Costco Wholesale Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Warehouse Interview Questions

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application for All Positions, and because of my warehouse experience I was called to schedule an interview with a costco depot warehouse. While scheduling the interview i had a quick phone interview to discuss experience and thoughts on the position. A script about position details was read over the phone and the interview was scheduled. Arrived at the depot and sat with 2 warehouse managers in a closed room. They had a list of situational questions and asked probably not even 10 of them. One manager asked questions while the other took notes. Some examples i can remember are things like:
"If a team member was not working the expected pace, how would you handle it?"

"Recall a situation where you've made a mistake."

"How have you handled supervisors you haven't gotten along with?"

They then asked if i had any questions. I asked about hours, dress code, departments, management opportunities, steps of the hiring process. One manager then took me on a walk through of the warehouse where she explained some operations. I made sure to inquire and relate to my previous experience.

Afterwards i was scheduled to come in the next day, where i had a second interview with the GM. It was very quick and the last step in the interview process, just asked me standard "why did you apply at Costco?" type questions. I talked about advancement opportunities and work environment. He said at that point he can send me to the next step, where i was drug tested and hr explained more to me about dress codes and what the next few weeks would be like. Drug test was mouth swab. Background test was said to take about 1-2 weeks, so thats where i am now. Waiting on background. They have yet to extend a formal offer of employment until the background comes back. At that point we would discuss pay rate. Overall everyone was extremely nice and helpful and it looks like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• "Recall a situation where your communication skills have caused you to succeed."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

The hireing process was fairly standard. I failed because I was working extremely hard at the job that I had at the time. So at my first interview (which was in person), these two managers play good cop bad cop. I didn't really pick up on it at the time. But having prepared for what I thought would be a very professional interview, i was very put off when one of the managers intensionally insinuated that I might enjoy slacking off at work RIGHT AFTER I just got done saying that I really enjoy fast pased hard, chalenging work. I reassured him in a professional way that i DID enjoy working hard, to which he only rephrased his original jab. I became very candid and told him that that was not what i had just said, and that i very much enjoyed my work. needless to say it was a short interview. expect to be messed with a little. i now do much work with costco, and they are all awesome people. i'm sure other reviews can offer more insight into what you should do.

Interview Questions

• Good cop Bad cop approach.   1 Answer