Costco Wholesale Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Alexandria, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online after seeing a indeed ad! then I showed up to meet the pharmacy Manager to check on my application so she called me back a week later then I was Interviewed by pharmacy manager and assistant manager of the store ! took 30 mins they asked about 10 questions in order seemed all scripted but easy if you have experience!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a angry customer and what did you do to help them   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sacramento, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call for an interview a month after applying. At my first interview, I was interviewed by two people. They were very nice and I enjoyed the interview. They asked a lot of situational or experiential questions, such as 'What do you do when dealing with rude customers?' or 'Talk about a time when you had to meet a cerain quota/goal and what you did.'

After my first interview, I was contacted two days later to schedule my second interview, which was a one-on-one interview. This time, I was asked questions like 'Why should we hire you?' or 'Where do you see yourself in the next five years?'

Interview Questions

• What would your previous boss say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your past experiences up until now.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Costco?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you exceeded your job expectations.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you were misunderstood and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Springdale, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I met with the pharmacy supervisor and the front end manager. The store manager did all the talking and just asked a list of situational questions from a printed sheet he held while the pharmacy supervisor took notes. It only lasted about 15 minutes. The pharmacy supervisor just asked why I left my previous pharmacy job. Then they asked if I had any questions.They didn't ask anything about my background. I believe they called me in with no intention of hiring me, just to give the supervisor some interviewing experience with the situational questions and answers expected. Possibly they were concerned that I had no retail experience but they didn't mention anything about this.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a line of customers if you don't know who should be assisted next.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Independence, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with the manager of the front section of the store and a supervisor. It was pretty simple and they just asked basic questions. They gave a good overview of what they expected you to do for the job that you'd applied for. Once that was passed you interviewed with the Pharmacist in Charge and another supervisor. This interview was a bit more serious and they asked a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a line forming in the pharmacy and you were working on another project?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2015.

Interview

New store opening, so it was more of a bulk interview process over a few days. I applied online and was called the next day to set up a time to come in. I interviewed 2 days later, first with two employees (not sure of job titles). We talked about previous work history, and the basic interview questions, maybe 6-10 in total. I 'passed' this round and next met with the Warehouse Manager. This was more informal and was really a get-to-know-you interview. We talked availability and where I saw myself within the company in the future. Altogether a very pleasant experience. I was offered the position the same day, and I'm excited to work for this company!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you were recognized for your performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was friendly and professional, I didn't feel pressure at all, first, I was given a short assessment quiz it was some pharmacy calculations (I was asked not to use a calculator) and other pharmacy questions (brand names, prescription, pharmacy abbreviations, and dosing)
    Then, I was interviewed by two people. The Pharmacy manager and the store manager. they asked professional question from customer service to dealing with work situations

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked in a team to finish certain task   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Silverdale, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Questions

• all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2013.

Interview

I was shocked by the crazy questions ask that had nothing to do with my job? The two so called managers couldn't read well and I found myself correcting them.

Interview Questions

• If you were busy with a customer and a line started forming how would you handle that and why? How about some common sense! Is what I said inside. First you greet each person and let them know you will get to them soon. This is what you do because you want that customer to have a positive visit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to jump my part time work pay up because of my background.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Greensboro, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Called me in for an initial face to face interview then called me in for a second interview to offer my the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered terms and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

First interview spoke with pharmacy manager and second interview with assistant manager. Asked general questions about previous employment history, school schedule, and knowledge of Costco.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with a difficult customer and what was the outcome.   Answer Question