Costco Wholesale Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Albany, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

You meet with lower level mangers for an interview, they ask you some generic questions to feel you out and decide what basic knowledge you have. If you pass this faze then you meet with a higher level manager and they ask you more specific questions about the actual position you are applying.

Interview Questions

• What are the 7 rights if Merchandising?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Gig Harbor, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a supervisor and manager for the department I was to work in. I was then interviewed by their boss who was one of the main store managers.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

The hiring managers were great process took quite a while but worthy. The process consisted of three interviews with various managers which all asked questions regarding customers service therefore everything flowed well.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry customer ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Overland Park, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, the first of which I was interviewed by two people. Both of whom were genuine and straight forward. They asked questions about past experiences in retail sales, which I have none and was honest about. They also asked questions to get a sense of how well I deal with interpersonal situations, both positive and negative. The asked for details on my work history and even had a copy of my resume, which was weird to me because it's a stocker job. This made me think they're serious about employee vetting, no matter how large or small the position.

The second interview was with who I assume is the manager of the entire store. She was very direct. Her questions were designed more so to show my own personal work ethic. I answered honestly and openly. She asked how I prepared for the interview. it was not as long as the first and at the end she offered me the job. I passed my drug screen and am now waiting for orientation.

Interview Questions

• To be honest the first interview came sort of unexpectedly and I was completely unprepared. Every question was difficult because I had to choose and recall details of past experiences on the spot. I was just honest and as professional, didn't try to inflate or boast which I fell they sensed which I why I was given the second interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manahawkin, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Manahawkin, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

It was really fast. Interviewers were very nice and kind. They really liked what I had to say to them to make the process smoother. I hope I get this job!!

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Sit down with a manager and one other person. One asks you questions while the other writes down your answers. Very cookie cutter questions. They are literally reading the questions off a sheet so it can feel very formal and robot-like. After the initial interview I interviewed with one of the assistant managers in the same format. Less formal, felt more like they wanted to see more of my personality and if they actually wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

They receive many applications, in order for your application to be followed up on I recommend contacting them a week after your submission explaining your interest and if they had a time scheduled for your interview.

Interview Questions

• nothing too difficult, behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when......... How do you handle.........   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Wyoming, MI).

Interview

You go through 3 sets of interviews with two managers each time usually.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about your pervious experience and times when you have had to work with difficult fellow employees and what you did in those situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was only about start date and specific availability if still in school.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Toledo, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very relaxed, yet they did a great job of asking good questions that elicited your potential for growth and experience in difficult situations. They provided a good background of the company, the job duties, and the culture of Costco as a member-based company. I would most definitely recommend this position or company to anyone in need of a job or career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to demonstrate leadership.   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Plano, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Three wave interview process. First is with a junior level manager, second is a floor manager, and third is a GM, or warehouse/assistant-warehouse manager.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are basic. work ethic, ability to help members. just be well grounded and willing to do whatever you need to help both members and the staff.   Answer Question