Cotton On Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cotton On Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional recruiter at first about my interest in the company and to see if my interests and goals lined up with their values.

After two phone interviews with the recruiter, she set up an in-person interview with the store manager I would be working for and the district manager. I interviewed with both of them simultaneously in person about a week later. After them, they had the branch manager contact me and tell me about the brand, the values, the role, and the goals. After this, I was contacted a day later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cotton On

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

A very long, dragged out process. Each interview I had with a team member was the exact same as the previous. I felt like I was constantly repeating myself when the team could have just communicated with eachother or at least all asked me different questions. I mainly dealt with the district recruiter. She was almost always hard to get a hold of, and very very rude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I would be able to negotiate however when I tried, I was instantly denied.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Scripted, impertinent questions. Especially for how high up the position was the interview was very shallow, basic stuff. It shows in their staffing as well. They need to rewrite their interview guides to be targeted towards finding driven, committed employees, not fashionistas.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current trends   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cotton On (Orange Park, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

iam willing and promise to give cotton on 100 percents of hard work and honest and be a great leader

Interview Questions

• most difficult get me in and unexpected is doint lose a talent manger like me   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I got a call about one month after submitting a resume online. after speaking with the recruiter, i was asked to do another phone interview. the two asked general questions about my experience, what my goals were, why i wanted to work there, and if i felt comfortable working alone with out a closer M-Th (since the company believes strongly in keeping a tight payroll budget). after my second interview i was asked to do a one on one a week later, and one more after that (a week a part also). it took a whole month of calls and one on ones to finally be offered a position, in which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• how do you know you're doing a great job at being a leader and developing your staff?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer was $1,600 less than what I was asking. And when I asked for .30 cents more p/hr, he said he would check the stores volume and call back. 15 minutes later, i receive a call back with him saying "okay, you go it. it's yours." putting me just under $1,000 from what I was originally asking.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cotton On in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was informal, because it was an in store promotion. Due to the previous Store manager walking out. The assistant store manager was promoted to store manager, and I the senior key holder promoted to assistant manager