Costco Wholesale Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.4

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
    o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
    o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
    o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
    o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
    o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
    o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
    o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
    o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
    o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
    o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
    o How do you define great customer service?
    o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
    o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
    o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
    o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
    o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
    o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
    o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
    o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
    o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
    o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
    o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
    o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
    o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
    o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
    o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
    o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
    o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
    o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
    o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
    o Describe how you manage your time.
    o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
    o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
    o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
    o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Mobile, AL) in October 2017.

Interview

Came in 15 minutes early waited maybe another 15 minutes for those ahead of me to finish their interview. There were two managers there very nice and calm tempo. Asked series of questions one looked at reactions while other asked questions. Very standard and easy interview.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2017.

Interview

Sat down with two interviewers. One asked questions while the other took notes. Wasn't too difficult. They look for enthusiastic and hardworking people, so I gave answers that showed I'm enthusiastic and hardworking.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a conflict in the workplace   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Gig Harbor, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with three managers during two different interviews. The interview process is all about situational questions. Describe a time when this occurred and how you responded... If you have a good work background, chances are you have already dealt with many of the situations, just be honest. You are also able to ask to come back to a question later if you cannot think of an answer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got into a conflict with another employee or supervisor. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Did first interview, did well enough they skipped the 2nd interview.

Did a 3rd interview with GM of the building.

Read the interview questions from others too and you will do fine. Always have an answer for any question don't, not have one. Do not give hypothetical answers either.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a high-stress situation/environment and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for Costco?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

You interview with two team leaders first. It was a little intimidating one person will ask you the questions an the other takes notes. After this interview if they feel your a good match they will have you come back for a second interview with those leaders manager. At the second interview that manager things your still a good fit you will be passed on to HR for your oral drug test and background check during that interview. I loved Costco, they are picky on who they will hire- make sure you know what a great company they are before you go to your interview

Interview Questions

• How do you follow safety guidelines in the workplace   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I applied online, and was asked for an in-person interview at the store within a week. Went to the store, waited a few minutes before two people came to interview me. Very basic questions. I was asked 4-5 questions, the two people left, waited a few minutes before the manager came in. Manager asked 1-2 questions max, about my availability regarding the days and hours I could work.

Then I was taken into another room where I was asked to do the saliva drug test. Signed a paper concerning the drug test, and the background check. Drug test results come up within 5 minutes. I was told they would contact me when the background check clears, around 3-4 days. Then I was free to go!

Interview Questions

• Do you remember a time when you had a disagreement/miscommunication with a coworker, and how did you fix it?

Do you remember a time when you had to ask someone for help? How did you approach it, what was the outcome?

Can you remember a time when you exceeded expectations for a particular job or task? Explain.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Right when I got to the table, I didn't get to sit down yet, and she asked why I wanna be a stocker. Sheesh, fast pace environment and you need to be fast. Forreal, forreal. They just throw out questions and you answer. I couldn't even formulate a thought. Process took about 5-8 mins.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online, came in for an interview 9 days later. One manager interviewed me, asked basic interview questions, they want examples from previous work experiences. Came in for 2nd and had to do a drug test, then was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is excellent customer service to you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you and another employee had a disagreement and how'd you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you've dealt with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Azusa, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in October of 2016 online, and received a phone call for an interview two days later for a seasonal position at the Azusa warehouse. The interview was two-in-one with two interviewers. It wasn't really difficult since they asked simple questions. They asked about five or six questions: Tell us a little about youself; Have you ever been in a fast moving working environment?; Have you handled an potential dangerous equipment?; Did you work a place where you were supervised?; and Was there a time that you had difficulties with a customer? The first interview took about fifteen to twenty minutes. Got called for a second interview about a week later.

The second interview was with a general manager, and was easier than the first one. He asked me why I wanted to work at Costco, and then lead on to wanting to know if I knew about the store's layout. We then talked about high school sports, and college. Lasted about fifteen minutes as he told me that he had nine other candidates to interview withing two days.

I received an email about a week later telling me that I didn't get the job. I personally think it might be because I had no actual working experience, I might have been over-dressed, or maybe they already hired the necessary help for the holiday season. Really wasn't any indication that I wouldn't get hired, especially since one of the interviewers during the first one was on his phone for at least three minutes.

I would also like to point out that I've been applying to five different Costcos since June of the same year. After all of this, I reckon that it's probably easier to get hired during the holiday season for a seasonal position. Back to applying!