Costco Wholesale Member Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Member Services Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Tulsa, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was with 2 department mgrs one asked me questions while the other recorded my answers. Then they had me go sit back down while they discussed my answers and decided what position was for me, then they gave me a description for the position they wanted to hire me for, then I waited a few more minutes and was interviewed by the assistant general manager who sent me to do a drug screen and background check after performing a brief interview with me.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had to handle a difficult customer   Answer Question
  • thinking back to your last review from your supervisor what is one area they indicated you need to work on   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately I wasn't able to negotiate much. Because this was a new store opening here in Tulsa, they would not extend me a full-time offer. They told me they were only hiring part-time but would be able to get me close to 40 hours because of all the requirements to get the store open. Unfortunately though the very first week they only gave me 30 hours, they stagger employees hours from week to week so that they don't have to classify them as full-time. They also didn't seem interested in placing me in areas where I had experience, they just wanted to fill the position that they have an opening left for.

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Pearland, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Arrived at a temporary store site, many other applicants waiting, seemed disorganized. I was called and interviewed by two Costco employees. Many retail related (usual) Questions. Both very professional, pleasant and appeared to be interested in my answers. I was asked to remain for a second interview. The second interviewer only asked two questions and was not engaged in the conversation at all, she excused her self twice, both times in the middle of my answers? She asked if I had any questions and in an effort to keep her interested I asked some questions about the hiring process, the answers were short and vague. I was told I would be notified by end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Costco? Asked the same question in First and Second interview.   1 Answer
    • How would you feel if you were asked to do something that was not usually part of your job?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Complete online application for specific warehouse. Follow up with warehouse personnel/hiring person by telephone. Best times to apply are end of March/April, August, and October. Be willing to do anything in the warehouse, and able to do physical work - lifting, squatting, kneeling, etc.

All interviews are standardized. Two people conduct them. One person asks the questions, the other records the answers. They may decide to ask a second set of questions, in which case they will switch roles. If asked back for a third interview, it is the same format.

Interview Questions

• Be upbeat and positive. Keep answers brief. Member service oriented and good interactions with other employees. Examples of conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everybody starts at the same rate of pay and has a 90-day probationary period. Raises are based on the number of hours worked so some employees receive raises more quickly simply because they work more hours consistently. Seasonal employees are almost always laid off. Regular part-time employees are the first to be hired back after layoffs (based on seniority), then selected seasonal employees. Again, be willing to work in any department.