Costco Wholesale Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews. First with direct manager. Second was with a administrative manager. The last and deciding interview was with the warehouse manager to determine if a qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Job posting open to everyone, everyone is interviewed, process can take a long time. Most the time it feels like management has who they want to promote in mind however everyone has an opportunity to express there skill set and interest.

Interview Questions

• Costco Quiz, What is in the fence right now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Quick and easy you need to know the business and how the front end works it is important to work hard and show yourself as a good candidate for the next few weeks of school tomorrow and for all my friends life heart and I love you too and the other first day of at

Interview Questions

• How do you handle tough customers   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2016.

Interview

The job posting is posted on the board in the employee break room and/or online on their intranet. You are required to submit a letter of interest - I supplemented my application with a brief work history highlighting my responsibility and supervisory experience because I had only been at my current store for 3 months.

Both times I was interviewed, they pulled me in while I was working on my normal shift. They don't tell you when it will happen so always be prepared. My first interview didn't go too well because I wasn't ready to be pulled in and gather my thoughts. For my 2nd interview, very day after I applied, I had a cheat sheet of notes I would review on breaks/lunches.

They started the interview with the assistant store manager, and pulled in the front end manager to join. The assistant manager took the notes, asked follow up questions, etc. They will ask you behavior questions (conflict resolution, etc.) and about COSTCO as a company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of membership does COSTCO offer and what are the benefits?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Clackamas, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Brought into office with two managers and had a conversation about why I wanted the position. Covered topics about examples that proved I could be a good supervisor, sales numbers for departments, customer service skills like "Take 5"

Interview Questions

• What would you bring that was different?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was nice. Nothing bad to say really. They asked questions and i answered. Just like any other interview. There were three in total . I was not nervous. I think i did very well

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sacramento, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

ALL questions in ALL interviews with Costco are event and experience based. You MUST cite a specific instance where you acted a certain way. Costco is looking for actual behavior, not what you "think" you would do in a situation. Often, answering the question with a hypothetical response is an instant termination of the interview. Typical interviews consist of 3-5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have a difficult situation with a customer and how you resolved it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to work under stress or meet a deadline, and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with an employee and how you approached the issue.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Sometimes, interviewing over the phone doesn't show your true abilities. The best way to interview is in person and to have glowing reviews from your former employer because they WILL call and they WILL ask a lot of questions. I actually didn't have to do much during the interview process because my former manager said nothing but good things about me, but had no way of keeping me because they couldn't afford another supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you made a compromise for a member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Denver, CO) in June 2009.

Interview

They tend to ask 8 standard questions which are situational. Online only apps taken by individual building.

Interview Questions

• How did you develop an employee to improve them drastically?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None negotiable.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Online only application. You need to be diligent to get an interview. Interviewing process was easy enough.

Interview Questions

• Some of the multiple choice questions have 2 answers that were acceptable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. The pay and benefits are set.