Costco Wholesale Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Santee, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

After 2 months I received a call for a interview. I went to my first interview and now waiting on the 2nd
    The interview was in the managers office with 2 people present. They asked about me then asked why I wanted to work for Costco. It was pretty quick

Interview Questions

• Do I get along well with others   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Poway, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a manager at Poway Costco. They are hiring for temporary seasonal employment. I explained that I was fine with that and followed up with opportunities to possibly get full time work. This interviewer smiled out of the side of his face like "here's that question again". It felt like good cop bad cop police interrogation. I've always pride myself as a good interviewer but when your asked off the questions then if your honest with your answer to be called on it.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you couldn't get a long with a person you worked with?   1 Answer

Food Court Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with GM discussed future with company. Philosophy concerning operations, philosophy concerning labor, etc. Discussed P&L practices and in preparing asked a lot of questions about margin and product. Also discussed what impact I have made this far.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make an immediate impact?   1 Answer

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (La Mesa, CA).

Interview

Got interview almost 2 months after applied. Was called for seasonal position, not for what I applied. Two women interviewers, but not private. In a "break room" with 2 other employees. I was very up front & told them I was not going to be available a certain time frame (4 days) at the beginning of November. One interviewer was very "put off" by this. She said, "Well, not sure how that's gonna go, but we'll see." She continued with the interview questions, but I honestly felt she had already made her decision about me. She told me that the position was anywhere from 0-40 hours a week (that's not too ambiguous)& was mainly collecting carts, restocking & merchandising. When I asked her about the position I applied for, she said "maybe, but probably not-unless you want to work overnight." I asked about the chance of being hired permanently after the holidays and she said, "None-we promote from within-very rarely hire on seasonal employees. You have to start at the bottom." Entire interview took about 10 minutes. Got the "thanks but, no thanks" e-mail the next day.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I summited my application on June 1, 2016. I immediately contacted the pharmacy manager to let them know I dropped in my resume, and I am really interested in the position. Gave them 2 weeks and called to check on them on the June 14, 2016. I talked to another manager, and he asked me to come to the next day for the interview. The interview started with 10 questions test which I needed to answer on paper. It was about sig code, general retail pharmacy knowledge, drugs (generic/brand), calculation...etc.

Then I had panel interview with one pharmacy manager and pharmacy intern. They were the nicest interviewees I have ever talked to. Very simple read off basic questions. I was being myself as much as I can while maintaining very bubbly. They like how I smile a lot because, to them, customer service is very important.

Then they told me to step outside while they discuss. Five minutes later, the pharmacy intern came out and told me that they really like me during the interview, and he walked me to the warehouse manager where I had my second interview. It wasn't panel anymore. It was the one on one.

While letting me know that obtaining a full time position at Costco is very hard, let alone be a full time position in the pharmacy, the warehouse manager offered me the full time position on the spot that same day with my drug test and background check. He even asked if I had a vacation planned (how did I find out!!!), which I actually did, so he can approve those days as well. How nice can Costco employees can be!

I started a week after with 4.5 hours of paid orientation. I am now working full time. So happy and blessed to work for this company.

Overall, I think being friendly, caring and smily are what catching their attention. ALL ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Interview Questions

• How many years of pharmacy technician experience you have?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Costco?   1 Answer

Seasonal Front End Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three interviews in one day. I did not know at the time that I would get two more interviews after the first one. When I got to the third interview, I started to get hungry. I wished they informed me about the time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was set at 11.50

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chula Vista, CA).

Interview

Was called in a couple months after applying online, make sure to read up on company a little bit. Also make sure to be able to recall past events since they will rely on your ability to describe different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation wherein you had to make quick decisions   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 managers did the interview. They asked many questions. Wanted to know my work history, asked me what was my most difficult challenge in working for Costco. How to handle a difficult member, the importance of Costco being member store ready, my strengths and weeknesses.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Well, I interviewed in a room in front of 2 supervisors. I was asked to tell them something about myself. I went into my job experience since I was 19. I held a job from that age for 17 years and then quite had another for another 8 years with part time jobs in between at night so I didn't have to many jobs to talk about. Anyways, I was asked why do I want to work for them. I did research before going in on the company. Looked at stock, their mission statements and what kind of volunteer work they did or helped with. It helped. I have a 2nd interview on Friday!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for costco   1 Answer

Part Time Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was a two part interview. First with two of the assistant managers and then with the Store Manager if you get that far. A drug test is done immediately after the interviews if you are to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a retail position before?   1 Answer