will have another interview with food court manager. He was a serious man and asked me some questions. But he had his concerns which were I had no food operating experience. Of course I cook at home, but that is not counted. After the interview with him, I was not that confident. He said he needs to talk with HR manager. After a few minutes, they both came into that office and told me that the plan was changed. I would no longer work at food court, but front end instead. Then they provided me a drug test and processes a background check of me. And now I will stat my work soon.
    Overall, they are all nice persons but also strict about picking up the ideal candidates. I didn't feel nervous at the first interview, the second one was a bit. Anyway, if you really want to work at Costco, just walk in to talk, at least leave an impression to them. You will be successful if you are a persistent person.

Interview Questions

• Most of them were behavior questions, like if your team member made a mistake, what would you do? If you made a mistake, what would you do? and how to fix it? How did you deal with an unsatisfied customer? What is your biggest weakness? What would you do if you are a new one in the team without hands on experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Internal Application:

After applying online at Costco IS Jobs, I got a call back within 3 days to Setup a Phone Interview. After a day I got a call back to have an in person interview 5 days after the phone interview.

The in person interview consisted of search query abilities (how to find certain keywords). How fast to type with correct grammar and spelling.
    Directions on how to create something.
    2 Behavioural Questions on handling certain situations. Because of my current employment with Costco I cannot post the direct question.
    2 questions on why I want to be at Costco Information Systems

Interview Questions

• How to create something? (proper format)   1 Answer

Operations Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

This interview was short and to the point. I met with the manager, director, and supervisor of this position and they were quite serious but friendly. The interview lasted nearly an hour and I was examined for my excel skills, communication skills, and ability to perform under pressure. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What changes or potential growth opportunities could I provide for their department.   Answer Question

Customs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two current employees interviewed me with a pre set list of questions which ranged from skill set to experience. There was also a short written test that included finding errors in a pre filled out form and asking a vendor for corrections on documentation. The environment was calm and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your past experience.   1 Answer

POS Systems Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked to an in-company recruiter, then talked with the manager of the area the position was in. Had a technical phone interview with a developer, then Costco brought me to Issaquah for the weekend for an in-person interview, and so I could look around the area. The in-person interview ended up being a little rushed, because the travel group had me booked on a flight very close to the interview time, and the recruiter forgot to tell me she was on vacation, so I had trouble getting ahold of anyone to get in for the interview. Since we were short on time, they took me to lunch and performed the interview while we ate (they had originally planned to just have the interview and then take me to lunch). Overall, the process was fairly quick and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How much familiarization do you have with Point of Sale on the 4690 Operating system?   Answer Question

Merchandise Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

A forty minute interview, followed by a Microsoft Excel and Ten-key test. It was a fairly basic interview. They often asked for real-life examples. Make sure to prior to the interview, prepare a number of real-life examples. (Ex: When is an example of how you face conflict with a co-worker, how did you deal with it).